Briefs for training.

I am going to get a pair of briefs for training, so I can use them to overload my squat.
Also one day I might want to try geared lifting, but that is not the main goal.

These will be my first pair of briefs, so I am not sure which of the following I should get.

Elitefts has a sale so I am very interested in Metal Jack pro or Metal Ace briefs. They are still pretty expensive, but for gear and compared to their normal price it is awesome.

Also I am looking at Inzer power pants double layer. They are half to 1/3 the price, but I do not know how effective they are for overloading.

So Metal Jack Pro, Metal Ace, or Inzer Power Pants double layer?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have an ACE suit and PRO briefs. I usually wear the ace with the straps down as a brief would be. The ACE stuff will stop you dead in the hole and give some “pop” out of the hole from all the stored up tension. The ACE works well with a med wide to real wide stance. Just literally keep sitting back and the suit will take care of you.

You may have to stretch the leg open with a football to dial in the fit as the leg opening are tight. This means that the brief will NOT slip up your thigh as other stuff might. ( I only have very minor slip up in my pro briefs in the winter, until I get a little sweat going on. Then they stick well. The ACE has a tighter “groove” than the Pro’s do. Probably won’t be a problem unless you are used to OLY type squats where you sit down more instead of back.

The Pro briefs are my “go-to” pair. I LOVE those. They do not hinder my squat form at all and have a wide groove that is very user friendly. The wider I stand, the better the briefs seem to work. They don’t have the stopping power of the ACE but they are very good and you would not be disappointed with them. Since this is your first pair of briefs, the PRO would be a great option. These are not “starter briefs” per se as they are serious shit man, but they are very easy to learn and will last you a LOOOONG time. I’ve had mine for about 3 years now and they feel pretty much like the first time I used them.

The Pro briefs are great when used under a suit. Until the Jack stuff came along, the PRO brief was under many a squat suit, including non metal suits…

I have no experience with the Jack line but from what I’ve read, it is like a mix between the ACE and Pro in terms of stopping power but “springy” in the hole like the pro stuff.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your reply and insight.

I am still not sure, but it sounds like the Jacks or Pros would be better for me because I would rather train stopping power, but still have the spring out of the hole, if that makes since.

[quote]Jayk wrote:
Thank you very much for your reply and insight.

I am still not sure, but it sounds like the Jacks or Pros would be better for me because I would rather train stopping power, but still have the spring out of the hole, if that makes since.[/quote]

If I were you I’d go with the Pro’s. Both are pretty easy to use but the Pro’s aren’t as intense. I still use my Pro’s in training every now and again when my hips are beat up. You can still expect to get a ton out of them

I’ve seen a lot of experienced guys (Clint Darden comes to mind) that suggest getting some looser briefs to train in, either some used ones or order a size larger than what you “should” get. I’ve thought about getting some for myself, in fact. I like doing some overload stuff, like using a Slingshot.

[quote]black_angus1 wrote:
I’ve seen a lot of experienced guys (Clint Darden comes to mind) that suggest getting some looser briefs to train in, either some used ones or order a size larger than what you “should” get. I’ve thought about getting some for myself, in fact. I like doing some overload stuff, like using a Slingshot.[/quote]

Speaking of the slingshot…should it feel nearly impossible to stretch out? I havent had a chance to use mine yet, but it seems really difficult to go wider than a close grip.

Depends on which slingshot you use. I only use the reactive slingshot and an APT slingshot that was accidentally shipped to a friend of mine. The APT one is literally made out of APT Convict knee wraps.

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:

[quote]black_angus1 wrote:
I’ve seen a lot of experienced guys (Clint Darden comes to mind) that suggest getting some looser briefs to train in, either some used ones or order a size larger than what you “should” get. I’ve thought about getting some for myself, in fact. I like doing some overload stuff, like using a Slingshot.[/quote]

Speaking of the slingshot…should it feel nearly impossible to stretch out? I havent had a chance to use mine yet, but it seems really difficult to go wider than a close grip.
[/quote]
It takes a little breaking in. I think I used to have to grab one side and then force my other hand into position.

Thanks guys. I will get the pros. I will post how I like them after I get them in a month or so.