T Nation

Brandon Lilly Injury

Per the JTS face book page…

Brandon Lilly will undergo surgery this morning to repair meniscus, patella tendon and quad tendon tears in both legs, as well as an ACL tear and totally fractured (like in 2 very distinct pieces) patella in the left leg.

If this injury had happened to just about anyone else, I would think their lifting career is done, but I am supremely confident that Brandon will rise to another level. This is the first part of what will be an amazing comeback story.

Brandon’s spirits are quite high considering all things, but would certainly appreciate any Instagram posts or videos using #365strong. Find him at @BrandonLilly3 and us at @JuggernautTraining.

Brandon Lilly will be back and stronger than ever. No Doubt!! #aintnobitch

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:
Per the JTS face book page…

Brandon Lilly will undergo surgery this morning to repair meniscus, patella tendon and quad tendon tears in both legs, as well as an ACL tear and totally fractured (like in 2 very distinct pieces) patella in the left leg.

If this injury had happened to just about anyone else, I would think their lifting career is done, but I am supremely confident that Brandon will rise to another level. This is the first part of what will be an amazing comeback story.

Brandon’s spirits are quite high considering all things, but would certainly appreciate any Instagram posts or videos using #365strong. Find him at @BrandonLilly3 and us at @JuggernautTraining.

Brandon Lilly will be back and stronger than ever. No Doubt!! #aintnobitch[/quote]

Holy fuck that’s gruesome. Although pretty tough, I wish him the best and fastest recovery possible.

roids.

Uh, how’d that happen?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Uh, how’d that happen?[/quote]

Video will make you cringe but here it is…

“Brandon was competing at the USPA American Cup at the LA Fit Expo when he injured his knee during his 3rd squat attempt of 744 Lb in sleeves,” this past weekend - lift.net

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Uh, how’d that happen?[/quote]

Video will make you cringe but here it is…

[/quote]

Damn, that was gnarley. Looks like his left knee just gave. If that injury list was accurate, he’s got a long road ahead of him. Hope he’s o.k.

Thanks for ruining my entire day. I saw the video thought it was pretty bad but shit that is awful.

I hope we can all learn from this. NEVER listen to Nickelback while your lifting or competing.

Ohh nooo… best of luck on recovery. Welp down to Ben Rice n Chris Duffin vids.

I hope he hits his 600lb bench press at least. It turns my stomach to see this happen to Brandon, but this probably ends his career as a full meet lifter. I just hope I’m wrong.

thats just aweful… if the injury is correct as said above thats a lot of damage. Just recovery from ACL can be a long road. If the patella is a complete fracture i would assume that is plate and screws to repair. what an aweful injury.

awful that. I bet he was in some pain, If another video shows up of the actual accident i’m not sure I’ll be able to watch it. Hope he makes a fast recovery.

[quote]csulli wrote:
I hope he hits his 600lb bench press at least. It turns my stomach to see this happen to Brandon, but this probably ends his career as a full meet lifter. I just hope I’m wrong.[/quote]

Not necessarily. It will take a long time (a rough estimate is about 2 years) to get to this level again, but not at all impossible. If it is smart to do it though (in terms of longevity not in powerlifting but in life in general) is another thing.

What’s with the facebook drama?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/58438_712900215410728_1203643897_n.jpg

[quote]BostjanBavcon wrote:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/58438_712900215410728_1203643897_n.jpg[/quote]

Looks like his insurance denied coverage because he was competing as a professional athlete, so CWS set up a fund to help with his medical expenses. Guess Mrs. Green takes issue with that.

[quote]grettiron wrote:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/58438_712900215410728_1203643897_n.jpg[/quote]

Looks like his insurance denied coverage because he was competing as a professional athlete, so CWS set up a fund to help with his medical expenses. Guess Mrs. Green takes issue with that.[/quote]

Didn’t realize that was a grounds for denying coverage.

The amount of popcorn eaten…

[quote]grettiron wrote:

Looks like his insurance denied coverage because he was competing as a professional athlete, so CWS set up a fund to help with his medical expenses. Guess Mrs. Green takes issue with that.[/quote]

That’s fucked up (about his insurance). I also have now lost ALL respect towards Dan Green. I know that his wife said this but nevertheless. That was the most stupid thing I have read all month.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]grettiron wrote:

That’s fucked up (about his insurance). I also have now lost ALL respect towards Dan Green. I know that his wife said this but nevertheless. That was the most stupid thing I have read all month.[/quote]
That is very immature of you. Don’t judge people on the actions of others, no matter how close. I suspect Dan Green would rather she just stayed out of it.