Bringing Up Lagging Bodyparts while Cutting?

Is it possible to bring up lagging bodyparts while on a 500-700cal deficit?

Have any of you done it?

I want to bring up my bi’s, chest, and side delts. They haven’t been getting hit hard because I hopped on the “all you need is compound movements to work your arms” bandwagon when I started lifting and I’m tired of it.

Weak chest and side delts:
[photo]26870[/photo]

[photo]26888[/photo]

Weak Bis
[photo]26869[/photo]

I’m also looking for an article to get the tear drop shape on the quads, I think I read it on here a long time ago but cant remember from which author. The outer quad is way smalelr than my inner quad due to my wide stance squatting.

No outer Quad tear drop shape
[photo]26880[/photo]

I just got done with Defrancos’ Built Like A Badass routine, and switched over to my own Push/Pull routine a few days ago.

Stats:
height: 5’9
weight: 215lb planning on getting down to ~190lb at single didgit BF% by Summer

Bench: 1x275
Squat: 3x365 (ATG)
Front Squat : 3x315 (ATG)
DL: 1x475
Clean + Press: 1x225

Diet: (Carb cycling)

High C Days - Training days
more starches
p/f/c/cals
220/30/260
880/270/1040/2190

Low C Days - OFF days
no starches
p/f/c/cals
220/60/180
880/540/720/2140

My Cutting Log:

Thanks in advance

I don’t see much in the way of lagging body parts… your chest/shoulders and biceps are in line with what a guy your size should be. Those three body parts in particular will look better as you lean down.

To get to 10% bodyfat I think your weight goal is a little unrealistic, go by the mirror and or pictures and get into the condition you want. Build back up from there.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
I don’t see much in the way of lagging body parts… your chest/shoulders and biceps are in line with what a guy your size should be. Those three body parts in particular will look better as you lean down.

To get to 10% bodyfat I think your weight goal is a little unrealistic, go by the mirror and or pictures and get into the condition you want. Build back up from there. [/quote]

I was just guestimating what my weight would be at that BF% it might be higher or lower I got no clue, but you’re right, mirror>scale when it comes to body composition

Your chest, shoulders, and bi’s aren’t that far behind the rest of your body IMO.

And wanting to improve 4 body parts (Including the teardrop here) in a hypocaloric state is asking for too much. It’s hard enough to build any muscle when cutting at 500-700, and a common motif of many specialization programs is the high caloric intake / frequency on a muscle group.

Choose one of your goals (and body parts) and go with that first.

As for experience, I managed to get some muscle on my back during a 300 deficit cut. I am a 19 year old teenager, so hormones may have had a little to do with it. (And by little, almost a pound total)

Don’t count on it. just hit 'em hard when you start gaining again.

I guess the only thing I can do is hittem hard and hope for the best, thanks for the replies.