T Nation

Breakfast on the Go

Any one have any good breakfasts on the go they wouldnt mind sharing? 3 times a week i have to go to a mandatory organized PT session (usually pushups, situps and a run…pretty much a waste of time) before going to work. the drive is too far to go home afterwards for breakfast and I’m looking for something other than shakes and bars, I like to start my day with real food.

Leftovers from dinner.

pre-peel your hard boiled eggs the night before and pre cook your oats and leave them in the fridge, heat and eat.

Metabolic Drive protein bars.

[quote]martyh wrote:
pre-peel your hard boiled eggs the night before and pre cook your oats and leave them in the fridge, heat and eat.[/quote]

there’s a good idea, thank you. Any one else got any tricks they use? i said i dont want bars and my dinner left overs are already lunch.

Do you have time to eat before you go and the problem is not being able to prepare something AND eat? Because then along with the hard boiled eggs and oats you can just make a variety of things at night and eat quickly in the morning.

Or you could make more transportation friendly meals, despite how much I hate eating and driving, like homemade egg mcmuffins without the trans and hydrogenated fats :stuck_out_tongue:

i could eat before i go, just means getting up earlier, but i dont really want a hearty breakfast sitting in my stomach for a 3-5 mile run.

that gave me an idea - i’ll play with making breakfast taco’s, i could make a whole bunch of eggs earlier in the week, then all i have to do is make the taco’s and wrap em in foil to go.

Boil some pasta the night before and makes some tomato sauce. Grill some chicken breast and mis the whole lot, whack it in a tupperware box and bingo.

All you need is a fork, well, not even if you’re that much in a rush.

You could even eat the pre boiled eggs on the side.

And if you’re realllllly in need of carbs att a oats+milk shake.

[quote]martyh wrote:
pre-peel your hard boiled eggs the night before and pre cook your oats and leave them in the fridge, heat and eat.[/quote]

After I peel them, I go one step further and pickle them. For me, pickling them means I drop them in a jar of boiled seasoned vinegar and onions that I keep in the fridge.

that packaged oatmeal… boil some water pour it in and you can take it with you, i usually have a nice bowl of that before school with a banana, granola bar w.e

[quote]mkelly wrote:
that packaged oatmeal… boil some water pour it in and you can take it with you, i usually have a nice bowl of that before school with a banana, granola bar w.e[/quote]

Better yet, cold oatmeal. In my fridge, next to the jar of pickled eggs, is a pyrex bowl full (2 cups dry) of steel cut oats soaked at least overnight with 16 ounces of vanilla Metabolic Drive, dried currants, shaved coconut, dried cranberries, slivered almonds, and whatever else is hanging around. No need to cook it. Spoon it out and its ready to eat with milk or yogurt and some fresh fruit.