Broccoli & Veggies Make You Fat

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Petermus wrote:
they’re saying it can make you bloated…which is bad lol

Great one-line summary.

Perfect for people with analog_kid’s attention span.[/quote]

Seriously.

Man invites us to join in laughing at an article for a stupid paragraph…people mention that the paragraph is, in fact, not that bad at all, and that the man actually misread it…man defends himself by saying the average Joe won’t read it correctly, either.

Excellent stuff.

Judging by most Americans eating habits, maybe now that they think Broccoli will make them fat, they will eat them more!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
eic wrote:
chillain wrote:
I’m with the _kid on this one.

The average (ignorant) reader will likely just skim those numbered “tips” and conclude that they’re just better off avoiding broccoli, brussel sprouts etc.

You can’t judge the quality (much less the accuracy) of advice based on the potential for misuse.

For real. But then, we are becoming a society that caters to the weakest and dumbest among us.

Can’t find an MRI machine that will house your 400lbs big ass so the doctor can tell what is wrong with you? Cool, the hospital will simply make the machines bigger (as well as the beds in many places). We don’t want anyone to have to drop a few pounds, do we?[/quote]

Sometimes they just take them to the zoo to get an MRI.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
Sometimes they just take them to the zoo to get an MRI.[/quote]

That would be OK if they’d let people in to watch the spectacle.

“provided by men’s health”

nuff said

[quote]chillain wrote:
The average (ignorant) reader will likely just skim those numbered “tips” and conclude that they’re just better off avoiding broccoli, brussel sprouts etc.
[/quote]

Doubtful. In fact, I think people would be even more inclined to read it because they would wonder why the author would put vegetables on such a list. His attention grabbing list draws you right into a paragraph that is pretty simple to read and understand.

Though I will agree if you have ADD it might skim right over your head.

[quote]LightsOutLuthor wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Bottom line, make sure you fart before you go to the beach and undress.

Well, that’s my means of propulsion TO the beach.[/quote]

You must eat a lot of broccoli.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
Sometimes they just take them to the zoo to get an MRI.

That would be OK if they’d let people in to watch the spectacle.[/quote]

LOL that would be a great weekend. Especially if it broke like during that episode of House.

[quote]LightsOutLuthor wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Bottom line, make sure you fart before you go to the beach and undress.

Well, that’s my means of propulsion TO the beach.[/quote]

So that’s what you’re doing in your avatar. Makes sense.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Great one-line summary.

Perfect for people with analog_kid’s attention span.

Wait… eating lots of food can make you bloated?[/quote]

Funny thing I bet there are a lot of people on this site who get bloated from a big meal and think they’re getting fat…and then they go on the V-Diet.

How could anyone misinterpret what they are saying? It actually states broccoli etc…is great for long term weight loss and healthy. Just Not to eat right before you hit the beach? Which is what it is; men’s health

[quote]TermInNate wrote:
Makavali wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Great one-line summary.

Wait… eating lots of food can make you bloated?

Funny thing I bet there are a lot of people on this site who get bloated from a big meal and think they’re getting fat…and then they go on the V Diet.[/quote]

truth.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
TermInNate wrote:
Makavali wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Great one-line summary.

Wait… eating lots of food can make you bloated?

Funny thing I bet there are a lot of people on this site who get bloated from a big meal and think they’re getting fat…and then they go on the V Diet.

sad truth.[/quote]

Fixed.