Breakfest Shake

3-4 days out of the week I donot have time for breakfest (when i am on dayshift). I have a and a half containers of On Whey powder left, what shake do you reccomend for breakfest?

I don’t have ON Whey, but this is what I do every morning:

2 scoops protein powder (enough to get 40g of protein)

1 serving greens supplement (Greens+, Essential Greens, Perfect Food, etc)

1Tbsp milled flaxseeds or flax meal

Mix it up in a shaker bottle the night before and drink it cold when you get up. Add in a glass of juice or piece of fruit on the side and you’re good to go for a couple hours.

If you have 10 minutes, you can make something like this – it requires several other ingredients, but I’ve found it sustains me pretty well:

• 1 scoop protein powder
  • 2 raw eggs
  • handful walnuts
  • couple handfuls mixed berries/strawberries/whatever’s on hand
  • OJ
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup oatmeal or slow-digesting cereal of your choice

I put some OJ in the bottom, put the other stuff in, then top of with enough OJ to cover everything. Blend.

I usually also put in a lot of cinnamon (moderates glycemic response – so I’ve read – and tastes better), tear open a bag of green tea and dump in the contents, and maybe a ground-up multivitamin. Those are all optional, tho’. Sometimes I throw in a banana or some other fruit.

Since the eggs are raw, be sure of your eggs, and drink right away.

You can, of course, use more or less of whatever as you prefer.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
3-4 days out of the week I donot have time for breakfest (when i am on dayshift). I have a and a half containers of On Whey powder left, what shake do you reccomend for breakfest?[/quote]

My breakfast shake usually looks like:

Oatmeal (about a cup)
Milk (a cup and half or so)
Two scoops whey (40-45g, I think)
Some peanut butter (I don’t measure, just feel)
Olive oil (a tbsp or so)

I can run on this for two hours no problem at all.

-16oz water
-four scoops protein
-3tbsp plain yogurt
-1tbsp greens plus
-3-4oz coconut milk
-about a cup frozen blueberries/raspberries

Get 30-40 grams of protein for breakfast and some carbs from either fruit or something low GI like Oatmeal. The quantities of the carbs have to fall within your daily needs.

I know you don’t have “time” for breakfast, what with sleep and grooming getting in the way, but it really is pretty important.

spend your time the night before prepping stuff if you have to, but to figure out your shake throw in some:

Protein powder
Water/Milk
Fruit (I like banana and/or pineapple)

Then for some extra protein you can add pasturized egg whites, or for healthy fats you can add nuts or natural PB.

1 cup cheerios
1 frozen banana
2 cups milk
1-2 scoops whey
+peanut butter

blend well

[quote]n3wb wrote:
1 cup cheerios
1 frozen banana
2 cups milk
1-2 scoops whey
+peanut butter

blend well
[/quote]

if you had to guess how much peanut butter would you say???

[quote]Feist wrote:
I usually also put in a lot of cinnamon (moderates glycemic response – so I’ve read – and tastes better), tear open a bag of green tea and dump in the contents…quote]

Feist, where did you get the idea to toss in green tea leaves? Just curious if this was your own technique or if you “borrowed” it from some reading you did.

Thanks,

TopSirloin

If you get the 100% egg whites they come pasterized so I add 8oz 100% egg whites, 4oz water, 1 scoop Metabolic Drive strawberry, 1 packet plain oatmeal, handful of frozen fruit (I like peaches or strawberries) and then blend all of that and let sit for a min before chugging. Just as good as a breakfast of scrambled egg whites, oatmeal and fruit but a hell of a lot faster!

I put in all kinds of stuff. Usually

-Some cauliflower or another vegetable

-Apple which covers up the taste of cauliflower or vegetable

-Banana or other fruit

-Milk or water

-Whey protein

-Oats

-Some sort of nuts or seeds

-Coconut

-Sometimes canned pumpkin

I may add others things. This gives you protein with the whey, a variety of fats with the nuts, seeds, and coconut, carbs with the fruits and oats, plenty of fiber and phytonutrients, and it helps get in some more raw vegetables (which I hate) to my diet because everything else covers up the taste.

Best shake in the world: (goes with morning supps)

-2 Scoops Vanilla Metabolic Drive
-1 Big ass spoonful of organic Peanut Butter
-1 teaspoon of coffee grind
-1 heaping teaspoon of flaxseed
-10 oz fat-free milk
-Lots of ice
-A sprinkle of love

Blend and enjoy

Then: Get JBs Precision Nutrition and skillet up some badass omelets and put them in a to-go container and voila, your next meal. Spinach, diced onions, broken mushrooms, and lots of eggs (topped with cheese if you please), and oh man.

“…or as you have your morning shit, whatever ;)”

I mean, I would’ve said this, but I thought it was obvious. I have a dining/reading tray in my loo.

Here’s my morning shake

-2 scoops whey
-1 cup quick oats
-1/2 cup blueberries
-as much milk as necessary

I put this in a shaker bottle, shake like hell, and drink

[quote]tru2lyf wrote:
n3wb wrote:
1 cup cheerios
1 frozen banana
2 cups milk
1-2 scoops whey
+peanut butter

blend well

if you had to guess how much peanut butter would you say???
[/quote]

depends on your calorie goals

I don’t usually make breakfast shakes, but if I did, this would be my recipe:

1.5 cups of milk
banana
Peanut butter
Oats
Flax Seed
Protein powder
cocoa…etc

You could always try bauer’s brilliant shakes to get in his 7000 cals a day, he gave me his ‘secret’ recipe, here it is:

half gallon whole milk
two cans tuna
one tub of oatmeal
one salmon steak
one cup strawberries
one cup blueberries
one bannana
one infant
one live buffalo
one quart vanilla yogurt
paprika to taste.

Feist, where did you get the idea to toss in green tea leaves? Just curious if this was your own idea or if you “borrowed” it from some reading you did.

Thanks,

TopSirloin