T Nation

Brody in Predators


http://io9.com/5564772/someone-somewhere-is-wearing-a-predator+skin-hat/gallery/1

That gallery has a money shot of Brody over a predator, with obligatory knife and mud. I’d like to say I’m decently satisfied with the weight he put on for the role. Granted, he’s an actor trying to bodybuild, not a bodybuilder trying to act, and he came a long way from his former physique.

The comments below it are interesting. As usual there’s someone spouting off about how easy it is to get ‘ripped’ and ‘jacked’ like that if you have 45 min - 1 hr a day, 4 days a week. Apparently P90X or crossfit will get you looking like BPIFC in no time.

A sad note from one of the comments, “…I don’t think humans are supposed to have their muscles built in that way, but I am just empathizing needlessly here.”

A bit off topic, but still related to predators:

How come in the first AVP movie, the predator’s claws got corroded by the acid, yet his spear (combi stick)
is acid proof?

Why are most of the weapons bladed weapons acid proof, yet the predator’s armor is not acid proof? Why can’t they make the armor the same material as his weapons?

[quote]rephore wrote:
A bit off topic, but still related to predators:

How come in the first AVP movie, the predator’s claws got corroded by the acid, yet his spear (combi stick)
is acid proof?

Why are most of the weapons bladed weapons acid proof, yet the predator’s armor is not acid proof? Why can’t they make the armor the same material as his weapons?[/quote]

Writer’s error. They either didn’t do research or they did it to make the battle longer.

From the AvP comic I read, they hunt Aliens in full battle armor that is acid resistant. Their blades were always acid resistant.

I’ll give him props. The guy’s a very good actor, and if offered a role such as this, not every thespian out there will make the necessary adjustments to at least appear believable in their character.

S

Not everyone wants to punch Adrian Brody in the face…but everyone that could possibly be interested in seeing a “Predator” movie does.

[quote]Nards wrote:
Not everyone wants to punch Adrian Brody in the face…but everyone that could possibly be interested in seeing a “Predator” movie does.[/quote]

Thank you. Someone like that wouldn’t even get a chance to stand over a predator with that look of defiance…you know…if this shit were “real”.

…and yes, this comment:

is damn near gag-worthy. I have to say, the weakness some people display lately does seem to get to me at times.

Anyone who think s muscles like he has is “inhuman” must be one fat sad piece of shit in real life.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Not everyone wants to punch Adrian Brody in the face…but everyone that could possibly be interested in seeing a “Predator” movie does.[/quote]

Thank you. Someone like that wouldn’t even get a chance to stand over a predator with that look of defiance…you know…if this shit were “real”.[/quote]

No human could.

Unless they’ve got a shank in their hand.

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Not everyone wants to punch Adrian Brody in the face…but everyone that could possibly be interested in seeing a “Predator” movie does.[/quote]

Thank you. Someone like that wouldn’t even get a chance to stand over a predator with that look of defiance…you know…if this shit were “real”.[/quote]

No human could.

Unless they’ve got a shank in their hand.[/quote]

I don’t know…maybe someone Like Ronnie Coleman or Marius could get one shot in before they spent the next 4 days skinning them.

6’2 240lbs Arnold can’t take on the 7 foot Predator, he had to outsmart him and use weapons.

I’m pretty sure 6’2 180lbs Adrian will have the same problem against the 6’2 Super Predator and the 7 foot normal Predator. Trickery, smarts, and skill will win the day.

And plus a whole bunch of black guys to take the Plasma Cannon shots for the protagonists.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
6’2 240lbs Arnold can’t take on the 7 foot Predator, he had to outsmart him and use weapons.

I’m pretty sure 6’2 180lbs Adrian will have the same problem against the 6’2 Super Predator and the 7 foot normal Predator. Trickery, smarts, and skill will win the day.

And plus a whole bunch of black guys to take the Plasma Cannon shots for the protagonists. [/quote]

They should make them red shirt wearing black guys.

You know…to eliminate confusion.

We don’t want anyone thinking any of them will make it to the end of the movie.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
6’2 240lbs Arnold can’t take on the 7 foot Predator, he had to outsmart him and use weapons.

I’m pretty sure 6’2 180lbs Adrian will have the same problem against the 6’2 Super Predator and the 7 foot normal Predator. Trickery, smarts, and skill will win the day.

And plus a whole bunch of black guys to take the Plasma Cannon shots for the protagonists. [/quote]

They should make them red shirt wearing black guys.

You know…to eliminate confusion.

We don’t want anyone thinking any of them will make it to the end of the movie.[/quote]

I’d bet money that the black guy in this film will sacrifice his life so that the protagonists and the girls can get away:

“Forget me!! Get to the chopppa!!!”

R.I.P. Apollo Creed and Bill Duke. Darkest brothers to grace the silver screen who weren’t Wesley Snipes.

I almost forgot, Morpheus is in this bitch. He’ll get his arm chopped off while talking shit to the predator. Just like Action Jackson.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
6’2 240lbs Arnold can’t take on the 7 foot Predator, he had to outsmart him and use weapons.

I’m pretty sure 6’2 180lbs Adrian will have the same problem against the 6’2 Super Predator and the 7 foot normal Predator. Trickery, smarts, and skill will win the day.

And plus a whole bunch of black guys to take the Plasma Cannon shots for the protagonists. [/quote]

They should make them red shirt wearing black guys.

You know…to eliminate confusion.

We don’t want anyone thinking any of them will make it to the end of the movie.[/quote]

Haha!

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Not everyone wants to punch Adrian Brody in the face…but everyone that could possibly be interested in seeing a “Predator” movie does.[/quote]

Thank you. Someone like that wouldn’t even get a chance to stand over a predator with that look of defiance…you know…if this shit were “real”.[/quote]

-Spoiler -

In a tribute to the original, this is the part where the predator looks up at Brody and says:

“you’re one ugly motherfucker”…

He went from AIDSfag to normal guy.

Congrats on your new life.

From the trailers it seems this will be a Team Predator Beat down. They are on a planet with nothing but Predators.

I’m acutally looking foward to this.

As am I, Four60. I can’t wait till see the Yautja gut, skin, and make trophies out of the humans. I have a strong idea how it might end and who will live, but hopefully I’m wrong.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Not everyone wants to punch Adrian Brody in the face…but everyone that could possibly be interested in seeing a “Predator” movie does.[/quote]

Thank you. Someone like that wouldn’t even get a chance to stand over a predator with that look of defiance…you know…if this shit were “real”.[/quote]

-Spoiler -

In a tribute to the original, this is the part where the predator looks up at Brody and says:

“you’re one ugly motherfucker”…[/quote]

Ha! I’m stealing that!

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
As am I, Four60. I can’t wait till see the Yautja gut, skin, and make trophies out of the humans. I have a strong idea how it might end and who will live, but hopefully I’m wrong.[/quote]

If they REALLY want to make this a great movie. Everyone dies, except Predator. YES, everyone should bite the big one give a good fight but the Predator deserves to win 1.