T Nation

Bromocriptine

Does anyone know anything about Bromocriptine? Aparently, it has GH-releasing properties and metabolic effects. But I haven’t found too much info on it.

Bump

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
It’s a dopamine agonist, is quite harsh on your system (allegedly), and whenever I take it, I feel nauseous and shite for about 8 hours…

bushy[/quote]

Thanks Bushy. Have you also had good results while taking it? Or are those sides just too much, and you don’t really use it because of them?

I tried it a few times, but I just don’t like feeling sick, so I left it alone.[/quote]

Thanks Bushy. Just two other questions.

1. Is there any reason to be at all concerned with organ hypertrophy beacause of the GH-releasing properties. I’m almost certain the answer would be no since the levels are probably so miniscule compared to high-dose GH supplementation. But I thought I’d check for sure.
  2. Has anyone else had positive, personal experiences with this drug? Without the sides that Bushy experienced?

I would surely guess ‘no’ to organomegaly from bromocriptine.

If you are looking for GH releasing properties, then perhaps 1-2 iu GH ED would better suit your needs…

bushy[/quote]

Not a bad idea. I’m guessing that’s also too low a dose to cause organomegaly. I was thinking perhaps the bromocriptine for a cutting cycle this summer. It’s said to be very effective for dieting.

jsbrook wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
I would surely guess ‘no’ to organomegaly from bromocriptine.

If you are looking for GH releasing properties, then perhaps 1-2 iu GH ED would better suit your needs…

bushy

Not a bad idea. I’m guessing that’s also too low a dose to cause organomegaly. I was thinking perhaps the bromocriptine for a cutting cycle this summer. It’s said to be very effective for dieting.

GH can also be very good for fat loss, esp. at 1-2iu ED.[/quote]

Thanks Bushy. Something to think about.