Breaking the Ice

Hi Guys and Girls

Just wanted to break the ice and introduce myself. I want to get ripped, it seems like this is right place to be. I’m 34, and I live in London. I’ve been thinking about cheating and was thinking about roids, but to be honest I had no idea where to look or even start so I’ve given that decision a miss - and just bought some of the items off the store here (Plazma and Indigo-3G) to help kick start my mission. I’m already on a decent diet so it’s just about getting myself into the gym.

I dont know if this is even the right place to post this, sorry please move it if it’s not. Anyway, I will be posting some before pics shortly.

I have my mind in the right place to make this a possibility so hopefully the support of this site will push me through to other side.I am looking for a complete body overhaul, to be the biggest I’ve ever been. Wish me luck.

Thanks
LDNLAD

[quote]LDNLAD wrote:
Hi Guys and Girls

Just wanted to break the ice and introduce myself. I want to get ripped, it seems like this is right place to be. I’m 34, and I live in London. I’ve been thinking about cheating and was thinking about roids, but to be honest I had no idea where to look or even start so I’ve given that decision a miss - and just bought some of the items off the store here (Plazma and Indigo-3G) to help kick start my mission. I’m already on a decent diet so it’s just about getting myself into the gym.

I dont know if this is even the right place to post this, sorry please move it if it’s not. Anyway, I will be posting some before pics shortly.

I have my mind in the right place to make this a possibility so hopefully the support of this site will push me through to other side.I am looking for a complete body overhaul, to be the biggest I’ve ever been. Wish me luck.

Thanks
LDNLAD

[/quote]
Everyone wants it right now, I hope you understand that the “ripped” physique you are reaching for will take hard work, and time. Being a beginner, you will need to build muscle, and then cut body fat. I doubt your diet is “decent”, and if it was, which I doubt it is. It will still need to be tailored to build muscle (increase in protein, caloric surplus). This is a lengthy process as building muscle even as a beginner is still difficult. Taking or even considering steroids as a beginner may be one of the dumbest things you can do, especially since by your post it does not sound like you want to do any research. My only advice to you is to begin reading the stickys found here on the forums. Begin with Supplements & Nutrition, and scour through the Training tab.

Good Luck

Nobody should even consider “enhancements” until they have gotten very close to their genetic potential. That means don’t even look at them until you’ve been lifting 10 years and have the experience and a body that shows it. Then you can make your own decisions with some self-gained knowledge.

Now, for a starter- dump the supplements. They aren’t all that useful to guys that aren’t advanced.

Eat 200g protein a day along with enough calories to grow, and lift big. Simple programs like Starting Strength or 5/3/1 are good places to start. And get this in your head: strength will take a long time to build. Time+consistency is what will get you there. Think long. Don’t believe the hype of 8-weeks-to-ripped programs or the latest Hollywood actor ‘strength’ story.

This is a fail waiting to happen.

Prove me wrong, please.

I’m still just getting past the “total newbie” stage. I can hardly say I know anything. But personally, the most helpful thing for me has been making this thing a part of my life.

For me, it’s not (just) a hobby, it’s not (just) an awesome activity, it’s a commitment to a lifestyle. It’s a commitment to habit, and habitual work.

I’m +15lbs since I started learning.

Good luck man!

So, so, so much wrong here.

You don’t have a workout routine, but you bought workout nutrition supps. You have a “decent” diet that you think will get you big and ripped; and the only reason you’re not doing steroids is that you can’t find them. That’s just… awesome.

[quote]LDNLAD wrote:
I want to get ripped

I am looking for a complete body overhaul, to be the biggest I’ve ever been[/quote]
Choose a priority - big or ripped - figure out one thing to focus on, and attack it with a well-designed plan. At your current size (6’1", 220 pounds, and “unsure” bodyfat), I’m wondering how much fat you’re carrying and how “big” you are already.

If I had a dollar for every time a guy said, “I’m eating fine guys, seriously. It’s all good”, I’d have many dollars. Can you lay out the specifics of your daily nutrition?

This would give us a better perspective of your situation.

Considering that your very first instinct towards improving yourself was ‘to cheat’ (your words), I’d disagree with that statement.

This site can be supportive and can give you literally all the information you need to reach your specific goals… but it can also tear you a new asshole with a rusty screwdriver if you don’t commit and follow-through.

We can make suggestions, lay out plans and advice, and answer questions overcome obstacles along the way, but you’re the one that has to show up, put in the work, strain, struggle, grind, get sore, and make the right choices meal after meal, day after day.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
This site can be supportive and can give you literally all the information you need to reach your specific goals… but it can also tear you a new asshole with a rusty screwdriver if you don’t commit and follow-through.
[/quote]
lol, Well said.

[quote]LDNLAD wrote:
Hi Guys and Girls

Thanks
LDNLAD

[/quote]

Well, hey guys. I’ve been lazy for the last 34 years of my life. Didn’t think to lift until I signed up for instagram and saw the jacked guys getting all the attention.

Not sure I really wanna work hard for it, so I considered roids. But then I looked it up and saw that it was too expensive and confusing so fuck that.

I know how to eat because I read mens health, and they can’t lie in men’s health. I don’t wanna spend too much time on this, just need quick results really, so I need the fastest way possible without interfering with the rest of my life. I got plazma and indigo because I read you can get jacked still eating whatever I want. We can’t be perfect you know?

But yea, my mind is definitely in the right place, even though I haven’t worked out in years, considered roids, and bought supplements as my kick start to my new body.

Thanks

LNABFNADHJFNAJDNHJGFHJDK

Love the fact you would spend out on the Biotest supplements (in the UK they are f***ing expensive) without really getting to grips with what you want to do, amazing idea.

IF you come back with some decent information about your diet and your training plan I am sure you will get some top quality help, but support from the internet is worth the square root of stuff all if your not actually putting the effort in to pick things up and put them down again.

So sort a diet log, pick a program and come back to us.

(oh not saying the Biotest stuff isnt worth it, just there are a lot easier things to get hold of in the UK, Including gear)