Broken Mirror Worries

Holy balls, people.

This is pretty pathetic.

Have we really moved this far from personal accountability?

You dropped a dumbbell and broke something. Take responsibility for your actions.

At this point, even though I was being sardonic, I am embarrassed for having participated in this thread.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
Are you a high school student or a university student? What king of school is it?

Talk to an attorney. What the hell.

I am curious though, to others posting here. There was a thread a while ago about a speeding ticket. I am wondering about people who had an opinion there, what there opinion is on this. Speeding, man up and pay. This, if were really an accident, I wouldn’t without representation of some sort.[/quote]

You sicken me. Hiring a lawyer and suing the gym? The only accident here is that he was a noob and couldn’t hold on to the weights he was using.

Why are you all telling him to have someone else take responsibility for his fuck up? You sound like paris hilton

I was doing triceps extensions overhead, haha not kickbacks:) Yeah I am highschool student and I was using both hands but it slipped out, I have fairly good grip strength for deadlifting over 2x body weight (435)and used to do a lot of BJJ with abnormally flexible shoulder joints and arms so I don’t think that is the problem, it was also my 5th set of moderate weight(I started phase 3 of the BB frontier by Waterbury). A lot of the weights are unevenly balanced due to age. They constantly have to adjust them due to people dropping them etc. I am never rough with weights and this is the first time anything like this has happened. Even if I can’t crank out a dead lift I lower it slowly with controlled form.

I am not a pussy and would pay If I had the money but I am obviously a poor student who already works and my parents aren’t willing to bail my ass out. I work out there after school to get away from them in the first place.

It is my last year so there isn’t really a hope of payment options(I’d def be willing) and the guy was pretty rigid and uncompromising about paying the full estimate. I guess he thought I was one of the kids whose parents covered everything for as he talked about phoning them but I told him I’d man up myself if I could afford to. Labor is ridiculous around here too.

I buy my own groceries, supplements etc so If I have to pay this it is goodbye to those luxuries for a few months. Ill check into their insurance though. It is shitty enough with final exams+work to have this on my mind.

Can’t be helped I guess. I’m still young!Body>money

Superedit: Good point on the chemistry example. In almost every lab kids smash 50-100 dollars worth of glass and they don’t do shit about it and write it off, why is my situation different?
Thanks

[quote]Chickenmcnug wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:
Are you a high school student or a university student? What king of school is it?

Talk to an attorney. What the hell.

I am curious though, to others posting here. There was a thread a while ago about a speeding ticket. I am wondering about people who had an opinion there, what there opinion is on this. Speeding, man up and pay. This, if were really an accident, I wouldn’t without representation of some sort.

You sicken me. Hiring a lawyer and suing the gym? The only accident here is that he was a noob and couldn’t hold on to the weights he was using.

Why are you all telling him to have someone else take responsibility for his fuck up? You sound like paris hilton
[/quote]

Listen noob, did I say to sue the gym? I encouraged him to talk to someone before they railroaded him into financial responsibility. Were you shaken as a child?

[quote]Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
Xylene wrote:
This is what you do:
Walk into the owner’s office, pull down your shorts/pants,underwear, and say, “I’m here to pay for the mirror.”
He’ll drop to his knees.
Owner: :SLURP: :SLURP: :SLURP:
You: OOHHH , yea, UUGGGGHHH!
WORKS everytime I break something. :smiley:

But since you don’t have the balls to do the above just pay for the mirror.

:slight_smile:

Why would having his knob slobbed be any kind of compensation? If anything, he should get down on his knees and perform the oral on the person in charge.[/quote]

Because he is given then the pleasure of sucking his HOT COCK! :smiley:

:slight_smile:

1.)If the weight bounced off your traps instead of crushing your spine into a smooth creamy paste, you were not lifting heavy enough.

2.)There is nothing wrong with kickbacks for triceps. Tell me when you get to using in excess of 60lbs for them and tell me if your triceps are still small.

3.)Quit being a bitch and pay for the fact that you can’t hold onto a weight so light that it could “bounce” off your traps and hit a wall.

[quote]AxeKicker wrote:
… and the guy was pretty rigid and uncompromising about paying the full estimate. I guess he thought I was one of the kids whose parents covered everything for as he talked about phoning them but I told him I’d man up myself if I could afford to.
[/quote]

I’m not backing off my rule of you should pay for what you break, but who is “the guy” that was pushing you to agree to pay? I’d say that it’s not clear whether he has the authority to make you pay. The mirror wasn’t his.

The school department may have different rules regarding accidental breakage of the equipment (the mirror). Threatening to call your parents sounds like he wanted to scare you. It also sounds like it worked.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
AxeKicker wrote:
… and the guy was pretty rigid and uncompromising about paying the full estimate. I guess he thought I was one of the kids whose parents covered everything for as he talked about phoning them but I told him I’d man up myself if I could afford to.

I’m not backing off my rule of you should pay for what you break, but who is “the guy” that was pushing you to agree to pay? I’d say that it’s not clear whether he has the authority to make you pay. The mirror wasn’t his.

The school department may have different rules regarding accidental breakage of the equipment (the mirror). Threatening to call your parents sounds like he wanted to scare you. I also sounds like it worked.

[/quote]

I agree with this. Who does this money get paid to? “The Guy”, or “The School”?

[quote]AxeKicker wrote:
I was doing triceps extensions overhead, haha not kickbacks:) Yeah I am highschool student and I was using both hands but it slipped out, I have fairly good grip strength for deadlifting over 2x body weight (435)and used to do a lot of BJJ with abnormally flexible shoulder joints and arms so I don’t think that is the problem, it was also my 5th set of moderate weight(I started phase 3 of the BB frontier by Waterbury). A lot of the weights are unevenly balanced due to age. They constantly have to adjust them due to people dropping them etc. I am never rough with weights and this is the first time anything like this has happened. Even if I can’t crank out a dead lift I lower it slowly with controlled form.

I am not a pussy and would pay If I had the money but I am obviously a poor student who already works and my parents aren’t willing to bail my ass out. I work out there after school to get away from them in the first place.

It is my last year so there isn’t really a hope of payment options(I’d def be willing) and the guy was pretty rigid and uncompromising about paying the full estimate. I guess he thought I was one of the kids whose parents covered everything for as he talked about phoning them but I told him I’d man up myself if I could afford to. Labor is ridiculous around here too.

I buy my own groceries, supplements etc so If I have to pay this it is goodbye to those luxuries for a few months. Ill check into their insurance though. It is shitty enough with final exams+work to have this on my mind.

Can’t be helped I guess. I’m still young!Body>money

Superedit: Good point on the chemistry example. In almost every lab kids smash 50-100 dollars worth of glass and they don’t do shit about it and write it off, why is my situation different?
Thanks
[/quote]

Talk to the school principal, AxeKicker. Just explain everything as you did above (take responsibility, explain your financial situation, etc) and see what he or she says. Good luck.

[quote]AxeKicker wrote:

Thanks
[/quote]

No you missed the point about Chemistry. You HAVE to pay for what you break in a Chem class.

I also said that the moral high ground is to pay

AND just because they might not have the authority to make you pay doesn’t mean you shouldn’t pay.

Talk to your parents and the principal or a counselor and see what they work out for you.

You will feel better about it.