T Nation

Bromelain and Digestive Enzymes Experiences?

Has anyone found these beneficial? How can I judge if they are working and worth the money?

Also, someone said Bromelain works as a natural anti-inflamatory. Is this true?

Fill a double shot glass up with half apple cider vinegar, half lemon juice. Drink this right before you start eating.

Halfway through your meal, have 1000 mg of bromelain and 900-1300 mg of betaine HCL. Pause for like 5-10 minutes, finish eating.

If you feel too much of a warmth in your stomach, subtract a tab of the betaine HCL. If the feeling persists, go from a double shot glass to a single shot, half ACV and half lemon juice.

Keep up the routine for 2 weeks, with high protein meals only. Back off for 3-4 weeks. Always cycle. I think it helps me some…

I took 2x600mg of betaine hcl for all my solid meals for 1 month and i stopped farting at which point i wasn’t capable of dutch ovening my gf and that made me sad. other than that i felt like i got the most out of all my juicy steaks and tender chicken breasts.

[quote]sarah1 wrote:

Also, someone said Bromelain works as a natural anti-inflamatory. Is this true?[/quote]

Yup.

Thanks. where do you get HCL? Is it expensive?

Most health food stores should have them. I bought mine online. The adam branded betaine hcl with added pepsin.

hcl is the cheapest supp- $10 for a month’s supply

Wow, there’s bromelain in my meat tenderizer. I was worried it was something bad.