T Nation

Brandon Cass 920@220 Deadlift


#1

Is this real life


#2

It seems like all of Josh Bryant’s updates are like that, his clients are ridiculous! Everyone deadlifts 800 and benches 500 minimum! Makes me want to move to Texas…


#3

Wtf looked easy and dude looks small as hell…I know size doent matter to a point in powerlifting but andy Bolton is a giant and 1000 at 3plus bw is incredible but this is sick?And raw?I dont even know if I believe it incredible


#4

The fact that he just pulled 900 a little while ago makes this even crazier.


#5

This is incredible! Dude needs to get in a meet and break Coan’s record.


#6

Seems like you guys don’t know who Brandon Cass is…he’s been in the high 800’s at 220 for quite some time. Pound for pound the best DL out there today. It was just a matter of time before he broke 900+


#7

[quote]Antman517 wrote:
Seems like you guys don’t know who Brandon Cass is…he’s been in the high 800’s at 220 for quite some time. Pound for pound the best DL out there today. It was just a matter of time before he broke 900+[/quote]
Great deadlifter sure but I think Andrey Belyaev and Richard Hawthorne among a couple others would argue the “Pound for pound the best DL out there” claim


#8

Yeah, they are really close when you do the math. I didn’t realize Andrey was that light.


#9

But how crazy to lift 19lbs more than the world record in a training lift. Is he planning to break Coan’s 901 record in a meet soon to make it official?


#10

Does he actually walk around at 220? If so, he could reasonably pull 900+ in a meet as a 198.


#11

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Does he actually walk around at 220? If so, he could reasonably pull 900+ in a meet as a 198.[/quote]

He’ll have to pull 900+ in a meet first.


#12

[quote]BCpowder wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Does he actually walk around at 220? If so, he could reasonably pull 900+ in a meet as a 198.[/quote]

He’ll have to pull 900+ in a meet first. [/quote]

Oh absolutely. I’m just in awe of the potential there.

But you’re right. There are very few PL records out there as old as Coan’s 220 deadlift. So that will be a hell of an accomplishment if he gets that, and obviously that’s not a given.