T Nation

Broken Nose: How Long to Heal?

Hey guys for all the people hear that have had ther nose broken before how long does it typically take to get back to normal. I broke my nose about 3 months ago and my doctor said its healed but it is still very sensetive. If i hit itby accident it feels like i re broke it. SO how long does it typically take before its 100% healed in everyones opionon

Why listen to your doctor when you got anonymous guys on the Internet to turn to?

at least if you play in the QMJHL you won’t have to worry about rebreaking it, those boys are too pretty to engage in the rough stuff

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
at least if you play in the QMJHL you won’t have to worry about rebreaking it, those boys are too pretty to engage in the rough stuff[/quote]

LOL, good one.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
at least if you play in the QMJHL you won’t have to worry about rebreaking it, those boys are too pretty to engage in the rough stuff[/quote]

how do you even now i was planing on trying out for that league. Did you read thibs thred haha

I have had my nose broke and reset a couple times.

it is “healed” a couple months usually 6-8 weeks or so but it still hurts a long time after its healed.

even if its healed wear a mask cause smackin it might not rebreak it but it will make your eyes water.
and no one wants to see you cry,really not again

[quote]Nich wrote:

it is “healed” a couple months usually 6-8 weeks or so but it still hurts a long time after its healed.

even if its healed wear a mask cause smackin it might not rebreak it but it will make your eyes water.
and no one wants to see you cry,really not again[/quote]

All true, and it will never be the same. Once it has been broken it is easier to break again.

i had it broken once, and it was fine in a month.

and i have a large Italian nose!

hockey rockS!!!

Broken mine 5 times. The first was clearly the worst when I was 6 years old and it left my nose crooked for life. I don’t remember how long it took before it was better, but it was a while before it stopped being overly sensitive. With each time, it seemed to heal quicker, but then again, it depends on how bad each break is. I broke it again in HS wrestling when I took a flying knee just below the bridge. It seems that that break took the longest to heal, maybe because I still had 6 weeks left in the season. I hated the stupid mask I had to wear.

After all that, I guess, my answer is, it depends.

DB

I fractured my nose back in 2002, and it took about 2 months before it was completely fine. Be aware that it will bleed for awhile, and you probably have to tone down your workouts until its healed. Whatever you do, do your homework. After all , its your nose right smack in the middle of your face. Let it heal right no matter how long it takes.

I’ve broken my nose 12 times, an each time it varied before it felt normal again.
Typically it does heal within a cpl months; however the achiness has lasted anywhere from a cpl months to a yr.

Rub some 'Tussin on it.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Rub some 'Tussin on it.[/quote]

tussin for all

broken leg “Rub some 'Tussin on it”
cant sleep “Tussin”
its the cure all

but yes let it heal right
nothing says both badass and ugly as sin like a big bump on the bridge of your nose

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I fractured my nose back in 2002, and it took about 2 months before it was completely fine. Be aware that it will bleed for awhile, and you probably have to tone down your workouts until its healed. Whatever you do, do your homework. After all , its your nose right smack in the middle of your face. Let it heal right no matter how long it takes. [/quote]

o no beilive me i know this happend months ago and i had to train with less intensity so it didnt bleed but yea its healed as the doctor says but if i hit it by accident it fucking kills. I was only out of training for a week though

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Broken mine 5 times. The first was clearly the worst when I was 6 years old and it left my nose crooked for life. I don’t remember how long it took before it was better, but it was a while before it stopped being overly sensitive. With each time, it seemed to heal quicker, but then again, it depends on how bad each break is. I broke it again in HS wrestling when I took a flying knee just below the bridge. It seems that that break took the longest to heal, maybe because I still had 6 weeks left in the season. I hated the stupid mask I had to wear.

After all that, I guess, my answer is, it depends.

DB[/quote]

yea my was some guys fist and yea it was preety bad haha