Breathing Squat Routine Help

My legs have always been my limiting factor for everything so I have decided to do a 20 rep squat program. I have been doing the program for a few weeks now and I have been getting steady gains until this last week where I have completely stalled. Has anyone else had this experience, and how did you bust through the sticking point? thank a lot

Balls. Just simply balls and keeping at it is the best answer as long as your diet and recovery is in line. Try this, count up to 10 then count up to or backwards of five (to get five reps) then count backs to three so it would be three, do a rep two, do a rep, one do a rep, then get focused collect your balls from the floor and grind through the last two reps hitting depth even if it feels like you are going to die. That is basically an example of what I do when I do a set of squats that will be brutal. Stuff like this, you shouldn’t worry about pain, what should matter to you is finishing.

[quote]ryanisrizzle wrote:
My legs have always been my limiting factor for everything so I have decided to do a 20 rep squat program. I have been doing the program for a few weeks now and I have been getting steady gains until this last week where I have completely stalled. Has anyone else had this experience, and how did you bust through the sticking point? thank a lot [/quote]

Where are you stalling at? Weight, reps, strength? Are you adding the 5lbs per workout? Are you taking at least three large breaths between sets? Are you eating enough? If it is getting more difficult to complete the sets than it is a matter of pushing through. As the previous poster mentioned. Balls! I utilized breath squats for about 6 months. The gains were the best I have ever had but, it was the hardest work I have ever done.

[quote]earthshaker wrote:

Are you taking at least three large breaths between sets?

[/quote]

I hope so … reps , reps it is…

I thought only I did that sort of thing

that second comment was pretty motivational. I guess I gotta just pace better and make sure to take 3 breaths between each rep and not just when I start burning out, and just ignore the pain and keep pushing

Smolov? lol

but seriously, maybe you need a program that has some set/rep scheme that you can work with instead of constantly doing 20 rep squats?