Breaking Stereotypes

I was thinking about how rarely outside of sports and some music genres it is to see famous or at least well-known people with appreciable muscle. I am especially interested in those who just break the mold when it comes to body types. I thought of a few:

Arnold - as the Governator
Henry Rollins - punk, poet, publisher and general bad ass
Tiger Woods - not huge, but brought muscles to golf
Daniel Craig - only in relation to the Bond character

Are there any other transgressing the muscle stereotype?

Hmm, Arnold yes, most definetly. Rollins, I guess, always a big fan of his and a source of inspiration when you feel really down. Not sure about Tiger Woods, I am not a golf fan.

Mr Bond, hmm, the last time I saw that movie, the woman I was with remarked “is that it, he only has arms and a chest?” which did bring a smile to my face. But compared to previous actors, maybe.

I always thought that bearing in mind what Stallone achieved - no one plays the working man better than him, he is definetly more than what he appears.

I thought people initially (early in his career) considered Mike Mentzer more intelligent that most bodybuilders at the time (before he went completely up his own arse).

Interesting thread…

Okay so he used to play college football, but I think Ed Hochuli qualifies for this thread being the most ripped referee in American sports at age 57…

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/players/01/10/nfl.workout0116/index.html

Aside from that, who are the well known/in-the-public-eye people aside from athletes, musicians, and movie stars?

Politicians? that’s all I can think of, and honestly anyone I can think of who wants to go there already makes that their “hobby/habit” of choice instead of workouts. Not that they’re busier than the rest of us, but some pretty hectic schedules too.

In regards to Bond: You all do know that Sean Connery (prior to being the first, best, and only Mr. Bond) was an amateur bodybuilder … just thought I’d throw that out there

Does anyone watch ‘Dinner Impossible’ on the Food network? The chef on that show is legitimately jacked.

I am starting to see the connection to the underground nature of body building…

I had one professor in my undergrad who you could tell lifted. I always thought a bit more of him, and he was a great teacher as well. Just something about him not fitting the emaciated academic mold. Sort of a Indiana Jones~esk vibe. And it was an anthropology course.

The Big Dumb Ogre thread spoke to the big and dumb stereotype and I was looking for examples that defied it. Does not seem to be many.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
In regards to Bond: You all do know that Sean Connery (prior to being the first, best, and only Mr. Bond) was an amateur bodybuilder … just thought I’d throw that out there[/quote]

Yeah, the photos have been on here a good few times over the years. He just looked his usual Sean Connery self.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
I am starting to see the connection to the underground nature of body building…

I had one professor in my undergrad who you could tell lifted. I always thought a bit more of him, and he was a great teacher as well. Just something about him not fitting the emaciated academic mold. Sort of a Indiana Jones~esk vibe. And it was an anthropology course.

The Big Dumb Ogre thread spoke to the big and dumb stereotype and I was looking for examples that defied it. Does not seem to be many. [/quote]

You can see strength, but not smart immediately. Knowing he was a professor you have to figure he has some brains. I also respect the smart well built guys as well. Jim Wendler and Chad Aichs are two very smart fellows who don’t look it on first impressions, but talking to them you quickly find out about their brains.

Vitali Klitschko. He is a politician in Ukraine. Although, I do not think that will count because I am pretty sure you were only talking about the US. But he is the only person I could think of off the top of my head. All the other ones were mentioned so far.
Some of you might know him as a fomer heavyweight boxer.

Thats cool.

We can add Putin then as well. He looks more fit than most politicians.

ha yea Robert Irvine is his name.

[quote]Dirty_Bulk wrote:
Does anyone watch ‘Dinner Impossible’ on the Food network? The chef on that show is legitimately jacked.[/quote]

Just thought you all should she this. I think we should try to find some famous and pretty good looking women out there. So, I am giving you this website. Found it by randomly searching on yahoo.

Some good Examples I can think of might be Crocop…he’s a senator or something isn’t he?