Brits Busted In Basra

Well this one doesn’t look too good, especially when there was already suspicion about some of the insurgent and car bomb attacks. The massive jail break didn’t help the cause either.

Iraqi police detain two British soldiers in Basra
BAGHDAD, Sept. 19 (Xinhuanet) – Iraqi police detained two British soldiers in civilian clothes in the southern city Basra for firing on a police station on Monday, police said.

“Two persons wearing Arab uniforms opened fire at a police station in Basra. A police patrol followed the attackers and captured them to discover they were two British soldiers,” an Interior Ministry source told Xinhua.

The two soldiers were using a civilian car packed with explosives, the source said.

He added that the two were being interrogated in the police headquarters of Basra.

The British forces informed the Iraqi authorities that the two soldiers were performing an official duty, the source said. British military authorities said they could not confirm the incident but investigations were underway.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-09/19/content_3514065.htm

‘Undercover’ Britons held after Basra shootings
AP
19 September 2005
British forces and demonstrators exchanged gunfire in the southern city of Basra today after two British men were arrested for allegedly shooting at local security forces, killing one policeman and wounding another.
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article313705.ece

The day that Iraqi anger exploded in the face of the British occupiers
20 September 2005
The dramatic events began to unfold just before dawn yesterday, when two British nationals were detained by Iraqi authorities. It emerged later that they were British soldiers. Dressed in plain clothes - according to some they were wearing traditional Arab dress - the two men had been driving in an unmarked car when they arrived at a checkpoint in the city.

… just before midday, a solution of sorts appeared to have been found. Reports coming out of Basra described how up to ten British tanks, possibly Challenger 2 Main Battle Tanks, possibly Warrior Infantry Fighting Vehicles, had stormed the jail where the two men were being held.

Witnesses said that they had smashed down a wall to gain entry. The operation was said to be backed up by helicopters. The witnesses said that up to 150 prisoners took the opportunity to escape through the wall in the confusion.

The British military action was condemned as “barbaric, savage and irresponsible” by Mohammed al-Waili, the governor of the province. “A British force of more than 10 tanks backed by helicopters attacked the central jail and destroyed it. This is an irresponsible act,” the governor said.
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article313848.ece

British Soldiers Free Two from Basra Jail
The Associated Press
19 September 2005
Basra, Iraq - In a major show of force, British soldiers used tanks to break down the walls of the central jail in this southern city late Monday and freed two Britons, allegedly undercover commandos, who had been arrested on charges of shooting two Iraqi policemen.
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/091905R.shtml

WTF!!!

This was an article in Al Jazeera last week listed under the “conspiracy theory” category.

The occupation forces are the real perpetrators of bomb attacks in Iraq?
9/14/2005
Iran’s top military commander accused the United States and Israel of planning the non-stop bomb attacks that killed thousands of civilians in Iraq.

Brigadier General Mohammad-Baqer Zolqadr, the deputy commander of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), told a gathering of senior officials, that the U.S. needs those attacks to justify the continuation of its military presence in Iraq.

“The Americans blame weak and feeble groups in Iraq for insecurity in this country. We do not believe this and we have information that the insecurity has its roots in the activities of American and Israeli spies,” Zolqadr said.

“Insecurity in Iraq is a deeply-rooted phenomenon. The root of insecurity in Iraq lies in the occupation of this country by foreigners”.

“If Iraq is to become secure, there will be no room for the occupiers”.

Zolqadr also said that the U.S. forces pursue “important and strategic goals in their continuing occupation of Iraq”.

The U.S. wanted to remain in Iraq to “plunder the country’s wealth, bring the Middle East under its control, and create security for Israel, which is on the verge of annihilation”.

Zolqadr, moreover, noted that dozens of new U.S. military are being built in Iraq “for this reason they are constantly creating insecurity”.

The U.S.-occupation authority has repeatedly claimed that the Iraqi security forces are not ready yet to protect the country against rebel attacks, with the aim of defending the continued heavy presence of U.S. troops there even after an Iraqi government was elected.
http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/conspiracy_theory/fullstory.asp?id=257

If this is truly happening according to these stories, then we are all fucked. Do we really live in a Fascist country, imposing its will on others? That’s hard to accept. Wow!

here it is from CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/09/20/iraq.basra/index.html

Busted.

Hmmm thats funny I don’t see the usual crew of sleepers pointing out that you are a kook and that you should get a tin foil hat. Maybe cause Bush wasn’t mentioned they kept out of it.

It’s odd that the British haven’t tried to explain what the two Marines were doing when captured.

Maybe because they were busting out two undercover guys.

But let’s all put on our foil hats and make up a bunch of conspiracy thoery shit.

Honestly - you guys need your own rubber room.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
British forces in Iraq are patrolling a tense city after UK armored vehicles crashed into a detention center in Basra and later rescued two undercover troops apparently held by Shiite militia.

But let’s all put on our foil hats and make up a bunch of conspiracy thoery shit.

Honestly - you guys need your own rubber room.[/quote]

Whew! There we go, I knew that wouldn’t take too long.

It is true that the Brits busted were doing something undercover. I wish I knew what it was.

I don’t believe they are targeting Shiites to stir them up against the Sunnis.

al-Zarquawi has been claiming credit for targeting the Shiites.

JTF and Al Jazerra’s theories make no sense at all. As usual.

I’m guessing the easiest way to get inside a terrorist organization, for the purpose of gathering intelligence, is to be a terrorist.

Talk about irony.

from the above-referenced cnn article:

“UK armored vehicles crashed into a detention center in Basra and later rescued two undercover troops apparently held by Shiite militia.”

“The official said two unknown gunmen in full Arabic dress began firing on civilians in central Basra, wounding several, including a traffic police officer.”

“The two gunmen fled the scene but were captured and taken in for questioning, admitting they were British Marines carrying out a “special security task,””

oh, i see

they were firing on civilians and iraqi police because it was a “special security task” that no one can talk about

well, that all makes sense then. i know i’m satisfied. glad everything’s in order.

and then people wonder why “conspiracy theories” are gaining credence

i find it strange how no news outlet (to my knowledge) has suggested that maybe the civilians were insurgents, or at least SOMETHING to justify firing on them

[quote]Dr_Feelgood wrote:
from the above-referenced cnn article:

“UK armored vehicles crashed into a detention center in Basra and later rescued two undercover troops apparently held by Shiite militia.”

“The official said two unknown gunmen in full Arabic dress began firing on civilians in central Basra, wounding several, including a traffic police officer.”

“The two gunmen fled the scene but were captured and taken in for questioning, admitting they were British Marines carrying out a “special security task,””

oh, i see

they were firing on civilians and iraqi police because it was a “special security task” that no one can talk about

well, that all makes sense then. i know i’m satisfied. glad everything’s in order.

and then people wonder why “conspiracy theories” are gaining credence

i find it strange how no news outlet (to my knowledge) has suggested that maybe the civilians were insurgents, or at least SOMETHING to justify firing on them

[/quote]

They are busy coming up with a good coverup. Give it some more time.

This was an article in Al Jazeera last week listed under the “conspiracy theory” category.

If you believe anything AL-Jazzera has to say, you really need to smarten up. That is like listening to terrorists for their side of the story, what do you expect to hear? Do you think they are going to praise America?? The terrorists want to see all americans dead so the lefties decide to sit in peace and wait for shit to happen. Maybe I should ask you who I should vote for too, and I should believe what you say even if you are anti-Bush.

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe AL-Jazzera thought it would be good to plot a story to make it look like America and Britain are doing all the bombings in Iraq. Yeah I am sure thats whats really happening, quite a story and along with them killing innocent people without a reason. Next time try to find a better source.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
British forces in Iraq are patrolling a tense city after UK armored vehicles crashed into a detention center in Basra and later rescued two undercover troops apparently held by Shiite militia.

Honestly - you guys need your own rubber room.[/quote]

Oh, did I say Brits busted posing as potential terrorists? I meant, look at all those schools we’ve built. Thank God “the insurgency is in it final throes.”

Any word yet on when the statue of Bush in the center of Baghdad will be completed?

As we all know the Iraq reconstruction is self-financed so I’m not sure what this is about?
U.S. Govt seeks donations for Iraq Reconstruction
Contributors have no way of knowing who’s getting the money or precisely where it’s headed because the government says it must keep the details secret for security reasons.

Remember when you make out that check, it’s Halliburton, with two L’s.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
JTF and Al Jazerra’s theories make no sense at all. As usual.[/quote]

Of course it makes no sense to YOU - you think we went there to find WMD’s… whoops… I mean, liberate the Iraqi people.

[quote]mike08042 wrote:

If you believe anything AL-Jazzera has to say, you really need to smarten up. That is like listening to terrorists for their side of the story, what do you expect to hear? Do you think they are going to praise America?? The terrorists want to see all americans dead so the lefties decide to sit in peace and wait for shit to happen. Maybe I should ask you who I should vote for too, and I should believe what you say even if you are anti-Bush.

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe AL-Jazzera thought it would be good to plot a story to make it look like America and Britain are doing all the bombings in Iraq. Yeah I am sure thats whats really happening, quite a story and along with them killing innocent people without a reason. Next time try to find a better source.
[/quote]

You mean like a source that says nobody could have imagined hijackers flying planes into buildings or we’re going to get bin Laden or there was a link between Iraq and alQeada or we’ll find WMD’s in Iraq or the war will only last 6 months and be self-financed from Iraq oil revenues or the insurgency is in it’s final throes – that kind of “better source”?

Thanks for that advice - BTW, my new “reliable” sources say Lucy’s finally gonna let Charlie Brown kick the football this year.

It doesn’t work very well when we set up a country and give it new laws and a constitution and then one of the occupying forces that enables it to be a sovereign country breaks its sovereignty and gets its troops out. Still , i would do it for my guys.

[quote]JustTheFacts wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
JTF and Al Jazerra’s theories make no sense at all. As usual.

Of course it makes no sense to YOU - you think we went there to find WMD’s… whoops… I mean, liberate the Iraqi people.[/quote]

Wrong again. We went there as an ambitous plan to remake the middle east. That is what the war on terror is all about. The WMD was just an excuse.

Since al Zarquawi was been taking credit for the attacks on the Iraqi civilians does that mean he is on our side?

Are we fighting ourselves? Are the Illuminati manipulating us?

It is likely that the Brits were going after Iraqi policemen they suspected aiding the insurgency and they messed up.