Bringing Up My Bench

Right now i am stuck in a rut…i can cleanly bench 315 for 2 reps…i am trying to raise the reps just cant seem to do it…i have tried floor preses, close grip, and even dumbells

SMOLOV Jnr = win

Upper back work? Strong lats? How stong is your military press?

military not too strong 175x3

were do you fail in the bench lock out? off your chest?

lockout i have tried benching with pins also…i think i just need to bring u my overhead press it sucks literally

I bet if you go back to 225 for reps and build up to 315 again in 6-8 weeks, you’ll get 3 or 4.

whatta u think about my overhead press any suggestions?

[quote]Brotha123 wrote:
whatta u think about my overhead press any suggestions?[/quote]

yeah, when over head press goes up so does bench press.

anythin to build that up or just eat and lift hard

[quote]Brotha123 wrote:
just eat and lift hard[/quote]

do that

5/3/1

[quote]Brotha123 wrote:
lockout i have tried benching with pins also…i think i just need to bring u my overhead press it sucks literally[/quote]

Yeah, OH presses will help and are good to do regardless of your bench performance. Since you seem to be strong off the chest and fail at lock out maybe add in some board presses (4 or 5 board) to bring up your tricep strength. Obviously, the amount of weight you’ll be able to use will be limited to your tricep strength but it will be more than what you can get off your chest. Handling this heavier weight will be a good confidence builder as well because when you go back to the chest with 315 it will feel light.
How is your speed? You may be unintentionally slowing as you get to lockout. This is quite common. If you have access to chains you may try benching with them. They’ll teach you to push hard to lock out and prevent these sticking points. Good luck and keep us posted.