Bread Nutrition?

Hey guys,

I was wondering what your views are on including bread/toast for breakfast and during-the-day snacks for someone looking to grow a lot.

Is it generally, a bad choice of food? Or does, say brown bread, have its place? I’m about 145-47lb, and need to eat a lot during the day to put on some mass. This, and given that my budget is running super-fucking-incredibly low, I see it as a cheap vehicle to put peanut butter, or eggs, or cottage cheese on.

Any others who include it in their diet? Anything wrong/right with it?

Would greatly appreciate the help!

MP.

I eat bread. No harm here. Im curious though, whats brown bread?

I eat toast every morning with butter and jelly along with protein obviously

And I’ll usually have another 4 slices through the rest of the day.

if your 145 i’m assuming that you just need to eat; bread included.

you might not want to have it as a night time thing though.

keep your carbs from grains in the first 1/2 to 3/4 of your day.

Good! As I get through a bit already. When I said brown bread I meant wholemeal.

Also thanks for the heads up on timing carb intake!

Bread is good if you are gaining mass, but go for whole grain and not the brown-colored substitute for white bread that parades as “wheat bread”.

Bread is good. Especially if you are trying to add size.

I only eat Ezkiel breads. They are made of organic sprouted whole grains and it’s actually a complete protein. Check them out here.

[quote]Joebob wrote:

I only eat Ezkiel breads. They are made of organic sprouted whole grains and it’s actually a complete protein. Check them out here.

[/quote]

x2 for Ezkiel bread. I try to buy it when I can.

[quote]Joebob wrote:

[/quote]

I’m assuming that Ezkiel breads are US? I’m in the UK; I don’t suppose you know about any substitutes? In any case, I think I’ve got a decent loaf (sounds wrong, I know) and thanks for the advice.

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:
Joebob wrote:

I’m assuming that Ezkiel breads are US? I’m in the UK; I don’t suppose you know about any substitutes? In any case, I think I’ve got a decent loaf (sounds wrong, I know) and thanks for the advice.[/quote]

LOL @ decent loaf

Yeah I doubt it is sold in the UK. Any whole grain bread should work for you.

[quote]elusive wrote:
Joebob wrote:

x2 for Ezkiel bread. I try to buy it when I can. [/quote]

I have a killer recipe for high protein french toast with the Ezekiel Raisin bread.

9 egg whites
1 scoop vanilla MD or vanilla whey
1/4 cup skim milk
half loaf of Ezekiel raisin bread. You could use 100% whole grain bread too.
cinnamon

Spray and preheat your pan on medium heat
Mix the milk and protein powder with fork until completely dissolved.
Add the egg whites to the mix and stir until smooth.

Soak a slice of bread until it cannot absorb any more of the mix, coat with cinnamon and fry it to a golden brown on each side.

Top with a little sugar free maple syrup.

This is killer stuff!!!

Also as far as “brown bread” goes…read the ingredients too.

I found out a few months ago that just b/c it says “whole grain” doesn’t mean that is is good for you.

Actually, I found out that MANY “whole grain” breads have HFCS in them. Keep an eye out for that.

I really wish I had access to this Ezekial bread or whatver…it sounds fantastic.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
Also as far as “brown bread” goes…read the ingredients too.

I found out a few months ago that just b/c it says “whole grain” doesn’t mean that is is good for you.

Actually, I found out that MANY “whole grain” breads have HFCS in them. Keep an eye out for that.

I really wish I had access to this Ezekial bread or whatver…it sounds fantastic.[/quote]

They have a store locator on their website.

Check your grocers freezer section. It is sold frozen. You might not know it’s there.

I agree on Ezekiel bread, it is great stuff. This week I made breakfast burritos with Ezekiel tortillas, and their cold cereal is good too.

[quote]Joebob wrote:

[/quote]

Thank you sir. Found your post very helpfull. I will be purchasing there bread soon.

[quote]Pistol Pete wrote:
Joebob wrote:

Thank you sir. Found your post very helpfull. I will be purchasing there bread soon.[/quote]

No problem.

If you are eating regular breads it might take a little while to get used to the taste and texture of the ezekiel products. They’re a little earthy lol. Good stuff though.