Brandon Curry Improvements

I knew he had a great build, but with progress like this, he’ll do very well in the future.

EDIT: Anyone have any pics from when he used to post around here?

Lol, people will probably be shocked because they’re not used to others actually making noticeable progress…

Shame that he doesn’t post here anymore…

[quote]elusive wrote:
I knew he had a great build, but with progress like this, he’ll do very well in the future.

EDIT: Anyone have any pics from when he used to post around here?[/quote]

The old thread should still be there, I think it was called “Grateful” ?

I’ve ever even heard of him…but the thought of there being dip-shit “nay-sayers” against someone who looks like that and CONTINUES to make gains is retarded. Yeah it’s too bad more people like him don’t post here.

nay-sayers on this website sometimes = retards

He definitely made some improvements but that IS a different angle it looks like.

Impressive!

[quote]Brendan Ryan wrote:
He definitely made some improvements but that IS a different angle it looks like.[/quote]

What is your point?

It’s obvious that he’s made significant improvement on an already great physique. Hell, you would be able to tell this from a satellite image.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
What is your point?

It’s obvious that he’s made significant improvement on an already great physique. Hell, you would be able to tell this from a satellite image.[/quote]

Not only that but the angle really isn’t all that different. lol

I don’t read this (Bodybuilding) forum too often – my training focus is different (though I have picked up a few things here, and still like to follow bodybuilding now and then).

Still, I’m surprised that Brandon Curry (“Gifted,” right?) was “shunned away” by anyone here – not only because he’s got a good, high level physique but because he always came across, to me at least, as a nice guy. Genuine, forthcoming, all that.

Forgive me if I missed something – and I don’t want to detract from this thread – but what exactly happened?

Incidentally, I tried to find a couple of good, dated pics in similar poses for comparison, but didn’t. I did find pics of both Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler mislabeled at being of Brandon Curry, which reaffirms my faith in the internet as a research tool.

Huge difference. What a freak!!

[quote]Feist wrote:
I don’t read this (Bodybuilding) forum too often – my training focus is different (though I have picked up a few things here, and still like to follow bodybuilding now and then).

Still, I’m surprised that Brandon Curry (“Gifted,” right?) was “shunned away” by anyone here – not only because he’s got a good, high level physique but because he always came across, to me at least, as a nice guy. Genuine, forthcoming, all that.

Forgive me if I missed something – and I don’t want to detract from this thread – but what exactly happened?

Incidentally, I tried to find a couple of good, dated pics in similar poses for comparison, but didn’t. I did find pics of both Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler mislabeled at being of Brandon Curry, which reaffirms my faith in the internet as a research tool.[/quote]

You can find the old thread, I’m not sure if it’s the one I posted before…
Just look for Gifted! 's profile and check his posts or something, or try your luck with search…

People didn’t believe that the pics were of him, they thought that he’d photoshopped his head on etc… He also didn’t take training as seriously back then as he does now, so you can guess people’s general reaction.

Holy lat spread Batman!

I suggest we round up the naysayers and shoot them.

The improvement in his back is absolutely sick!! A true shame that unwanted members here managed to shoo someone of any significance away.

[quote]Bona wrote:
The improvement in his back is absolutely sick!! A true shame that unwanted members here managed to shoo someone of any significance away.[/quote]

There’s more of those morons in “Beginners” now, telling people to avoid curling at all cost.

That “post weight and arm measurements” thread should have been a wake-up call for people…

And yeah, his improvements kick some major ass. Hope to see him in the olympia line-up sometime…

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Bona wrote:
The improvement in his back is absolutely sick!! A true shame that unwanted members here managed to shoo someone of any significance away.

There’s more of those morons in “Beginners” now, telling people to avoid curling at all cost.

That “post weight and arm measurements” thread should have been a wake-up call for people…

And yeah, his improvements kick some major ass. Hope to see him in the olympia line-up sometime…[/quote]

It should have been a wake up call but it wasn’t. You have people who haven’t even gone to college trying to diagnose scoliosis and “insulin sensitivity” and people with arms all of 15" telling beginners how to train.

This site is ass backwards.

The sad thing is, there are other sites even worse.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/please_critique_my_routine_1?pageNo=0#2452369
Just look at that…

And people wonder why experienced lifters sometimes suffer from high blood pressure…

It ain’t the weights or the diet, it’s the kids wo’ve been training all of 6 months and argue against splits and curls…

Some searching yielded the following “Gifted” threads, from 2003 and 2007 respectively:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=309338

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1429156

I followed the 2007 thread (when he was about to try for his pro card) when it came out. Read the 2003 thread for the first time just now. With a few exceptions – and some digressions into football recruiting and race/sports politics – the responses in the first thread didn’t seem that horrible: some bullshit, some static, and understandable calls for substantiation. Brandon made several replies to his detractors – and to his credit never got mired down in a negative tone or sucked into pointless arguments – but he also never posted the pics he said were forthcoming in that thread. He didn’t seem super focused – at least on diet and bodybuilding training – back then, but he was also a young guy and finding, it seemed, what he wanted to do. At least he was up front about it. I don’t know if he was so much scared away as found other stuff to do with his time. Or maybe he just figured he’d wait until he had substantial, unambiguous progress to show everyone.

At any rate, he certainly had that in his 2007 thread – and the responses there were uniformly positive (that was the first thread I read, which is why I didn’t understand the “scared off” thing). He also seems to have matured as a person. Why he isn’t posting now – contract or whatnot – I don’t know, but it looks like he’s made substantial progress still in this last year.

He is huge. I want bac k like that.

The lat spread is massive. Too basd he ralized how many NEWSB are here recommending full body workouts as the end all be all of bodybuilding… I hate them.

Yea - this guy is awesome. I remember those threads - nice to see him having come so far. I’ll definitely be following his pro career.

Oh, and diagnosing gyno and scoliosis over the Internet - the favorite pass-time of total morons…

[quote]Alquemist wrote:
He is huge. I want bac k like that.
[/quote]

i would be very happy to have a back like his from the first picture, let alone the second.