Brendan Tevlin/ Domestic Terrorism

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

[quote]theuofh wrote:

If anything, they have a common enemy, but our version of the Sardukar is the gangbangers. We should figure out a way to let them loose on the Jihadis. [/quote]

Dig the Dune reference. And not a bad idea, really…But there were already ISIS signs in Ferguson during the riots which leads me to believe any idiot low lifes might be inclined to align with this group the same way they already align with pre-existing street gangs.[/quote]

This is what is happening. By creating these demon “terrorists” we’ve created a common identity for anyone malcontent with America/the West to identify with. It’s a big magnifying glass and the “have nots” under the Western system are slowly getting drawn in.

I’ve always thought the threat was overblown to begin with and 9/11 was more of a symbolic victory for them more than tactical, however that is there tactic, playing the harp strings of the American population and why it has been so effective.

We played right into Bin Laden’s hand and he created a monster.

I said it before, I fear the next big attack could be used by whatever political group as a new “The Reichstag Fire”.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
I said it before, I fear the next big attack could be used by whatever political group as a new “The Reichstag Fire”.[/quote]

It’s scary that this situation is so completely f*ed that paranoid conspiracy theories are the most logical explanation of our behavior.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
What I fear is street gangs turning from concentration on the drug trade to extremist Islam. I can picture the Folks or Gangster Disciples possibly embracing ISIS.[/quote]

Interesting tidbit, the founders of the Folks and Gangster Disciples were from Mississippi. You are welcome Chicago.

Some Americans Fighting With Terror Groups Have Returned to the U.S., Obama Administration Says