Breast Feeding in Public

[quote]Makavali wrote:
rundymc wrote:
Perfectly natural act that harms no one, except people with an overly developed sense of ‘decency’. Get with the times, its just tits and a baby.

Masturbating is also a natural act that harms no one, but for some strange reason people look at me funny when I whip my cock in cafes.[/quote]

That’s because they’re squinting.

Oh, and if the girl’s a 7 or higher I’m fine :D.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Yes or No?

Discuss.

I’ll start. No. To me it seems like an attention whore thing to do and indicates lack of planning and forethought. As much as I like tits, breastfeeding is one of those intimate things that belongs in a private space.

Makavali - Starting shit storms worldwide since the 80’s.[/quote]

I’m starting to think your just an all around dumbass…

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Reminds me of a conversation I once had with a married couple of friends. She was pregnant. I asked if she intended to breastfeed. She replied, “No. I’m not a cow. Besides, they belong to my husband.”

wtf?[/quote]

I would never procreate with a women that refused to give my child the very best there is.

I think this is the real issue for you, and I agree THIS can be annoying. It’s usually first time mom’s. Just ignore them.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
the type to be super proud of having a kid.[/quote]

As for the act of breastfeeding in public. Definite yes.

People mentioned the alternatives of “better planning” and “pumping”. Consider that feeding can typically take up to an hour (sometimes longer), and may be needed in less than two hours from finish, it is unreasonable to ask that a mother try to feed the baby, leave the house and be back in under two hours.

As for the pumping, not always viable, due to:

1. Cost. Manual pumps are fairly cheap, but very time consuming. Electric pumps are more expensive.

2. Time consuming. Remember that in most cases the mother is alone with the child and pumping can take over half an hour, then feeding can take additional time.

3. Limited milk supply. Milk supply varies between mothers. Some need to pump die to a supply greater than the child can consume, other mother’s just produce enough, and some not enough (requiring supplementation from formula). For mother’s that just produce enough, they can’t pump, since the child is consuming it all.

4. Feeding Technique. For the child, bottle feeding and breast feeding are completely different and must be learned. There are frequent occurances of children stopping breastfeeding once a bottle has been introduced since it’s easier. Or difficulty (ie. choking, spitting up) bottle feeding due to greater fluid volume.

Those are just off the top of my head.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Reminds me of a conversation I once had with a married couple of friends. She was pregnant. I asked if she intended to breastfeed. She replied, “No. I’m not a cow. Besides, they belong to my husband.”

wtf?[/quote]

K this was pretty funny read to start off the morning shift.

My view: I’ve seen a woman at the beach breast feed her child at the beach this summer and it wasn’t that nice to see. I don’t know why but I was kinda disgusted by it, but that is just me. And on the “not looking” thing, you cannot help yourself but look. It’s one of those things that will catch your eyes no matter what. Plus when she finished feeding her baby she forgot to put her tit away and was hanging out…

[quote]dianab wrote:
Women have boobs for one biological reason: to nurse babies. I know that is hard for some of you to comprehend.[/quote]

Actually thatâ??s not true. Women have breasts whether nursing or not for the purpose of attracting men. No other animal is similar to this. But the fat deposits that make up the majority of breast tissue most of a womanâ??s life serve no other purpose than for the enjoyment of others. =0)

Women are also one of the only females that purposely remain attractive and sexually active whether biologically ready for reproduction or not. Essentially sex for humans keeps couples together in addition to being reproductive.

Humans are different than almost all other animals on matters of sex including boobs.

And this thread needs the comment, â??pics or it didnâ??t happenâ??

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
dianab wrote:
Women have boobs for one biological reason: to nurse babies. I know that is hard for some of you to comprehend.

Actually thatâ??s not true. Women have breasts whether nursing or not for the purpose of attracting men. No other animal is similar to this. But the fat deposits that make up the majority of breast tissue most of a womanâ??s life serve no other purpose than for the enjoyment of others. =0)

Women are also one of the only females that purposely remain attractive and sexually active whether biologically ready for reproduction or not. Essentially sex for humans keeps couples together in addition to being reproductive.

Humans are different than almost all other animals on matters of sex including boobs.

And this thread needs the comment, â??pics or it didnâ??t happenâ??

[/quote]

I have to disagree with this one a bit. I think it’s a chicken/egg scenario. Because breasts are for feeding children, larger breasts are likely subconsciously viewed as a sign of good fertility. Therefore men are generally attracted to them… leading to sexy time and reproduction.

I don’t see the problem. I know when I get hungry I get moody :wink:

one time I was doing a consultation and the mom towards the end started breastfeeding. It was a bit awkward I must say

[quote]Makavali wrote:
rundymc wrote:
Perfectly natural act that harms no one, except people with an overly developed sense of ‘decency’. Get with the times, its just tits and a baby.

Masturbating is also a natural act that harms no one, but for some strange reason people look at me funny when I whip my cock in cafes.[/quote]

Only because it looks like a swollen clit.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Yes or No?

Discuss.

I’ll start. No. To me it seems like an attention whore thing to do and indicates lack of planning and forethought. As much as I like tits, breastfeeding is one of those intimate things that belongs in a private space.

Makavali - Starting shit storms worldwide since the 80’s.[/quote]

You come from a society that diminishes women. Thin about that. They are your domestic servants and oppressed. That’s why you look down at such behavior, even though you were fed and nurtured by the very act you condemn. You expose yourself as an idiot.

Your own mother nurtured your Atheist ass with her breast. She breathed life into you and now here you stand mightily looking down on such an act. Wanna know why? Because you’re uncomfortable with it. Why? Because you find it disturbing. Why? Because you’re a closet pervert. You see something natural and normal as an abomination.

Your stupid attempts at controversial topics is silly and that of a retard. Get a life and don;t be so proud of your stupidity.

[quote]BrownTrout wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Yes or No?

Discuss.

Makavali - Starting shit storms worldwide since the 80’s.

I’m starting to think your just an all around dumbass…
[/quote]

Finally more and more see the light.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
dianab wrote:
Women have boobs for one biological reason: to nurse babies. I know that is hard for some of you to comprehend.

Actually that�¢??s not true. Women have breasts whether nursing or not for the purpose of attracting men. No other animal is similar to this. But the fat deposits that make up the majority of breast tissue most of a woman�¢??s life serve no other purpose than for the enjoyment of others. =0)

And this thread needs the comment, �¢??pics or it didn�¢??t happen�¢??

I have to disagree with this one a bit. I think it’s a chicken/egg scenario. Because breasts are for feeding children, larger breasts are likely subconsciously viewed as a sign of good fertility. Therefore men are generally attracted to them… leading to sexy time and reproduction.[/quote]

No other mammal on the planet has anything similar.

Breast tissue (fat deposits), which is the stuff every guy stares at, in no way whatsoever contribute to feeding a child.

Itâ??s like looking at a male red winged blackbird and saying that his red feathers are there for flight. Well sure, he couldnâ??t fly without them and feathers were developed for flight, but that isnâ??t really what weâ??re talking about. Without the red markings they cannot attract a mate. The markings are there for no other purpose. Theyâ??re even a hindrance to survival being an anti-camouflage.

Breasts are the Human version of peacock feathers.

Meant to attach this.

They stare at boobs because they think it means the woman is more likely to get knocked up. We keep em around all the time to keep you around all the time.

I fully support public breastfeeding, but discretion is a must. My sister in law would whip out her titty anywhere (including church at my wedding) without a towel or small blanket. She was the talk of the event. Bitch stole my thunder.

OK as long as they are prepared to share.

Nothing wrong with this at all and people that are disturbed about it are immature and need to grow up.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
OK as long as they are prepared to share.[/quote]

Yeah…your a little fucked up too.

I like me some boobs. Anyone wanna let me suck on some boobs?

[quote]football061 wrote:
I like me some boobs. Anyone wanna let me suck on some boobs?[/quote]

I’m sure Makavali would let you suck on his…