Brickhoss1 Journal Update: 42mg EOD SubQ. Still Dialing In. Elevated TSH, Prolactin, E2

Have you researched EDCs? These toxins are unavoidable to a large extent. We breath, drink and eat them, they are also absorbed through the skin. They accumulate over time and “going organic” wont help you. The normal FT may mean nothing if EDCs are preventing them from binding to the various receptors.

Many many people have found boosting the dose to 200, 250 or even 350mg / week, which raises FT to double the high end, resulted in immediate and long lasting relief of their symptoms.

The body has fantastic built in detox mechanisms to remove EDCs which work well - only if your metabolism is normal/high. High FT does this for you.

If you have an issue with DBossa, do yourself a favour and reread the ask Physiolojik thread, and any others he has participated in. Its all gold and I am really sad he is MIA. He used to cruise on 350mg a week if i recall correctly.

I myself was stuck in the glut of 100mg to 120mg a week, and the darth of info here would suggest I try AIs, HCG, iron, HC, the entire kitchen sink. Only after taking matters into my own hands after reading numerous anecdotes from both Physiolojik and DBossa did I improve. I upped the dose, ended up in “supraphysiological territory” and all symptoms vanished. A miracle right?

Ever heard of selection bias? Its mainly the unwell who post here. For every guy struggling here there are a 100 more who’s “ignorant” GP’s prescribed them 200mg/week and they are doing fantastic, never having heard of E2, half lives and this forum.

1 Like

What’s your take on preg and dhea supplementation?

I tried both together some years ago, long before TRT. I personally felt zero effects from either.

So you stopped taking despite where your level is at?

I don’t feel anything either but my dhea was in the 100s. Very Low normal .
I figured I should take because levels should be higher.

We are talking 10 years + ago, these were OTC supplements at the time in my country. No result from them, so I thought why bother continuing taking them?

In terms of preg and dhea , it would be to keep the lab values at least mid range despite not feeling anything when taking them.

@tfan866, systemlord thinks we know each other. I have no idea who you are lol! If you know me through the FB or the YT channel, feel free to send me a note.

I have lurked around these forums for quite some time, and struggled to weed through what seems like different “factions” of opinion regarding protocol/treatment/dosing, etc., so I’m actually quite enjoying the banter in my thread LOL.

I guess my primary concern is the mention a few times of my thyroid results (specifically TSH) - From what I gather, thyroid issues can cause test issues, and vice versa… So it seems like kind of a “chicken and egg” scenario to me, where dealing with the root source of my issue is the most important factor to me… I am working through a TRT clinic, but submitting bloodwork to my insurance company, so working through special requests on which tests are done is cumbersome, but I’m still waiting for approval of my request based on recommendations in this thread. Hopefully I can get some follow up bloods this week if they approve my request… Otherwise, I’m getting to a point where I may just need to buck up and find a service online and pay out of pocket (any suggestions that don’t break the bank would be appreciated).

I felt so perfectly dialed in the first few weeks, that I’m really leaning towards this being a matter of bumping my test and raising my free T as has been suggested by a number of you in this thread… But I certainly want to make sure that I’m not missing any obvious deficiencies that could be hiding in the background.

Thanks for all of your input.

1 Like

Awesome stuff @brickhoss1. If you can get your hands on extra testosterone, I see no downside to you trialing for 12 weeks a higher dose say 200mg IM / week. Assuming your docs wont cooperate, what is a man to do? This kind of trial has ZERO downside in my opinion, for a user who is already on TRT as natural production has long since shut down. I think its an easier thing to try first, rather than experimenting with thyroid hormones as your next experiment.

If it doesn’t work, no harm done. If it does work, then you can with certainty look for a doc who is amenable to such dosing and who will monitor your other health markers.

Well if there is underlying disease and you boost t levels high, don’t you need a pretty healthy body to process this? Like good working adrenals and thyroid? Decent heart etc. Good blood pressure.

I don’t think it will cause any urgent medical issue if he does try though.

While I do agree it would be easier to try an increased dose, there is also something to be said about having a functioning Thyroid gland that will only enhance your experience with TRT.

I know we are all different… But I had mediocre levels for 1.3 years on 100 (only 6 weeks on this dose) then 120 and then 140mg of testosterone only. My TT reading on 40mg EOD (140mg a week) in January before starting armour thyroid was 657.

I was prescribed 90mg armour thyroid for sub clinical hypothyroid.

At my next appointment 6 months later in July, on the same dose, my TT was 1087.

I’ve increased my testosterone dose slightly and armour dose slightly and on 42mg EOD and 120mg of Armour, my TT was 1312 in November.

@brickhoss1, If a dose increase doesn’t do the trick, I think it’s definitely worth testing TSH, FT3, FT4 and RT3 to see if in fact you are hypothyroid. Introducing Armour Thyroid has done wonders for my body’s ability to use the testosterone I’m injecting.

Good luck, I’m following along to see how it goes!

For a 12 week trial of 200mg\week I highly doubt any medical issue would arise during this time. Im basing this on the assumption that he has already been screened pre TRT.

I am of the opinion that in most, all the so called “thyroid” and “adrenal” low energy\fatigue symptoms vanish at higher end dosing.

1 Like

Makes me want to try 200 a week. Am on 110-120 a week and feel pretty good.

Maybe I’ll feel better. I tend to side with least amount to get you feeling good just like any other medication.

Could be for most @tfan866, and maybe I’m an outlier, but these were my thyroid numbers before starting Armour. It’s pretty clear my thyroid gland was trying, but failing to do its job. This could be the case for others too -

TSH - 3.53 uIU/ML (0.400 - 4.100)
T3 Total - 0.91 ng/ml (0.80 - 2.00)
T4 Total - 5.3 MCG/DL (4.5 - 11.7)
RT3 - 14.3 ng/dl (9.0 - 27.0)

And TT, SHBG and DHT:

DHT - 602 pg/ml (112 - 955)
SHBG - 38.2 nmol/L (19.3 - 76.4)
TT - 657 ng/dL (300 to 1000)

Once my thyroid started shaping up, the testosterone started doing it’s thing. Top test number is Free, bottom is Total. My sensitive E2 is 49.

Can’t hurt to test thyroid.

I am in full agreement with what you have posted. I am mentioning high dose T as another alternative way of kicking the thyroid back into action, symptom wise.

I agree with you. Those that have sightly off thyroid levels with low t , I think should fix t first and then recheck thyroid a few months after.

It actually annoys me when I hear trt clinics including defy, start guys on t, thyroid meds, dhea, preg , ai at the same time. And even hcg

What’s your channel?

“TRT and hormone optimization”

If my Dr won’t raise the dose, and i tried this, how long would I have to lower back down the dose before getting blood tests done?

Do you have SHBG numbers before and after Armour?

I’ve heard hypothyroidism causes low SHBG.

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw your above post.

I asked because my SHBG is below the range and i have hypothyroidism.