Broken Neck

Man, that is f’ed up. I was wondering where you had been. Sorry to hear it. You have had one f’ed up year.

Anyway, good luck on recovery. It is all about mind over matter.

As far as your woman goes. If you love her and want to be with her there is hope. Tell her what you did and that the guilt was messing you up, and that is why you broke it off with her. Once it is out there, the guilt will subside. If she chooses to be with you great, if not it will make it easier for you and her to move on, and she won’t be hanging on and “breaking you down.”

I injured my neck and trap a year and a half ago,it still gives me shit and makes me wanna throw up after a weight session.And all i did was muscular.
Neck injuries suck and take a long time to heal.I’d say wait a year or two to lift,and just do lots of rehabilitation.

Check with the Salvation Army. I knew a person who lost his daughter a couple weeks after she was born. She spent the entire time in the hospital. He was left with a $40,000 + bill. The Salvation Army covered the whole thing. They might just cover at least a part of it. Also get your bills together and figure out what you could afford to pay each month and contact the companies owed. You might be surprised how willing they are to work with you, especially if they know that you might be pushed into a bankruptcy. Just don’t use bankruptcy as a threat, just state that you are wanting to avoid it.

If there is no way that you could ever pay it off, or they are unwilling to work with you, then you should not fear bankruptcy. It should always be as a last resort. Many people who can afford to pay their bills foolishly take that route just as an easy way to dump debt just because they feel like it. You have a more legitimate reason. And while it lasts 10 or 11 years, bad information lasts 7 years, so that is just 3 or 4 more years. With a little work you would be surprised at how quickly you can get yourself back into a good credit rating even with a bankruptcy on your report.

As far as working out, double check with a good physical therapist. If your neck is the only thing you broke, I could see that working out may not bother you very much as long as you stay away from exercises that directly or indirectly use the neck muscles. I would still be very careful and try to stay away from intensity for a while, and don’t do any neck exercises for at least 6 months.

I am sure the extra muscle on your body probably saved your life, or even your ability to walk. You may have read the story of Sergio Olivia who was shot by his wife. (Accidentally?) The doctors said that all of the muscle in his body stopped the bullet, and saved his life. After he recovered, he discovered that he had knee trouble, and it was discovered that he chipped his knee many years before, and the muscle in his leg held the chips in place so they never caused a problem until he lost a large amount of muscle.

As for your ex, if you truly love her, then you should be willing to change yourself to be a better person. You should also be truthful with her and let her decide rather then decide for her if she wants to be with you. Just be sincere and honest. If she wants nothing to do with you, remember this and still work on being what you consider a better person. Then the next time you find a person you feel as strongly about, you will be the person she deserves. (I’d better stop before I get an urge to watch Oprah.)

Its not about being mean to this idiot. The fact is if he drifts off the road asleep and hit your family youd be a lot less compassionate. People dont need sympathy, people need to learn responsibiity for their actions.

I know Rookie. Believe it or not, he did have his seatbelt on! AS for “By the Way…,” I saw the X-Rays. His neck is being held together by 2 pins. He has to keep his immobile while these fuse to the vertabrae.

Rookie’s immense pecs actually prevented him from breaking his sternum!

He ended up in another car accident a short time after the big accident. Luckily, he was ok.

He just needs to take it easy when he gets back into the gym. He’s going to grow like a weed and be “bigger than Phillips” again in no time!