Brokeback Mountain: The Director’s Bulk

Low 190’s last time I checked. Thanks

1 Like

impressive.

not many people OHP their bw

even fewer 1.05 x bw

3 Likes

My father and one of my brothers went out fishing today, came back with a bunch of catfish they can’t eat because they follow Jewish dietary regulations. Gonna try to make some bastardized Cajun food lol

3 Likes

6 Likes

TPWiaB W12D4: Deload Chin

Chins: Work to 100x1(?)
Pendlay Row: 3x5@185

Didn’t quite let my arms straighten before I started pulling myself up, so I’m not counting what would have been a PR there. Still happy since I would’ve been able to match my actual PR without it too much trouble, and should be able to get this cleanly pretty soon. My last warm-up at 90 moved very well.

Judge for yourself ¯\(ツ)

6 Likes

TPWiaB W12D6: Squat

Work to 385x1 (PR)
Hamstring Curls: 3x5@160

This legit looks like a warm-up. Squat PR’s have been coming in steadily and I’m gonna ride the wave as far as it’ll take me.

9 Likes

congrats

1 Like

OH YEAH BABY indeed.

Nice work man

1 Like

@hustlinghat93 At some point I want to edit together all the stupid shit I scream when I PR into some compilation video lol

W12D7: Deload Bike + Deadlift

Deadlift: Work to 505x1 PR

Bike: Some

No 15-second hitching battle like 495 had. Also no bumper plates. I feel like a fucking TANK.

12 Likes

because you are

1 Like

Cannot be stopped!!!

2 Likes

the form is interesting but you got the job done.

1 Like

Good shit dude!

1 Like

@throwawayfitness @tlgains @heretolog
Thanks! 500 is a number I’ve had in mind for a while to beating it is awesome.

@simo74
Strapped hitching sumo is the best type of deadlift because it simultaneously manages to break the rules of every sport where the deadlift is contested.

TPWiaB W13D1: Bench

Bench: 5x180, 17x135 (FUB)
DE Press: 10x2@105
Pull-Ups: 15x5/5/5/5/5/5/5/3/5/4

Forgot that I was benching today and did 4 working sets of pressing before I remembered. This is a light week so it didn’t really make much of a difference, but I benched last since I was already warmed up to press and didn’t push the top set. Pull-ups mostly limited by the fact that I’m taking minimal rest to get through the ten rounds as quick as possible, could’ve definitely gotten all to reps if I took a minute or two. Still not a bad day by any means.

Two job interviews over the next week, one of which is for a pretty neat fellowship with my county’s executive. Solid resume boost if they’ll take me.

9 Likes

Indeed it does.

1 Like

W13D2: DE Lower Speedrun

DE Box Squat: 10x2@205
DE Pull: 10x1@295
Pull-Aparts: 20x13

Time: ~26:00

Really enjoy this day because I pretty much get to zone out. Squat, pull-apart, tally mark in notebook, repeat. Then same deal with the pulls.

8 Likes

TPWiaB W13D3: Cardio/Abs

Incline Walk: 40:00 @ 12% @ 3.5 MPH
T2B: 10/10/8

Probably going to alternate between this and biking for a while. Gonna take a session or two to work back up to an hour, and then maybe speed up.

@T3hPwnisher Finally finished Powerlifting Basics, Texas-Style, which is more of a testament to me being incredibly lazy for the past few weeks than the book being particularly long or difficult. Going to do a full write-up soon, but the main thing that stood out is that pretty much every anecdote of someone doing something wrong is a carbon copy of the stuff that happens time and time again on these forums and that I see and hear actually talking to people about training. We’re doomed to repeat our mistakes lol.

And very predictably, the chapter on cooking is making me miss my Alabama food. My partner’s a Texan import, so I’ll have to hear what input he has on the topic lol. The beans-in-chili debate is already a running joke between us.

8 Likes

I’m already a fan of your partner, haha. I bet they know REAL BBQ too. Glad you enjoyed the book dude! It was a joy to share it with you.

2 Likes

Ok swinging past to say a huge congrags to this log.
Your training is everything I wished I was smart enough to stick to at that age.
Keep killing it, following for my daily reminder I’m lazy.

3 Likes

@Deadliftnstill

Glad to have you reading dude!

1 Like