T Nation

Bringing T Levels Down After Cycle for Bloodwork

This question is for anyone who knows about cycling test while on TRT. I’m upping my dose of test cyp. for an 8 week cycle of 400 mg a week. My TRT dose is 200 mg split in half 2 times a week. I want my level to be back in the normal TRT range for my blood test which is in 4 months.

To do this, would I have to stop taking test altogether for a few weeks after my cycle so my levels would drop down? How long after my cycle do I wait to start my trt dose again? I’ll basically have 2 full months after my cycle to get back to where I should be for the blood work. I’m just asking if someone knows the most efficient way to drop my levels in this amount of time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I’m not on TRT but I believe after your last pin on your blast you would wait 2 weeks before resuming your TRT dose.

[quote]BUDs wrote:
I’m not on TRT but I believe after your last pin on your blast you would wait 2 weeks before resuming your TRT dose.[/quote]

Why would you wait 2 weeks…pretty sure u just pin ur TRT dose after your last blast pin w/o stopping in between

[quote]fluent_c wrote:
This question is for anyone who knows about cycling test while on TRT. I’m upping my dose of test cyp. for an 8 week cycle of 400 mg a week. My TRT dose is 200 mg split in half 2 times a week. I want my level to be back in the normal TRT range for my blood test which is in 4 months.
[/quote]

The month before your appointment take your regular 200mg per week maybe lower dose to 100-125mg seven days prior to appointment.

Not sure, there are alot of different views on how this can be done. Anyone ever try this with any luck? You would think that the body would return back to normal fairly quickly, so one might just return to regular trt, yet I’ve been reading posts from people who stopped everything 5 weeks before a test and were slightly high. I’ve been waiting for like 3 years to do this, its happening.

[quote]Cron391 wrote:

[quote]BUDs wrote:
I’m not on TRT but I believe after your last pin on your blast you would wait 2 weeks before resuming your TRT dose.[/quote]

Why would you wait 2 weeks…pretty sure u just pin ur TRT dose after your last blast pin w/o stopping in between[/quote]

You could, waiting will allow the blood levels to drop quicker and return to normal faster.

I think the two week lay off sounds like it might work. Anyone got any experience with this?

If you want to crash your t-levels before seeing the doc here is what I use for my clients looking to get on TRT or their trying to get their dosage upped. This is a little outside the norm but it generally works every time.

Stop taking injections 4 weeks before.
last 7 days before cut caloric intake by half, little to no fats or carbs just proteins.
last 7 days before drink 6 beers each night
last 7 days before get as little sleep as possible(4 hours max)
last 7 days before train 2 times a day weights and another 1 hour of cardio to raise cortisol levels.
Last 24 hours fast, but drink 3 beers or a couple shots before appt and take some breath mints.

                      OR

Take a couple deca shots if you dont mind a real crash.

Now the first method only last a week so your loss of gains should be minimal. I know its not perfect but it will bottom your free test levels out.

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
If you want to crash your t-levels before seeing the doc here is what I use for my clients looking to get on TRT or their trying to get their dosage upped. This is a little outside the norm but it generally works every time.

Stop taking injections 4 weeks before.
last 7 days before cut caloric intake by half, little to no fats or carbs just proteins.
last 7 days before drink 6 beers each night
last 7 days before get as little sleep as possible(4 hours max)
last 7 days before train 2 times a day weights and another 1 hour of cardio to raise cortisol levels.
Last 24 hours fast, but drink 3 beers or a couple shots before appt and take some breath mints.

                      OR

Take a couple deca shots if you dont mind a real crash.

Now the first method only last a week so your loss of gains should be minimal. I know its not perfect but it will bottom your free test levels out.[/quote]

haha good post (I think there was an article on this site a while back advocating a lot of the stuff you did, maybe called Your Doctor Your Dealer?) but I don’t think this is exactly what the OP had in mind. I think he wants to get an actual gage of where his hormones actually are off-cycle since he is already on TRT.

OP, I would recommend stopping at least 2 months before your test, taking off 2 weeks completely after the cycle to let things clear, then resuming your TRT dose. After 4-6 weeks of your TRT dose, you should have again reached your steady state levels, giving you an accurate portrait of your hormones for your blood test.

I knew I read it somewhere but couldn’t remember where, thanks. That was published here in 2000, wow! I had to dig it up once you mentioned the title. It seems I left out taking birth control as well, lol

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
It seems I left out taking birth control as well, lol[/quote]

aya caramba! People don’t actually do that do they?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
It seems I left out taking birth control as well, lol[/quote]

aya caramba! People don’t actually do that do they?[/quote]
In the article written by Cy, he talks about getting all sorts of things from your Doc not just TRT. He suggested that hypothetically you could take BC which would cause an estrogen spike to get your Doc to proscribe you anti-e’s. He kind of suggested it in a comical way, lol

Ok. It seems a lot like broscience, but hell broscience is better then noscience. I’ll try abstaining for 2-3 weeks and then return to my regular dose. I can’t wait to see how many gains I get from this little boost. Thank you guys for your helpful info and ideas. Merry Christmas!