Breinhardt's Star Complex Log

I will be documenting my experience using CT’s Star Complexes in this log. I’m not feeling particularly creative introducing my log so for the moment it will be fairly simple.

Height: 5’11"

Weight: 224.5 lbs. this morning on day 1

Goal: Body Recomposition

Years Training: 8 yrs. with some inconsistency

Back Relaxed

Right Side

Left Side

Lower Body Front

Lower Body Rear

Front Flexed

Front Double Bicep

Back Double Biceps

Rear Lat Spread or best attempt

Training A.M.

OH Pressing Complex

Top 1/2 OHP :

145x3

Standing OHP:

95x3

Push Press:

95x3

Med Ball OHP:

6 kgs (unfortunately the heaviest at my gym)x8

Speed DB Press:

15x :20

Prowler OHP Pattern x 30ft.

All done in circuit for 4 rounds

Training P.M. SQUAT COMPLEX

Abdomen:

AB Wheel 2x15
Pilaf Press 2x:25

Top 1/2 Squat:

365x3

Front Squat:

135x3

Snatch from blocks:

95x3

Squat Jumps:

25 DBx8

Vertical Jumps:

BWx8

Prowler low backpedal x 30ft.

All done in circuit x4

More background and nutritional info tomorrow

So, this morning I’m not feeling as zapped as I was last night after a long and hot one at work. Feeling refreshed and a new day ahead of me I now have the energy to put a little more detail into my training log.

I am a 24 year old manual laborer for the time being. My job works on shifts that are 3-5 hrs a day so it allows me to split my training sessions up into 2 short sessions. Which I feel like gives me better focus while training. My gym is fully equipped with all the necessities for this training program (prowler and all), so I will be attempting to follow it to a “T”.

Some additional background information. I am a former fat boy that participated in athletics his whole life. I played baseball from age 5 to 14 then with my size found wrestling and football. Baseball was my first love and still is but my body type (stalky and broad) was perfect for wrestling. Played football and wrestled during high school. My heart was in wrestling and i just played football for something to do I guess. I did not play any collegiate sports and frankly I was tired of sports at that point. When I went to college the university I attended had a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu club that i regularly participated in. I joined a fraternity in college and enjoyed every bit of it, but the first couple years of fraternity life really fucked my health up.

to be continued… time to train and work

Training A.M.

Ramped up wgts for warm up

Then trained abdomen:

Cable Crunch 2x20
Dead Bug w/ wall press 2x20

DL COMPLEX

Top 1/2 DL 365x3

DL floor 295x3

Clean from blocks 135x3

Clean jumps 135x8

Broad jumps BWx8

Slow Prowler push

All done in circuit for 4 Rounds

Manual Labor job 1hr. after

Training P.M.

Ramped up wgts for warm up

BENCH PRESS COMPELX

Top 1/2 bench 225x3

Bench press 185x3

MB chest pass 6 kgs (the heaviest at my gym)x8

Incline plyo push-up BWx8

Speed DB bench 25x:20

Prowler chest press x 30ft.

All done in circuit for 4 rounds

CLUSTER SET FOR ASSISTANCE:

Cable OH Tri Ext. 65,75,80 x 3 x 12
Wide Neutral Pull-up BW x 3 x 7 (2 sec. pause at top)
High Cable Face pull 50 x 3 x 12 (2 sec. pause)

Didn’t think I was going to be able to do the bench complex because I had strained my right pec 2 weeks ago, but i tested it out by ramping my wgts up slowly for this complex and had no issues with the pec at all. It is something i will have to monitor will doing this complex twice a week though and air on the side of caution with the wgt.

Myself after a couple of years “enjoying” fraternity life :\ This photo was taken during a biomechanics lab in 2008

Here is a photo of myself taken during a biomechanics lab in the summer of 2008 after enjoying a couple of years fraternity life :\

Nutritionally I guess I am using a carb cycling diet. My carbs are still relatively high at 150g on day when I DL, 100g or so on other training days, and >75 on neural charge and non-training days with one cheat meal a week on saturday after training. Other macros are held at consistent amounts during the week at 300g protein and 110-115g of fat respectively. The past couple of day it has been extremely hot at work and because of it’s physical nature my nutrition has been off a bit with more carbs needed to survive the heat.

Supplement wise my budget is fairly tight so my supplement list reflects it.

BCAA - taken in 10g doses before A.M. training, after training, before P.M. training, and after my evening meal

Chromium - 500-750mcg Used as an insulin mimic and taken with my post training meal and any other carb meals

Fish Oil - 12-16 1000mg caps taken with solid food meals (4 caps 3 or 4 times daily)

Melatonin - 3mg taken ~1hr. before bed

That’s about all that fits into my supplement budget right now

Training

NEURAL CHARGE

Seated box jumps x 3-5

Speed bench press from bottom pause x 3

Box single leg push-off x 3-5 each

MB slams x 5

4 rounds

BICEPS

Rev. EZ Curl 4 x 8-12

DB hammer curl 4 x 8-12
Left arm hammer 2 x 8-12

Narrow grip EZ curl 4 x 8-12
Left arm seated incline curl 2 x 8-12

Wide grip EZ curl 4 x 8-12
Left arm supination curl 2 x 8-12

(Used straight sets changing wgt every set)

ABDOMEN

Hanging leg raise 2 x 12

Training

Ramped weights for warm-up

ABDOMEN

Ab wheel 2 x 15
Pilaf Press 2 x :25

SQUAT COMPLEX

Top 1/2 Squat:

365x3

Front Squat:

135x3

Snatch from hang:

95x3

Squat Jumps:

25 DBx8 (might need to adjust this weight down)

Vertical Jumps:

BWx8

Prowler low backpedal x 30ft.

4 ROUNDS

OHP COMPELX

95x3

Push Press:

95x3

Med Ball OHP:

6 kgs x8

Speed DB Press:

15x :20

Prowler OHP Pattern x 30ft. (smoked my triceps and traps)

ASSISTANCE

Rev. Grip Pull-up 3 x 7 (2 sec. pause at top)
Meadows Prone DB swings 3 x 30