T Nation

Bridge With Leg Lift

Not sure if this is the best forum for this question - but how the Hell do you work up to the Bridge With Leg Lift?

Thanks in advance.

Lay supine (facing up), hands on the floor arms stretched overhead. One leg with knee bent to 90 degrees and the other leg straight. Press down with the bent leg (activate the hammies and glutes) and lift the hips. Keep a straight line from the shoulders through to the foot of the straight leg.

For more resistance place a weight (sandbags work best) on your stomach.

TNT

See if this is what you are looking for:

http://www.backpainreduction.com/backpain/backexercise/back-bridge-exercise.htm

By "Bridge" do you mean, like a plank, where you hold the top position of a push-up (sometimes done on the forearms, rather than the hands)?

If so, the first step would be simply to hold the bridge or plank position. You want to keep a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles. By putting your hand o an elevated surface (like a bench or step) you're decreasing the resistance, and making it easier. I would shoot for time, try to work up to 2 "sets" of about 30 seconds.

From there, it's just a matter of raising either leg, not super-high. The higher the lifting, and the more you move your leg around, the harder it will be. Hope that helps some.

Thank you. TNT I'll try that. BikeMike I can't seem to download the foto. Thanks again!