British Jewry Tried to Stop Zionism

By Henry Makow Ph.D.
March 11, 2006

When the British Cabinet issued the Balfour Declaration in 1917, it was over the strenuous objections of its only Jewish member, Edwin Montagu. But non-Jews, including many anti-Semites, tipped the scales. They saw Zionism as a way to advance British imperialism and the Masonic “New World Order.”

Montagu, who was the Secretary of State for India, told Prime Minister Lloyd George. “All my life I have been trying to get out of the ghetto. You want to force me back there.”

An assimilated Jew, Montagu regarded Judaism as a religion , and viewed Zionism as a “mischievous political creed, untenable by any patriotic citizen of the United Kingdom.”

His story teaches us that the New World Order is an elite conspiracy led by specific members of certain Jewish and non-Jewish dynastic families who often intermarried. It is not “Jewish” in terms of the Jewish people as a whole, who historically prefer assimilation.

In May 1917, a committee representing the leading Jewish organizations published a statement in the London Times saying: “Emancipated Jews… have no separate political aspirations…the establishment of a Jewish nationality in Palestine founded on [the] theory of a Jewish homelessness, must have the effect of stamping the Jews as strangers in their native lands.” (Cousinhood, p.260)

The Balfour Declaration promised Jews a “national home” in Palestine. Partly, it was payment to Zionists for getting the USA into WWI on Britain’s side. Zionist president Chaim Weismann fumed that Jewish opposition was the main stumbling block to consummating the deal.

The Jewish community was split. The Samuels and the Rothschilds favored the Balfour Declaration; Cohen, Magnus, Mountefiore and Montagu were against it.

“If it had been merely an issue between Zionist and non-Zionist factions within the community, there is little question that the latter would have won,” writes Chaim Bermant in “The Cousinhood.” “But there were the gentile Zionists to consider and they carried the day.” (262)

These gentiles included Arthur Balfour, Lord Milner, Lord Lothian (Phillip Kerr) and Lord Robert Cecil. Chaim Weismann recognized that Zionism is part of a much larger game: “To [Cecil], the re-establishment of a Jewish Homeland in Palestine and the organization of the world in a great federation were complementary features in the next step in the management of human affairs…” (Reed, Controversy of Zion, p. 249.)

Georgetown University professor Caroll Quigley lists about 100 participants in this world government conspiracy in the Appendix of, “The Anglo American Establishment” (1981) They include the above names and Cecil Rhodes, Lionel Curtis, Wiliam T. Stead, Geoffrey Dawson and Earl Grey. I recognized only three Jews: Nathan Rothschild, Leopold Amery and Alfred Beit.

Quigley relates how a group of aristocratic families centered on the Cecils has dominated British politics for centuries. They spawned the secret society organized by Cecil Rhodes and Nathan Rothschild in 1891, which Rhodes called “a church for the extension of the British Empire.” (34) Known as “The Round Table” and the “Milner group,” its goal was world domination by the British elite and the recolonization of the US.

The “church” was Freemasonry. The politicians that backed Zionism were
all high-ranking Masons. Some were probably Illuminati. “World
government” is dedicated to enthroning Lucifer as God of this world.
Zionism and Communism are Masonic organizations dedicated to this agenda.

A HERO FOR ASSIMILATED JEWS

Edwin Montagu, the second son of the silver bullion dealer Samuel Montagu, was caught between his father’s Orthodox Judaism and desire to be an Englishman. He rejected Judaism but was not about to abandon his Jewish identity. “I will always be a good Jew according to my lights,” he wrote his father, “my definition differing from yours.”

As a youth he chafed at having to observe the rituals and marry a Jewish girl. As an adult, he embraced the lifestyle of a highborn Englishman. On his country estate, he hunted and was a naturalist and ornithologist . “There was something… alien in the very depth of his affection for England,” Bermant remarks. (259)

A tall nerdy-looking man who wore a monocle, Montagu suffered the gibes of friends and enemies in silence. His “ugliness was obliterated by his charms,” wrote his friend Duff Cooper.“He had a huge ungainly body, a deep soft voice and dark eyes that sparkled with kindliness.” (253)

An able debater at Cambridge, Montagu caught the attention of H.H. Asquith, the President of the rival Oxford Union. He followed Asquith into politics and after the Liberal landslide of 1906 became his private secretary. An intelligent and persuasive speaker, Montagu seemed destined for great things.

Asquith became Prime Minister in 1908. He and Montagu were both infatuated with Venetia Stanley a friend of Asquith’s daughter, and 35 years Asquith’s junior. When the Prime Minister’s attentions became too much, Venetia married Montagu who was eight years her senior.

Like Montagu’s love for England, his love for Venetia was unrequited. She had many affairs and burned through his fortune. But he ignored this and, on the eve of his premature death at age 45, wrote to her, “I am miserable at going. You have made me very happy and I hope you will be happy always.” (267)

ON ZIONISM

In 1917, Montagu fought the Balfour Declaration in cabinet and circulated a document accusing the government of anti-Semitism for making all British Jews “aliens and foreigners.” He said he would “willingly disenfranchise every Zionist [and was tempted to] proscribe the Zionist organization as illegal and against the national interest.”

Of course he was right. But despite being a banker’s son, he wasn’t aware of the Masonic/Zionist plan for world government. They dedicated 1.2 million troops to securing Palestine, almost losing the European War as a consequence. They had to replace Asquith and the Army Chief-of-Staff Gen. William Robertson to get it done.

Montagu was one of those rare Jews who tried to understand the reasons for anti- Semitism instead of blaming “irrational hate.”

"I have always recognised the unpopularity…of my community. We have obtained a far greater share of this country’s goods and opportunities than we are numerically entitled to. We reach on the whole maturity earlier, and therefore with people of our own age we compete unfairly. Many of us have been exclusive in our friendships and intolerant in our attitude, and I can easily understand that many a non-Jew in England wants to get rid of us.

But just as there is no community of thought and mode of life among Christian Englishmen, so there is not among Jewish Englishmen. More and more we are educated in public schools and at the Universities, and take our part in the politics, in the Army, in the Civil Service, of our country. And I am glad to think that the prejudices against inter-marriage are breaking down. But when the Jew has a national home, surely it follows that the impetus to deprive us of the rights of British citizenship must be enormously increased. Palestine will become the world’s Ghetto."

Montagu was probably responsible for inserting the provision in the Balfour Declaration that said: “Nothing shall be done that may prejudice the civil and religious rights of the existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.”

FINALLY

Jews are taught that they are scapegoats but they don’t learn it is the world government cabal that is using them. By way of Zionist, Communist, Liberal, Feminist or Neo Con organizations, it dupes many Jews into advancing policies and beliefs that undercut the four pillars of human identity and social cohesion: race, religion, nation and family. This gives the appearance Jews in general are responsible for the New World Order.

It doesn’t help that many Jews ignorantly deny this conspiracy exists and cry “anti-Semitism” every time a banker is criticized. It doesn’t help that many have been conned into thinking they need Israel. In fact Israelis are being used to secure the Middle East for the Masonic British elite. The new Israeli Supreme Court building, funded and designed by Rothschilds, is replete
with Masonic symbolism.

Some of the Rothschilds and their Jewish allies are part of this satanic conspiracy. But most Jews put their countries first, and would want no part of world government. Edwin Montagu, a gentle, sincere civilized man, is an example of such a Jew and an inspiration to us all.

Some websites on which this article was posted:

http://www.rense.com/
(nice ads for ESP pills!)

http://www.red-ice.net/
(nice article on Paranormal Happenings During Pregnancy)

(note article on Playboy and the (Homo) Sexual Revolution)

Which site did you copy and paste from?

This should be a test for ESP, if you have to take the pills to find out if they work, there’s no way in hell you have ESP!

I’ve read some of Makow’s ravings and that is one whacked-out mfcker!!

Keep in mind while reading this, that Albert Einstein and the undersigned were themselves Jewish.

Letter Albert Einstein Sent to the New York Times, 1948

Letters to the Editor
New York Times
December 4, 1948

TO THE EDITORS OF THE NEW YORK TIMES:

Among the most disturbing political phenomena of our times is the emergence in the newly created state of Israel of the “Freedom Party” (Tnuat Haherut), a political party closely akin in its organization, methods, political philosophy and social appeal to the Nazi and Fascist parties. It was formed out of the membership and following of the former Irgun Zvai Leumi, a terrorist, right-wing, chauvinist organization in Palestine.

The current visit of Menachem Begin, leader of this party, to the United States is obviously calculated to give the impression of American support for his party in the coming Israeli elections, and to cement political ties with conservative Zionist elements in the United States. Several Americans of national repute have lent their names to welcome his visit. It is inconceivable that those who oppose fascism throughout the world, if correctly informed as to Mr. Begin’s political record and perspectives, could add their names and support to the movement he represents.

Before irreparable damage is done by way of financial contributions, public manifestations in Begin’s behalf, and the creation in Palestine of the impression that a large segment of America supports Fascist elements in Israel, the American public must be informed as to the record and objectives of Mr. Begin and his movement. The public avowals of Begin’s party are no guide whatever to its actual character. Today they speak of freedom, democracy and anti-imperialism, whereas until recently they openly preached the doctrine of the Fascist state. It is in its actions that the terrorist party betrays its real character; from its past actions we can judge what it may be expected to do in the future.

Attack on Arab Village

A shocking example was their behavior in the Arab village of Deir Yassin. This village, off the main roads and surrounded by Jewish lands, had taken no part in the war, and had even fought off Arab bands who wanted to use the village as their base. On April 9 (THE NEW YORK TIMES), terrorist bands attacked this peaceful village, which was not a military objective in the fighting, killed most of its inhabitants ? 240men, women, and children - and kept a few of them alive to parade as captives through the streets of Jerusalem. Most of the Jewish community was horrified at the deed, and the Jewish Agency sent a telegram of apology to King Abdullah of Trans-Jordan. But the terrorists, far from being ashamed of their act, were proud of this massacre, publicized it widely, and invited all the foreign correspondents present in the country to view the heaped corpses and the general havoc at Deir Yassin. The Deir Yassin incident exemplifies the character and actions of the Freedom Party.

Within the Jewish community they have preached an admixture of ultranationalism, religious mysticism, and racial superiority. Like other Fascist parties they have been used to break strikes, and have themselves pressed for the destruction of free trade unions. In their stead they have proposed corporate unions on the Italian Fascist model. During the last years of sporadic anti-British violence, the IZL and Stern groups inaugurated a reign of terror in the Palestine Jewish community. Teachers were beaten up for speaking against them, adults were shot for not letting their children join them. By gangster methods, beatings, window-smashing, and wide-spread robberies, the terrorists intimidated the population and exacted a heavy tribute.

The people of the Freedom Party have had no part in the constructive achievements in Palestine. They have reclaimed no land, built no settlements, and only detracted from the Jewish defense activity. Their much-publicized immigration endeavors were minute, and devoted mainly to bringing in Fascist compatriots.

Discrepancies Seen

The discrepancies between the bold claims now being made by Begin and his party, and their record of past performance in Palestine bear the imprint of no ordinary political party. This is the unmistakable stamp of a Fascist party for whom terrorism (against Jews, Arabs, and British alike), and misrepresentation are means, and a “Leader State” is the goal.

In the light of the foregoing considerations, it is imperative that the truth about Mr. Begin and his movement be made known in this country. It is all the more tragic that the top leadership of American Zionism has refused to campaign against Begin’s efforts, or even to expose to its own constituents the dangers to Israel from support to Begin.

The undersigned therefore take this means of publicly presenting a few salient facts concerning Begin and his party; and of urging all concerned not to support this latest manifestation of fascism.

ISIDORE ABRAMOWITZ
HANNAH ARENDT
ABRAHAM BRICK
RABBI JESSURUN CARDOZO
ALBERT EINSTEIN
HERMAN EISEN, M.D.
HAYIM FINEMAN
M. GALLEN, M.D.
H.H. HARRIS
ZELIG S. HARRIS
SIDNEY HOOK
FRED KARUSH
BRURIA KAUFMAN
IRMA L. LINDHEIM
NACHMAN MAISEL
SEYMOUR MELMAN
MYER D. MENDELSON
M.D., HARRY M. OSLINSKY
SAMUEL PITLICK
FRITZ ROHRLICH
LOUIS P. ROCKER
RUTH SAGIS
ITZHAK SANKOWSKY
I.J. SHOENBERG
SAMUEL SHUMAN
M. SINGER
IRMA WOLFE
STEFAN WOLF.

New York, Dec. 2, 1948

Israel’s policies are feeding the cancer of anti-semitism
It is a lie that to reject Zionism as it is practised today is to be the inheritor of Hitler’s racism
The Guardian
February 20, 2006
“If the Christian in me has good reason to be ashamed, so now does the Jew in me. I passionately believe that Israel has the right, and its people have the right, to live in peace and in secure borders. But I know too that modern Israel was born in terror and made possible in its present Zionist form by killing and a measure of ethnic cleansing. That is history. Tell me of a nation with an innocent history. But the Zionism at the heart of Israeli politics is about the present and the future. It makes me fear for the soul of Israel today and the survival of its children tomorrow.”

~ Admiral Thomas Moorer, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Vietnam War

[quote]doogie wrote:
Some websites on which this article was posted:

http://www.rense.com/
(nice ads for ESP pills!)

http://www.red-ice.net/
(nice article on Paranormal Happenings During Pregnancy)

(note article on Playboy and the (Homo) Sexual Revolution)

Which site did you copy and paste from?[/quote]

Dr. Makow’s own site.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I’ve read some of Makow’s ravings and that is one whacked-out mfcker!![/quote]

People thought the same of Einstein, not to compare Makow w/ Einstein.

While the whole New World Order thing is a bit touchy and difficult to defend(I don’t know whether to believe it or not at this stage) I think the issue with the creation of Israel is very clear and easy to understand.

While I sympathise with all who suffered in WWII and the victims of genocide, I am quick to question the integrity and intention behind the creation of Israel. I believe that many do not even consider questioning it because the suffering of the Jews weighs heavily on their concscience(as suffering should) and the act of giving them a home as a result seems noble and dutiful.

However, there are many things which seem to pass unnoticed by many which beg the questions: Was it really such a good idea? Were the intentions really as pure and wholesome as once thought?

Firstly, imagine the reaction if the entire State of California or the State of Virginia was given back to the Native Americans, and all the Non-Natives were kicked out of there homes. While I sympathise with the Native Americans as well, and the genocide of the Native American people by the European settlers weighs extremely heavily on my concscience, I believe my analogy is unbiased and suitable to illustrate my point.

My point is the people who were kicked out would be rightfully upset. If we were to make the amount of land that was given to Israel proportional to the land given to the Native Americans in my analogy it would initially be roughly two thirds of the American land given back.

So I ask, how can people who have never even set foot on a certain portion of land have the right to decide who lives there and who does not? Give a group of refugees the homes of people who will in turn become the refugees themselves? (Self-defeating?)

Einstein and many other highly respected Jews protested, yet no one heeded their message? Einstein was a genius and also a victim of the atrocities that the Jews suffered, and yet his opinion on the matter does not stand?

Accounts of the Jewish settlers arriving by boats to Israel have shown that the native Jews actually protested their arrival.

As a result of the creation of Israel there are currently 3.97 Million Palestinian Refugees registered with the UN and an estimated 1.5 Million who are not.

How can a group of people, who consider themselves refugees, long suffering at the hands of descrimination and genocide, justify trading places with the Palestinians and actually enforcing treating them with the same treatment that they try to escape? (Mind you, I am not saying that all Jews try to justify this, only Zionists.)

It is clear to me that the creation of the State of Israel was an extremely poor idea which manifested horrific consequences which could easily have been predicted with minute foresight. This is what makes you wonder what could possibly have been the intentions of the people responsible? If what I believe is the naive assumption of “doing good” was their intention, it is safe to say that it certainly blew up in their face and fucked up the whole world.

Those of you who are uncertain, or discredit the N.W.O. what do you believe?