Breaking In Shirt

slattimer when im doing my pin presses/rack lockouts since my sticking point is the last 3-4 inches should i set the pins 5 inches belowe lockout and try to blast throught the last 3-4 inches or should i set it at 4 inches

Rack lockouts should be only 4 inches at most. 2-4 inch range of motion only. Depending on your arch and retraction of shoulder blades you should be using about 5 or 6 boards for very top end work. For me 6 is useless because once i pull my shoulder blades back the bar is already on the boards. To me raw boards will help you out a lot more than shirt boards. Good luck.

[quote]chtdrmn wrote:
slattimer when im doing my pin presses/rack lockouts since my sticking point is the last 3-4 inches should i set the pins 5 inches belowe lockout and try to blast throught the last 3-4 inches or should i set it at 4 inches[/quote]

Rack lockout should be a 3" range of movement. Anything more than this, you will get better benefit working off boards. Depending on your arm length, a 4-board is probably where you want to be.

I recommend doing the boards raw, btw.

alright thanks slatt and ttewel for the help ill keepp yall posted on my quest for 500