Breakfest Shake

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
You could always try bauer’s brilliant shakes to get in his 7000 cals a day, he gave me his ‘secret’ recipe, here it is:

half gallon whole milk
two cans tuna
one tub of oatmeal
one salmon steak
one cup strawberries
one cup blueberries
one bannana
one infant
one live buffalo
one quart vanilla yogurt
paprika to taste.[/quote]

You idiot, stop screwing up my secret recipe. You have to kill the buffalo first.

And it’s a toddler, not an infant…

[quote]TopSirloin wrote:
Feist, where did you get the idea to toss in green tea leaves? Just curious if this was your own idea or if you “borrowed” it from some reading you did.

Thanks,

TopSirloin[/quote]

Sorry to be so late in noticing this – I was reading this site more than I should’ve during finals week as is!

A friend who’s into organic foods and stuff had a smoothie recipe – “Ultimate Antioxidant Smoothie” or some similar title – from one of her magazines that used chilled, brewed green tea. I got tired of brewing and chilling. Green tea’s a good antioxidant, and I figured everything that got into me via brewing would get in this way, too. Sometimes I’ll tear open a bag of red tea instead or with the green tea. Sometimes dump in a little flaxmeal.

I more or less took the recipe in her mag (at least the idea behind it) and added some protein and complex carbs.

Only thing I didn’t like about my version was the oatmeal settled at the bottom and required chewing (or constant swirling and fast swallowing!). Will try what bushidobadboy said about soaking the oats a bit beforehand.

Cheers!