Breakfast Ideas?

I’ve been eating a lot of homeade breakfast burritos lately.

Sometimes I’ll do bagel sandwiches. ( usually with those thin bagels as they better fit my macros )

Sometimes a nice steak is great for breakfast with some roasted potatoes.

If I’m low carbing it I generally stick to egg whites and some turkey sausage/bacon. Costo has this really good brand of turkey bacon that’s 6g of protein a slice and 2 fat.

Yep, and like Yogi was saying, “dinner” for breakfast or vice versa can be great. A big burger, especially with a sunny-side egg on top, can be awesome in the morning.

Legit breakfast tacos FTW. I found a brand of corn tortillas that’s 10g carbs each, so I’ve been having 3-4 with an over-easy egg in each, spoonful of salsa (just tomatoes, peppers, and onions, no sugar added), and a dash of hot sauce.

1 Like

I’ll probably be making breakfast tacos all next week. I’m thinking a runny egg ( maybe a poached egg ), some thin sliced marinated beef and salsa. Maybe some goat cheese

Annnd I’m hungry now lol.

1 Like

I did this, this morning. I found a Net 2 carb tortilla at Trader Joes. (Quite good!) I had that with 2 eggs, chorizo, avocado, TJ’s green spicy sauce, and cheese.

Ive switched from oats to oat bran recently having that with some chicken and egg whites each morning gets me through the workout and saves me some calories for nighttime feasting :slight_smile:

Are you hungry on a morning?
What are your goals?
What time of day do you train?

My favourite breakfast is very simple - whole eggs on toast!

It does change abit depending on what my goal is at the time and appetite etc, If I’m struggling with appetite I find whey shakes with oils/cereal/granola a better option or if I’m hungry then oats always seem to keep me fuller for longer.

@Chris_Colucci @dchris did these quick and dirty this morning.

50 protein, 31 carbs and 12 fat.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFtikazGcoc/

1 Like

Are we having a breakfast taco battle? Because I’m down. :slight_smile:

This morning: Steam-basted eggs, grilled onions, avocado, salsa.
Macros: Some protein, not many carbs, much fat.

3 Likes

It seems you eat onions like others eat cereal Mr. Colucci?!

1 Like

@Chris_Colucci it is on, sadly it’ll probably be next weekend before I cook breakfast again, all mine are currently pre-packed for the week and i’m out of town this weekend.

We shall have a taco duel!

1 Like

Another good breakfast idea is rice pudding or oatmeal pudding.

Protein powder + rice and some water.

Oatmeal with protein powder added in.

Both are relatively easy to eat while in transit and aren’t deplorable cold.

Leftover meat balls from last night, an egg, 1/4 avocado and 2 net carb tortilla.

1 Like

[quote=“outlaws, post:29, topic:217329, full:true”]
It seems you eat onions like others eat cereal Mr. Colucci?![/quote]
Ha, it would seem, but really not so much. Actually not a huge fan of onions in general, but they worked out pretty well. I threw some kinda-thick slices on the grill with dinner the other night and had some leftover, so I re-heated them in the pan and that was that.

[quote=“dchris, post:32, topic:217329”]
Leftover meat balls from last night[/quote]
Not gonna lie, I thought that was tuna salad at first, but I’m still just as confused. How did that Mexitalian taco turn out?

I would go for that, but might have to add an extra egg or two.
I like the avocado touch…

lol, I’m not one to take photos of my food to post to the whole world.

Everything tastes good as a taco. ha! You must not be from California.

Fitjoy or Finibar, a scoop of whey in coffee with a lil creamer, not many ideas, I train in the mornings so my breakfast is either 8oz top round and 300gr Jasmine rice or veggies

If I have time I like 5 eggs with spinach as an omelet with hot sauce, and a bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder mixed in it and glass of water.

Most times for quickness I like to drink 2 scoops Whey with whole wheat bagel + cream cheese. This is usually my post workout meal before heading to work on gym days. it’s quick, I get decent carbs, decent protein, and low fat for what it’s worth.

Otherwise, maybe a bowl of cereal, protein bar and water. Something along those lines…

If I have no choice and need to eat breakfast on the way to work, it’s usually dunking egg/cheese wake up wraps (2) with iced black coffee after a protein shake. OR egg white, cheese, spinach wrap from WAWA.

Love my kodiak protein pancakes with a couple of fried eggs and some turkey sausage. I mash up a banana in the mix with a scoop of vanilla protein powder. It’s so good I have to tell myself not to gobble it up too quickly.