Brief Recommendations?

How about you learn how to squat lower than 3" above parallel before you start worrying about buying briefs?

[quote]SteviGX wrote:
Go off your pelvis around measurement. So if your hips are 48" get a size 48. Anything above that go up a size. This is straight from Jo Jordan’s recommendations, EliteFTS’s resident gear whore. I have a 56 brief and a 64 Ace[/quote]

Yeah, i’ve been looking at the size charts and i’m just asking if in everyone’s experience that they are accureate. Sounds like they are, and i’ve sent an email to Jo for his input, to double check as well.

[quote]unstable wrote:

[quote]Heracles_rocks wrote:
BigSkwatta, thank you for your advice. I would love to find a “good” powerlifting gym in my area. I have looked around, but perhaps i need to advertise to see if there is a home gym that has a good crew. [/quote]

I drive 4 hours once a week just to train at a real / worthwhile gym. I’ve heard of guys driving longer distances to train with Bill Crawford on a regular basis. It’s time well spent and when you start screwing with equipment, shit starts getting potentially dangerous quick.[/quote]

You’re absolutely right, i do have some options that i haven’t explored fully. Your experience is one i need. Obviously i could progress more, and i could have someone to judge my depth, which i am working on as well.

Taco you are right, thank you for signing up here at tnation just to tell me that i need to work on my depth. I appreciate that. Thanks also for confirming what i’ve posted about needing to work on depth as well.

I’m going to get some briefs here shortly, and i will continue to work on getting to parallel without a crew and without someone standing there telling me when i reach parallel and etc. If i find someone who would be there consistently and knows what parallel actually is, then i will be able to use that to help me. Until then, looking in the mirror doesn’t help, that is why i’m high to begin with. So i am working on finding out proprioceptively where parallel is by watching my videos afterwards. Sometimes what felt like parallel, turned out to be an inch or two above, as you see in the videos.

So thank you for confirming that i still need to work on my depth.

Yeah, i’ve been looking at the size charts and i’m just asking if in everyone’s experience that they are accureate. Sounds like they are, and i’ve sent an email to Jo for his input, to double check as well. [/quote]

The size chart is for suits, not for briefs. Briefs go off your pelvis around measurement only. The legs on my 56 pro breifs are bigger than the legs on 64 Ace Squattter

As far as depth, use a box till your can do it with proprioception. I wouldn’t ever use a mirror, you don’t get a mirror at a meet so don’t rely on it. Squat facing the other way IMO

[quote]SteviGX wrote:

Yeah, i’ve been looking at the size charts and i’m just asking if in everyone’s experience that they are accureate. Sounds like they are, and i’ve sent an email to Jo for his input, to double check as well. [/quote]

The size chart is for suits, not for briefs. Briefs go off your pelvis around measurement only. The legs on my 56 pro breifs are bigger than the legs on 64 Ace Squattter

As far as depth, use a box till your can do it with proprioception. I wouldn’t ever use a mirror, you don’t get a mirror at a meet so don’t rely on it. Squat facing the other way IMO[/quote]

Yeah just wanted to make sure what they recommend was accurate because i’ve heard that some of the sizing there can be a little off. But you’re right, all the brief sizing does go by hip measurements, +or- depending on the brief.

Yeah, i’ve been focusing on not using the mirror and mostly doing box squats for the last month. Just went back to regular squats this past session to test myself so to speak. Some were okay, some were definitely high, but i am getting a better feel for where it is without looking.