BREAD

You guys that are eating spelt bread, do you make this yourself? Also, have you tried Kamut (Egyptian wheat)?

basically, in order to achieve 6 meals a day, one must look forward to their next meal…the normal white bread being simple carbs are best taken at times like breakfast, pre and post workout…however for post workout becareful do not overdo the carb intake…try checking the optimal amount of carbs you need after a workout…for the other meals try to consume complex carbs and shut out carbs 3 hours before sleep… give it a try and figure out how your body works.

I don’t try to eat the burger with lettuce and tomato wrapped around it. I just put on a nice piece of chedder cheese and some mustard. I’ll eat a salad on the side (spring greens, tomatoes, etc) as well as another vegetable like asparagus, brocolli or spinach. If you don’t mind being messy, I guess you could go ahead and load up the burger with lettuce, tomato, etc., and then just try to hold it together or try the lettuce wrap method.

I buy my spelt bread from my local health food store. I have not tried kamut bread, nor have I seen it in this particular store (which carries a pretty good variety of “rare” breads).

So Nate it sounds like you eat your meat like a steak. Sounds pretty good, that’s how I do it. Steve I am considering getting a grain mill and a bread maker. Though the combo of both of them carries a heavy price tag. But with a grain mill you can throw your own grain in and make some bread. Hopefully I can figure out how to make a subway type bun that I can load with all sorts of nice things. There are times when I’m remote that having a sandwich would be optimal to get all the right food in, though getting around the whole store bought bread thing has been a challenge, but with a grain mill and a breadmaker I might be able to get around this challenge. Though I still need to do some more research on what the effects of yeast are, and I don’t think that it’s possible to make bread without yeast.

The primaray carb source in bread is glucose, correct? I usually eat bread (12-grain) with honey for breakfast.

As John Roman expressed so well in an earlier post, keep the bread to a minimum. Most of the time, it’s just to EASY to consume bread. You just take it out of the bag/wrapper, and it’s ready to go. Make the time, and prepare your veggies in advance. There are so many choices to choose from. Stick with your oatmeal (plain), greens and beans with a few potatoes thrown in there every now and then. You will drop the fat and keep the strength!