Breakfast, What Do You Eat?

I am an aspiring athlete, age 15, 5' 11" 135lbs and am seeking to become the best Cross Country, Swimmer and Track runner that I can be. However, after a shitty diet today I realize that I will need a better foundation in my diet to have the physique I want and endurance I need.

Today my diet was as, note I go to a boarding school so no idea on like how much eggs were in something, can only tell stuff that I myself see:

Breakfast:
8oz Skim Milk
8oz All-Natural Orange Juice
1 Cup Cheerios
1 Sm/Md Banana
ham and cheese omelet (about 1-2oz lean ham, 1-2oz mozarella, and probably around 2-3 eggs)
Half a bagel with Jelly

Lunch:
Half cup of cooked egg noodles
A beef soup covering on them (had beef and a nice mushroom sauce)
Tofu with a sweet and sour sauce with broccoli and peppers
2oz Pastrami, 1oz Cheese on slice of marble rye

Dinner (directly after 90 minute swimming practice):
3oz Turkey breast
half sweet potato
2 florentine manicotti w/ basil alfredo
1/4 cup of mixed chopped carrots and peas
8oz Skim Milk

This is what I haven’t had in over two weeks but it was the thanksgiving meal for school and I felt like I could indulge a little just for having no sweets in the last two weeks so I had for desert:
2 gingerbread muffins (small little muffins, not the minis, but not regular muffins either.)

I realize I could have opted for no desert but yeah…haven’t had any sweets at all in two weeks and hey, it was “Thanksgiving”.

Also, how many calories would you say I need in a day to maintain added to 30-40 minutes walking (buildings are long and far apart on campus) and 90 minutes of swimming practice (I would say the difficulty is between moderate and intense and at times, also given that we are not swimming the ENTIRE 90 minutes but probably around 70 or so and treading water the other minutes listening to coach. )

I’m not telling you to get lost, but this IS a bodybuilding/strength community so you may get more useful information at a different site.

However, at your age and activity level I can’t imagine you eating too much unless you absolutely try. If I were you I would limit, but probably not completely eliminate junk and eat just about as much of anything else I wanted.

And what physique can you aspire for at 135?

Seriously.

You’re a stick. And THIS IS A BODYBUILDING FORUM.

Body BUILDING as in GETTING BIGGER. Not running until you look like you’re starving to death. If you want to know how to get ripped and damn strong this is the place to be.

Here are some skinny bitches you might fit in with: www.crossfit.com

Although the above post slanted, I’m going to have to say I agree. You’d think they would learn from the entrance page about what this site is about.

Friedrice, still afraid to actually eat any quantity of food I see.

I eat 5 jumbo eggs [25g fat, 40g pro] with two large wheat tortillas and a glass of oj. Rounds to about 900 cals. I’m 5’10 175 looking to GAIN. You should do the same.

You need to eat more often. You may need to cut down the volume, but you can probably burn just about anything off and not worry about it. Eat smaller meals more often.
The cleaner you keep your diet, the better it is for the big picture. Bread/bagels is crap unless it is some nutty ass whole wheat crap.

There is some reference on this site for you, but you have to understand it is primarily geared toward bodybuilding.

You need to do some leg work here and read for yourself to understand more what a good diet is.

get nutrient calculator to get calories of items:
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/srch/search.htm

Understand good eating:

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=291seven2

Good luck. You may want to find a site more dedicated to your goals.

Usually a cup of oatmeal, 1% milk 16oz, protien powder, 4 slices whole wheat with pb and fruit. Maybe I’ll eat a couple emo kids for variety once in a while.

I realize that you’re trying to be a cross country runner so you have to stay lean, but even Lance Armstrong is 5’9 and 160 lbs according to his bio, so I’m pretty sure you would be fine gaining twenty or so more pounds and still great at your chosen sport.

This guy’s posts now strike me as “troll work”. No one, without some serious mental illness, could continue writing like this. If he actually does have that much of a psychosis involving any weight gain at all, this site is not the place for him.

So why does he keeep typing even though he gets told this over and over?

Before his goal was to gain. Now it is to stay at 135lbs?

What will it be next week?

[quote]MODOK wrote:
I usually eat little 135 lb cross country runners…with a little salsa.[/quote]

Classic!!!

Good Call on the Troll alert. Skimmed a couple of his other posts. Keeps spewing the same shit over and over.

TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!

Stop feeding him fellas.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Friedrice, still afraid to actually eat any quantity of food I see.[/quote]

Its ironic how his name is fried rice too.

Aren’t I jist a ninny. I didn’t recognize his handle even though I posted in one of his other anorexic threads. No doubt about it. This guy is either really bored or is in need of help beyond the scope of an internet forum

[quote]Professor X wrote:
So why does he keeep typing even though he gets told this over and over?

Before his goal was to gain. Now it is to stay at 135lbs?[/quote]

In the off chance, very slim at that, that he isn’t just a troll… I’d imagine he wasn’t able to gain mass (no shit with the birdfood eating habits… ahahahha, I have to laugh, guilty confessions about eating a muffin or a dessert for fuck sakes) so of course the goal has changed to reflect the eating disorder.

http://www.eatbabies.com/

Didn’t read the thread, but here is my breakfast.
3 lrg omega eggs with added Lutein (1050 mg Omega 3, and 1050 mcg lutein)
4 lrg regular egg whites
Saut?ed (in 1 tbsp vegetable oil or canola oil):
4oz turkey sausage
1 oz chopped mushrooms
2 oz lrg white onion
1 oz roma tomato
2 oz chopped bell pepper
2 garlic cloves
Ginger
Dash salt
Dash pepper
Oatmeal Shake:
1 cup raw steel cut oats
3/4 cup mixed frozen fruit
1.5 cup water
Little honey
3 fish oil capsules
1 flax oil capsule
ter

Hey Friedrice, CATCH!

This dude’s got 91 posts, he’s probably not a troll. He still needs to go to crossfit though.

[quote]jbodzin wrote:
Hey Friedrice, CATCH!
[/quote]

That’s cold, but funny.