Breakfast Recommendations

Hey guys,

I’ve been a loyal T-magger for a few years now. I just haven’t exactly gotten my diet dialed in as well as I should and thanks to Biotest’s awesome supplements have even come a long way despite that.

One of the main things I never do that I should has been EAT BREAKFAST! I know, sounds easy enough…just eat breakfast. Well, I am in need of some ideas for easy breakfasts. I do manage to get down a Grow! shake in the morning which will now be new Micellar Casein Grow!.

I don’t really enjoy eating oatmeal. Would a serving of Grow! and a multi-grain english muffin with peanut butter be better than nothing? I have a hard time eating just after waking in the morning. I train at noon and usually eat before and after the gym. Does anyone have some tips on quick breakfast foods for me that I could even make while at my desk job? Thanks a bunch guys!

I used to be the same way, I never ate breakfast, the very thought of eating within about 2 hours of waking made me want to hurl(which is why I was a weak fat bastard). You just got to start slow. Try putting some oatmeal in the blender with some Grow!. Hell, if you are eating NOTHING, it doesn’t really matter what, even empty calories are better than none, not that donuts are the best option if you are working on that six pack but…

Since when is body building about doing things you only like? tough it out! I hated oatmeal at first but i’ve actually grown to like it. Try old fashioned oatmeal with some berries; tastes pretty good. If you really cannot eat anything drink a big shake. There are a couple articles with a bunch of shake recipes, try a search.

oatmeal yes those mcann’s irish steel cut oats are awesome ! quaker is not even close. don’t forget a bit of salt. its amazing how just enough brings out the sweetness of the grain. but leave it out and it totally sucks. i use 1/8 tsp. per cup of water. if you can taste the salt it’s too much. i also throw in fruit, berries, whatever i have. i like to cut apples thin and put on some almond or peanut butter then put another apple slice on top to make a sandwich. cut in 2 or 3 and toss em in the oatmeal.

if i don’t have time to eat or make oatmeal i’ll just go w/ the Grow! shake plus some yogurt 2 or three egg yolks and some udo’s oil. blend it up with a bit of water and some ice . sometimes i add ovaltine or malt powder.

why is it that some people can’t eat in the morning ? there must be a reason for the difference. personally i’m starved in the morning and can’t stop eating. wonder why …

This is kind of echoing was has already been said, but this is what I do:

1.5 cups water
1/2 cup oats
pinch sea salt
1/4 cup frozen berries

Bring all the ingredients to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about two minutes. Take off heat and mix in 2 scoops of grow. This may as well be a desert. You cannot taste the oats at all. You’ll also most likely look forward to eating it which will help with the morning-eating difficulty you are having.

Rim

I have never liked oatmeal either. What I do to make them edible is to mix in some cinnamon and maple syrup. I don’t really measure, but a little of both goes a long way. I realize that the syrup is basically candy and a lot of folks here would probably frown on the usage, but what the hell-it’s my body and its how I get my oats in.

DB

Anything is better than nothing. Start wherever you can (and see previous comment about eating shite you don’t want to… :slight_smile: ).

[quote]SGrim80 wrote:
Hey guys,

I’ve been a loyal T-magger for a few years now. I just haven’t exactly gotten my diet dialed in as well as I should and thanks to Biotest’s awesome supplements have even come a long way despite that.

One of the main things I never do that I should has been EAT BREAKFAST! I know, sounds easy enough…just eat breakfast. Well, I am in need of some ideas for easy breakfasts. I do manage to get down a Grow! shake in the morning which will now be new Micellar Casein Grow!.

I don’t really enjoy eating oatmeal. Would a serving of Grow! and a multi-grain english muffin with peanut butter be better than nothing? I have a hard time eating just after waking in the morning. I train at noon and usually eat before and after the gym. Does anyone have some tips on quick breakfast foods for me that I could even make while at my desk job? Thanks a bunch guys![/quote]

Buy Dr. Berardi’s book “Gourmet Nutrition”. It has a lot of breakfast recipes.

Thanks to everyone for providing me with some great info! I don’t know why I can’t eat in the morning either…if I even think of eating like up to 2 hours after waking i’ll puke. Another thing is I can’t drink plain water after waking, I get sick. Coffee or a Grow! shake is all. Strange huh? Do any of you guys make your oatmeal in the microwave?