Breaking in New Belt

Hi
I just purchased a new belt. Its one of the Elite prime cuts ones. Man coming from those cheapo gym belts, its a brute.
How do I break it in - at the moment it feels like i can barely bend it and pulling it tight is rather difficult.
Any way to break it in and make it a bit more malleable?

cheers

keep it rolled up when you’re not wearing it. other than that its like wine dude, it takes time, but the belt gets better with age.

www.fortified-iron.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39600

I have this same belt. Double prong, I’ve had it for months and (dont use it often) and it’s still pretty damn stiff. There’s only one area where it’s geting really lose but the middle is STIFF as hell. When I put the belt around my waist theres a couple inches space where my back is lol.

simple, wear it ALL the time! all kidding aside, time is the only real way to get it more plyable. You’ll probably be able to pass the belt on to your son or grandson someday, that shit lasts forever.

I remember when I switched to my current Inzer Lever belt it was tough to accomodate to. The lever kicks ass, so much easier than the prongs. What was different and tough to get used to was the belt overlaps inside. I tried but the belt on so that the “middle” was on the side just so the overlap would not be on my sides.

The 13mm power lifting belts are meant to not be bendy. 8-10 workouts in you will have either adapted to it or it won’t happen ever

[quote]sapasion wrote:
I remember when I switched to my current Inzer Lever belt it was tough to accomodate to. The lever kicks ass, so much easier than the prongs. What was different and tough to get used to was the belt overlaps inside. I tried but the belt on so that the “middle” was on the side just so the overlap would not be on my sides.

The 13mm power lifting belts are meant to not be bendy. 8-10 workouts in you will have either adapted to it or it won’t happen ever[/quote]

for a second i thought i got the 13mm but no mine is also the prime cut power belt. Problem is I don’t train with a belt often. I’ll go months without the belt.

What I’ve done is rolled it very tightly…then put a 45 pound plate on it so it stays like that, gonna leave it for a few days and see what happens. I think mines 11mm it reads. On the site it says 10-12mm.

[quote]sapasion wrote:

The 13mm power lifting belts are meant to not be bendy. 8-10 workouts in you will have either adapted to it or it won’t happen ever[/quote]

THe thing I’ve found with the leaver is your need to be VERY accurate with sizing or you end up with alot of over lap. Almost like have a phone jammed down between your belt and abs.

If you do have a lot of overlap you could try sawing it off?

You can treat them like a base ball mitt get that oil and wrap them makes the still dog tough but easier to be plyable

Phill

[quote]Hanley wrote:
sapasion wrote:

The 13mm power lifting belts are meant to not be bendy. 8-10 workouts in you will have either adapted to it or it won’t happen ever

THe thing I’ve found with the leaver is your need to be VERY accurate with sizing or you end up with alot of over lap. Almost like have a phone jammed down between your belt and abs.

If you do have a lot of overlap you could try sawing it off?
[/quote]

I had/have so much trouble with my lever belt (getting the right size/fit), I just bought a traditional belt from EFS

I got my new Power Belt from Elite about two months ago. It is still stiff as a board, but I can get it fairly tight by hand.

If I need it to be tighter, for a ME squat or something, my gym has a tool that you can use to pry the belt and make it tighter. I’ve attached a rough sketch. Basically, you stick the short prong into a belt hole on the inside, with the top of the C-shaped part on the outside of the belt, and pry until you can get the prongs into the desired hole. With that tool, it’s actually easier than putting on a lever belt, and you don’t get pinched with the overlap.