T Nation

Broccoli Recipes

I want to start incorporating broccoli into my diet, and I could some suggestions for good ways to cook it.

Thanks.

Steamed with spices and a good dose of olive oil,

Always a good one add melted cheese

Phill

[quote]tweaker wrote:
I want to start incorporating broccoli into my diet, and I could some suggestions for good ways to cook it.

Thanks.[/quote]

Make sure you check out this thread on Muscle With Attitude: “Recipes With Photos” http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopicMwa.do?id=1498939

If you don’t find any recipes for broccoli post your question there to Chef Lisa Marie and I’m sure she’ll have lots of suggestions for you.

One of my favorite recipes: works best with a mixture of brocolli and cauliflower but one or the other on its own will suffice.

• Take whatever quantity you desire of cauliflower/brocolli/combo (I always prefer fresh, but frozen should be ok).
  • Steam for 4-5 minutes so that it is cooked but retains a fair amount of crunch (remember, it continues to cook when you take it out the steamer)
  • Allow it to cool for a few minutes, so it is still fairly warm but not piping hot
  • Pour over a generous dosage of white balsamic vinegar, then put it in the fridge to cool all the way down
  • Once cold, sprinkle over some mixed seeds of your choice (I like sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds) as well as olive oil.
  • Enjoy

One half cup frozen broccoli, one half cup frozen blue/raspberries, one chopped green apple, one banana, if bulking or maintaining three scoops Metabolic Drive Complete, 16 oz fat free milk, if cutting/dieting, three scoops Metabolic Drive Low-Carb 16 oz. water. Blend and you have a delicious and healthy meal.

D