Breakfast Cereals

Ok, SO i live in rez at university and eat at a caf (usually a pretty healhty place to eat) but for breakfast the cereal line-up is sometimes weak. EITHER than the usual oatmeal, cream of wheat, red river grain cereal, what manufactured cereal would you guys recommend. All bran? Mueslix? (my fav but how healthy is it really…) VECTOR?

Thoughts on a good breakfast cereal would be good because right now by b-fast is 1 banana, protein shake, 3 eggs (yolks to), oatmeal/cream of wheat, low fat yogurt and pineaple. Suggestions!

Good and breakfast cerael really dont belong in the same sentence IMO. they do have a place PWO though for FAST carbs if you like.

Fiber one and All bran are the best of the worst. Oatmeal is AWESOME.
Do a search there have been atleat two threads the past week on cereals.

Hope that helps,
Phill

it looks like your current breakfast kicks the ass of any cereal. I like to eat eggs, cheese, and toast for a nice little start to my days (or wrap it up in a tortilla with some sausage) and have some yogurt too. That first meal is SOOO important.

If I’m in a pinch sometimes I’ll hit up 1.5 scoops of Grow! and some milk or cream and water (for the added calories).

Learn to love oatmeal. No processed cereals really compare - if they’re good for you, they taste terrible. I will, however, pre-workout eat a bowl of Raisin Bran w/ skim.

Can you give me ONE reason to NOT eat eggs for breakfast??? I mean a GOOD reason.

TNT

Damn. So I’ve been eating special k for nothing?

[quote]Lucky_latina wrote:
Damn. So I’ve been eating special k for nothing?[/quote]

Actually Special K is one of the Worst as far as being processed and High in GI,II and GL. It make you have one HELL of a whack in insulin.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Lucky_latina wrote:
Damn. So I’ve been eating special k for nothing?

Actually Special K is one of the Worst as far as being processed and High in GI,II and GL. It make you have one HELL of a whack in insulin.

[/quote]

Since reading things on this site, I’ve discovered I have being sooooooooooo many things wrong! No wonder it’s taking forever to get any kind of results. Now I know, no Special K.