Bret C's 120 Trainer Tips Angering Women

Apparently, Bret’s personal observations angered the ham beasts. Amusing flame wars all over, mostly from the terminally dumb.

Good stuff. Now if I can just get the GF to read this without it backfiring.

That is some serious hatred of Bret in those comments.

I enjoyed the read, but damn some of those women took that shit personally. They need to chill out. A top level coach is posting tips and observations that he sees in his female clients. I don’t see how people are misinterpreting this.

I had a laugh and I can see the scientific things BUT he should have separated the science and the “HEY SISTA” mentality.

For every remark about a womans behaviour, there is 2 for every dickhead male behavioral trait in the gym. Hell it doesn’t stop there, have you seen guys outside of the gym who walk like they have a cock up their arse and carpet rolls under their arms “HYUUGE LATS BRO!”.

I have.

Oh and whats more, women dont go in groups and descend upon pieces of equipment and making grunt noises just to impress their mates.

Lets not forget captain circuit trainer. The guy who gives you ugly looks because you took 1 piece out of his 6 circuit. I’ve never had a woman do that, wanna know why?

Women aint into cock sizing unless they’re hardcore feminist butch lesbians who drink Guinness.

I never, ever see female lifters strip off to admire the mirror image, I literally barf in my mouth when a group of meatheads do it in front of me in my gym.

So yeah, the list is good in a way but it descends into “oh look at this woman! HAHAHA!”.

Ever seen a woman lift her shirt up to admire the “ABZ MAAAN” after some overhead work? NOPE!

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
Ever seen a woman lift her shirt up to admire the “ABZ MAAAN” after some overhead work? NOPE![/quote]

Yes.

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

lulz.

Ever seen a woman lift her shirt up to admire the “ABZ MAAAN” after some overhead work? NOPE![/quote]

I have.

Several of the IFBB pro women at my gym do it all the time.

[quote]2busy wrote:

I have.

Several of the IFBB pro women at my gym do it all the time.[/quote]

There’s some fatties at my gym who suck in their stomachs and take ‘progress’ pics on their iphone (they look the same if not chunkier than a year ago)

I read his list and found it entertaining. I commented as well since I recognize myself in some of his points. Let’s get real, we all recognize ourselves in some not so flattering stereotypes of a particular group. If you don’t, you’re not very good with accurate self-assessment.

However, as he stated, any global group references won’t be one-size-fits-all. You fit some, others will be way off.

The reality is that men and women tend to be very different to coach.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I just posted this comment on his site:

The PC backlash in the comments is comical and reinforces many stereotypes that the women who are making them so avidly abhor.

Bret, you did a great job here. There was good, useful information and it was spiced with truly entertaining observations that were not misogynistic in any way.

Keep it up![/quote]

Karen didn’t like your insight there, lol

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

Perfect![/quote]

Agreed, lol

Women lifting their shirts up?

Like 1 in 1000.

men doing it?

1/3 BIG difference.

Wow.
I realize that Bret won’t read this, still I had to log in and say:

For a list that goes that broadly and briefly into literary hundreds of things- it is remarkably accurate, almost surreally so.

Now I don’t have to check out this “estrogen nation” to know that these chicks feel terribly offended.
Strange.
Why won’t men never feel offended by some list like “male training observation tidbits”?

again, kickass list.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I just posted this comment on his site:

The PC backlash in the comments is comical and reinforces many stereotypes that the women who are making them so avidly abhor.

Bret, you did a great job here. There was good, useful information and it was spiced with truly entertaining observations that were not misogynistic in any way.

Keep it up![/quote]
You have the dumb. This has no educational value.

All the blogs hating on it are just highlighting the work to other women and attracting attention to it ! It makes no sense

Bret Contreras’s article was picked up by the popular feminist blog Jezebel. That’s why he has so many comments from people who are likely not his usual readers. Here’s the blog post about his blog post.

For what it’s worth, some of the things on his list made me laugh, but then I started to feel like he was just being a jerk. While I agree with some of the observations about lifting mechanics and weaknesses and such, I don’t see how his WAY too long list, is very helpful. It’s certainly not going to win over a lot of women. There’s a tone in a lot of his comments that sounds condescending, and just repeats a lot of tired stereotypes.

He’s obviously a smart guy who knows a lot about training women. He could do a lot better. He has a snarky enough tone in what he says to make me not care about the possibly helpful information I might gain IF I’m inclined to wade through the entire list.

About the stereotypes, I’m sure most men don’t like being thought of as nonverbal, emotionally limited sex machines who are prone to violence and probably potential child molesters. That’s kind of how I felt after reading his list. Like he probably thinks I’m a drama queen, who doesn’t like facts much, is overly emotional…you get the idea.