T Nation

Breakfast Ideas

Looking for from fresh ideas for breakfast!

Getting a little tired of the 10 whites, 1 whole egg, and 1 cup of oatmeal.

What's your "typical" breakfast?

Please post macros and cals if you got them

My typical breakfast is 4-6 eggs which some cheddar cheese made on a bagel sandwich, a cup of oatmeal maybe with some honey and cinnamon for flavor and a cup of greek yogurt. On the weekends ill have some French toast or pancakes. You could try making an egg white omlette adding some chopped up peppers cheese tomato. As for macros and cals I don’t count them as I’m not really dieting just trying to eat a lot.

Have done it for years, all the variations with kale, peppers, spinach, onion, cheddar, mozzarella, tomato, Gouda, whatever.
Currently have been blending 5oz sweet potato with the eggs and a scoop if whey into pancake batter and grilling But that’s getting tired too.

2-3 Eggs
200g bok choy
Some celery, some green pepper
About 15-20ml of coconut oil to cook eggs in
FLAVOR WITH SPICES.

Protein shake made with one scoop of whey.

Break down:
350-500kcal, depending on how many eggs and how much coconut oil actually gets used by the body.
With 3 eggs: 43g of protein, 30g fat, maybe 10g of carb?

I don’t really track the calories because I eat mostly the same stuff all the time and just adjust based on what I have been eating that week and how I feel. And it’s eggs and green vegetables lol. Cut out an egg or lower the amount of oil if you need to cut calories.

• 5 whole eggs

-2 slices ezekiel bread with smart balance butter, (raisin ezekiel bread if I am getting crazy)

-homemade shake
-half cup oats
-1 cup pasteurized eggwhites (allwhites brand)
- 1 frozen banana
- 4 frozen strawberries
- frozen kale

5 whole eggs, 30 grams of protein
2 slices ezekiel bread, 36 carbs 8 grams protein, the only difference with the raisin bread is that it has 5 grams of sugar each piece
The cup of eggwhites is 26 grams of protein

I tracked the calories for the shake, I don’t remember off hand what they are, but it was good. Right now since I am on a deload week I am splitting the two up as two meals, but when I am going harder I wake up starving and usually eat it all at once and am good again three hours later. no need to eat a boring breakfast. Also it sounds dumb but make sure you freeze the fruit, it makes it a lot better

43 grams of protein with 3 eggs?? Ostrich eggs?

Coffee. Black.

[quote]tolismann wrote:
Coffee. Black.[/quote]

And a cigarette. 'Tis the French way.

Steak.

tweet

[quote]tolismann wrote:
Coffee. Black.[/quote]

x2

[quote]mwiersma wrote:

• 5 whole eggs

-2 slices ezekiel bread with smart balance butter, (raisin ezekiel bread if I am getting crazy)

-homemade shake
-half cup oats
- 1 frozen banana
- 4 frozen strawberries
- frozen kale

2 slices ezekiel bread, 36 carbs 8 grams protein, the only difference with the raisin bread is that it has 5 grams of sugar each piece

I tracked the calories for the shake, I don’t remember off hand what they are, but it was good. Right now since I am on a deload week I am splitting the two up as two meals, but when I am going harder I wake up starving and usually eat it all at once and am good again three hours later. no need to eat a boring breakfast. Also it sounds dumb but make sure you freeze the fruit, it makes it a lot better[/quote]

I love that cinn raisin ezekiel. 4 slices every morning with 6 eggs & a cup of egg beats mixed in. So good.

[quote]mwiersma wrote:

43 grams of protein with 3 eggs?? Ostrich eggs? [/quote]

Meant including the shake. Poor writing on my part.

This morning I had pussy and then a shake on my drive to work. Fantastic

[quote]Jbott1988 wrote:
Looking for from fresh ideas for breakfast!

Getting a little tired of the 10 whites, 1 whole egg, and 1 cup of oatmeal.[/quote]
Does your breakfast have to be low fat and mostly protein and carbs?

Protein shake and toast with butter/peanut butter? Make the egg whites and oatmeal (or some kind of flour) into pancake/waffle mix? Fruit and a shake in milk?

Lately it’s been four whole eggs, usually steam basted (love it!) with a big fistful of vegetables on the side, usually leftovers from the night before (most often Swiss chard with garlic, peppers and onions, broccoli, or spinach).

1 cup Oatmeal
4 whole Jumbo Eggs
8 Jumbo Egg Whites
1 cup Blue Berries
1 serving Vanilla Whey
Splenda as needed

Cook the Oatmeal in pan once oatmeal is done keep medium heat. Add the Eggs to same pan and mix all around Eggs will cook takes about 2-3 mins will change the texture of the oatmeal to where its not so thick.

Turn heat on low add Vanilla Whey Protein stir until completely gone. Pull off heat add the cup of frozen Blue Berries and mix. Will cool the Oatmeal and give a cool mix of textures. Enjoy. Sounds horrible on paper not bad at all though easiest and fastest way I have ever eaten Oatmeal besides in a shake.

100g/400 calories Protein
80g/320 calories Carbs
27g/243 calories Fat
Calories total- 963

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:
This morning I had pussy and then a shake on my drive to work. Fantastic [/quote]

I’ve heard this pretty low carb and great for cutting.

[quote]Sutebun wrote:

[quote]mwiersma wrote:

43 grams of protein with 3 eggs?? Ostrich eggs? [/quote]

Meant including the shake. Poor writing on my part.
[/quote]

oh haha! I was going to say, where can I find them

[quote]aspengc8 wrote:

[quote]mwiersma wrote:

• 5 whole eggs

-homemade shake
-half cup oats
- 1 frozen banana
- 4 frozen strawberries
- frozen kale

I tracked the calories for the shake, I don’t remember off hand what they are, but it was good. Right now since I am on a deload week I am splitting the two up as two meals, but when I am going harder I wake up starving and usually eat it all at once and am good again three hours later. no need to eat a boring breakfast. Also it sounds dumb but make sure you freeze the fruit, it makes it a lot better[/quote]

I love that cinn raisin ezekiel. 4 slices every morning with 6 eggs & a cup of egg beats mixed in. So good.[/quote]

I know man it is a hidden gem! It is expensive most places but if you live near a trader joes it is cheaper there than anywhere else. Also with the other kinds of ezekial bread

200g kellogs coco pops, 1 litre of whole milk. ~45g protein, ~230g carbs, about ~40gr fats. If I have bacon strips ready in the fridge, I might eat a couple, but when I am bulking this is my breakfast. Total a little less than 1500 calories.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]tolismann wrote:
Coffee. Black.[/quote]

x2[/quote]

x3