Broderick Bunkley, Eagles DT

I like how he took the time to smile for his combine photo.

I can picture him in Philly’s next United Way commercial.

this reminds me of the “all powerlifters are fatties thread”.

that guy is probably the best example of what bulking can do in terms of muscle mass. this guy is along the samr lines, and im pretty sure he eats small animals at each meal

[quote]All2ez wrote:

that guy is probably the best example of what bulking can do in terms of muscle mass. this guy is along the samr lines, and im pretty sure he eats small animals at each meal[/quote]

Agreed. Great thread…and my sentiments haven’t changed at all since then.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=699538

[quote]Professor X wrote:
All2ez wrote:

that guy is probably the best example of what bulking can do in terms of muscle mass. this guy is along the samr lines, and im pretty sure he eats small animals at each meal

[/quote]

for whatever reason you were not the most liked person on that thread but it is obvious that what you were preaching draws the conclusion that bulking=mass ammounts of muscle.

i love bulking, nothing better that gaining every week and watching your strength go through the roof, rather than always trying to cut and never see any progress except maybe fat loss

[quote]All2ez wrote:
Professor X wrote:
All2ez wrote:

for whatever reason you were not the most liked person on that thread but it is obvious that what you were preaching draws the conclusion that bulking=mass ammounts of muscle.

i love bulking, nothing better that gaining every week and watching your strength go through the roof, rather than always trying to cut and never see and progress except maybe fat loss[/quote]

I was usually NOT the most liked person here because I was opposing what some of the authors were writing…just like the responses I was getting in that thread with Waterbury.

Either way, years later, I still have yet to see all of these mass monsters being built by taking it nice and slow or never going above 12% body fat.

If they are out there, please step forward.

never heard of this guy is he any good? He is obviously big guy but NFL is full of freaks.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Your avatar went to my high school. 'Cept back then she was a band nerd and didn’t have fake boobs.[/quote]

You should have hit it back then Swole :stuck_out_tongue: jk

Gerdy

That neck is awesome – it just screams power. Great for injury prevention too I bet.

You DO NOT get to that level without eating massively. The other someone posted in a thread that poliquin says anything over 10 percent is fat. I am glad anyone who has ever gotten big and stood out in a crowd did not read that.

[quote]Lowery38595 wrote:
You DO NOT get to that level without eating massively. The other someone posted in a thread that poliquin says anything over 10 percent is fat. I am glad anyone who has ever gotten big and stood out in a crowd did not read that. [/quote]

It only bothers me that some newbies believe it…when the truth is, you would have a REAL hard time finding anyone that big who did things that way.

I also don’t get why people believe shit like that when REALITY is showing something completely different.

Lowery38595 wrote:
You DO NOT get to that level without eating massively. The other someone posted in a thread that poliquin says anything over 10 percent is fat. I am glad anyone who has ever gotten big and stood out in a crowd did not read that.

It only bothers me that some newbies believe it…when the truth is, you would have a REAL hard time finding anyone that big who did things that way.

I also don’t get why people believe shit like that when REALITY is showing something completely different.[/quote]

Agreed.

No harm, no foul. I hereby decree that anyone under the height of 6’5" is a midget. I can afford to make some “other” labels that work to my advantage but they will be be better suited for another thread.
Labels are responsible for most of the nonsense on this planet. I can write a whole thread about it.

[quote]Lowery38595 wrote:
You DO NOT get to that level without eating massively. The other someone posted in a thread that poliquin says anything over 10 percent is fat. I am glad anyone who has ever gotten big and stood out in a crowd did not read that. [/quote]

[quote]shizen wrote:
never heard of this guy is he any good? He is obviously big guy but NFL is full of freaks. [/quote]

He was damn good in college. Loved watchin him play for the 'noles.

He was one of the 'Noles 4 defensive players to go in the first 15 picks in the '07 draft.

Lowery38595 wrote:

I also don’t get why people believe shit like that when REALITY is showing something completely different.[/quote]

Now to be fair, I havent read everything from Poliquin, but it’s remarks like Poliquins that scare people away from bodybuilding and reaching their FULL potential and it seriously makes me question their credability.

I mean seriously, everytime an author writes that people need to diet before they bulk, or if they have more than 10% body fat then they cant eat carbs, and oatmeal this and that increasing cortisol. I mean really…

It’s this overanalyzing that confuses the hell out of beginners and it seriously impedes their progress, and makes them waste years of time and effort.

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Lowery38595 wrote:

I also don’t get why people believe shit like that when REALITY is showing something completely different.

Now to be fair, I havent read everything from Poliquin, but it’s remarks like Poliquins that scare people away from bodybuilding and reaching their FULL potential and it seriously makes me question their credability. I mean seriously, everytime an author writes that people need to diet before they bulk, or if they have more than 10% body fat then they cant eat carbs, and oatmeal this and that increasing cortisol. I mean really…

It’s this overanalyzing that confuses the hell out of beginners and it seriously impedes their progress, and makes them waste years of time and effort.[/quote]

I haven’t read these comments on oatmeal…and I don’t want to. I know it must be hard to come up with article after article, but causing mass panic over minutia or downright giving out false info about allergies is just wrong.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
shizen wrote:
never heard of this guy is he any good? He is obviously big guy but NFL is full of freaks.

He was one of the 'Noles 4 defensive players to go in the first 15 picks in the '07 draft.[/quote]

I would put him up against my Jake Long anyday.

Sorry, wrong Jake Long. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Massive dude, but then again nearly every NFL front 7 player is, to some degree. The neck comments reminded me of the guy who I always thought had the biggest neck I’d ever seen: LB Takeo Spikes, back when he was with the Bengals. His neck literally IS wider than his head.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
GetSwole wrote:
shizen wrote:

He was one of the 'Noles 4 defensive players to go in the first 15 picks in the '07 draft.

I would put him up against my Jake Long anyday.[/quote]

you mean the Jake Long who was basically the butt of all defensive lineman’s highlight films during the NFL draft?

:slight_smile:

The attack on oatmeal was one of the most shocking volte-faces on this site. Oatmeal has been long worshipped (even Shugart likes his oatmeal, and he’s a carbophobe) in bodybuilding circles before most of you were born, hell even me. I am not well-read on nutritional allergies, so I’ll avoid discussing that.

Almost as shocking was the attack on “greens+” that even took Berardi by surprise. I guessed at that point that we were going to see a new innovation to challenge “greens+” and I was right.

(Don;t get me wrong, I think the Superfood is the best supplement they have come up with in the last few years, seriously. I’m thinking of asking the halfwit student who’s sheltering me and my family to purchase some of this stuff)

My suggestion is, take everything with a grain of salt and recognize/respect the fact that this is a business. If youve been eating oatmeal without trouble for several years and making progress, you’d have to be screwy to overhaul everything.

Ditto for milk, which has been described as low GI and low II by Berardi in an article (carbohydrate roundtable-II) and then marketed as low GI but high insulin response in a later article (that I’ll find).

jdrannin1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Lowery38595 wrote:

Now to be fair, I havent read everything from Poliquin, but it’s remarks like Poliquins that scare people away from bodybuilding and reaching their FULL potential and it seriously makes me question their credability. I mean seriously, everytime an author writes that people need to diet before they bulk, or if they have more than 10% body fat then they cant eat carbs, and oatmeal this and that increasing cortisol. I mean really…

It’s this overanalyzing that confuses the hell out of beginners and it seriously impedes their progress, and makes them waste years of time and effort.

I haven’t read these comments on oatmeal…and I don’t want to. I know it must be hard to come up with article after article, but causing mass panic over minutia or downright giving out false info about allergies is just wrong.[/quote]