T Nation

Bring Back Juice to NFL


Ahm, not this guy.

The Illinois QB?

I’m talking about Anabolic Steroids.
My San Diego Chargers need the sauce bad, all of them.

Case in point LB Shawne Merriman.

Do you remember Lattimer from movie The Program?

Well, NFL Merriman = NCAA Lattimer

Check out this visious hit by Maurice Jones-Drew who is 70 pounds lighter and a foot shorter.

‘Lights Out’ got knocked the F*ck Out!

Don’t just trust your eyes though.

Merriman in 2006 had 17 sacks in 12 games, this year after 10 games he’s only 5 1/2. Not only did he loose 20 lbs of muscle but some facial hair too. WTF is up with that?

Conclusions:

  1. AS are good for Charger Defense.
  2. Real winners never quit, time to crank that shit up Shawne!
  3. The Program was an awsome football movie.

Here’s a little clip, enjoy

They need another new coach waaaaaay more than they need anabolics.

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
I’m talking about Anabolic Steroids.
My San Diego Chargers need the sauce bad, all of them.

Case in point LB Shawne Merriman.

Do you remember Lattimer from movie The Program?

Well, NFL Merriman = NCAA Lattimer

Check out this visious hit by Maurice Jones-Drew who is 70 pounds lighter and a foot shorter.

‘Lights Out’ got knocked the F*ck Out!


[/quote]

Steroids wouldn’t have done jackshit to help Merriman there. Taking a shoulder to the sternum from a sprinting NFL running back who’s lower than you are at the time is going to put anybody on their ass, steroids or not.

I get your point though, Chargers are playing like ass. Not that I want to talk though, as a Steelers fan…

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
Not only did he loose 20 lbs of muscle but some facial hair too. WTF is up with that?

[/quote]

Apparently some skin pigment, as well…

Speaking of the Program and Lattimer: Did you know that the actor playing Lattimer (Andrew Bryniarski) has plumped out and is now playing Leatherface in the recent Chainsaw Massacre movies?

He’ll always be Lattimer to me.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:

Steroids wouldn’t have done jackshit to help Merriman there. Taking a shoulder to the sternum from a sprinting NFL running back who’s lower than you are at the time is going to put anybody on their ass, steroids or not.

I get your point though, Chargers are playing like ass. Not that I want to talk though, as a Steelers fan…[/quote]

Steelers, no kidding.

I’m a Bi-Costal Team Whore, in a good way though.

Steelers in the East and Chargers in the West, except when they meet, then it’s Steelers all the way.

I feel your pain Bauer97, loosing to 1-9 teams reveals serious weakness of character on the part of the Steelers.

I love Jones Drew. He’s so small but he does incredible things like this all game long.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
I love Jones Drew. He’s so small but he does incredible things like this all game long.[/quote]

Yup, “low man wins” in football. Jones is lower than damn near everybody.

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
I’m talking about Anabolic Steroids.
My San Diego Chargers need the sauce bad, all of them.

[/quote]

I’m a Chargers fan too. Also a 49ers fan. Both of my teams could use some gear. Not to mention I’m a Golden State Warriors fan. They need something too but at least they didn’t do so bad last year. (finally)

[quote]Hagar wrote:
Also a 49ers fan. [/quote]

You assholes, way to have one of your worst years in recent memory within a draft year where you’re giving your 1st round pick to the Patriots.

What’s with the sports bigamy on this site? Pick one team per league and stick to them!

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
What’s with the sports bigamy on this site? Pick one team per league and stick to them![/quote]

Is bigamy like racist and stuff? Not me, I have color TV.

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
I’m talking about Anabolic Steroids.
My San Diego Chargers need the sauce bad, all of them.

Case in point LB Shawne Merriman.

Do you remember Lattimer from movie The Program?

Well, NFL Merriman = NCAA Lattimer
[/quote]

Wow that is quite a difference. After seeing that I totally agree.

Is that only a year, or what is the time frame between the pics?

Thats one of the big reasons I don’t jump on the steroid bandwagon, I don’t want to shrink that fast when I were to decide to stop. I bet its big time depressing.

I’ve heard that testosterone can aromatize into estrogen, but this really is something else.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Hagar wrote:
Also a 49ers fan.

You assholes, way to have one of your worst years in recent memory within a draft year where you’re giving your 1st round pick to the Patriots.[/quote]

The Patriots are going to lose their first round draft pick this year because they’ll make (if they haven’t already made) the playoffs. If they have two first round picks they’ll probably lose the high pick.

They lost THEIR first round draft pick, however they get the 49ers regardless I believe. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but that’s how I interpreted it.

How in the hell would someones bone structure change that much in a year, in the negative way? He looks like he lost 4 inches of width of his clavicles. Is that picture real?

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:

The Patriots are going to lose their first round draft pick this year because they’ll make (if they haven’t already made) the playoffs. If they have two first round picks they’ll probably lose the high pick.[/quote]

They don’t have 2 first-round picks. They would have had 2, however they were penalized their own first-round pick due to the ‘spying’ incident.

However, due to a previous off-season trade, they have the 49ers first-round pick this year, which I don’t think can be taken away under any circumstance.

Well how I took it was that the Patriots lost their first round draft pick this year if they made the playoffs. Both the 49ers first round pick and the Patriots first round pick are essentially the Patriots first round picks.

I don’t believe it was ever specified which pick they would lose, just that they lost a first round pick.

I could be wrong, I never got too in depth into the punishment, but it would make sense that they lost their highest pick.

I don’t see why that pick would be safe “under any circumstance” and their own pick wouldn’t be, but i’m not a legal analyst either.