T Nation

Brand New to Training

Hi, I have a friend who is a beginner and has never lifted before. I could just google and find him a problem but I really value your expertise and want him to get started in the right direction. Could you recommend some tips or any workout programs you've made that would suit him? He is just looking to get stronger and bigger. Hes 6'1 175 never played any sports. He already has his macros figured out and just needs a program/ some tips

[quote]seank22 wrote:
Hi, I have a friend who is a beginner and has never lifted before. I could just google and find him a problem but I really value your expertise and want him to get started in the right direction. Could you recommend some tips or any workout programs you’ve made that would suit him? He is just looking to get stronger and bigger. Hes 6’1 175 never played any sports. He already has his macros figured out and just needs a program/ some tips[/quote]

I’ve never written a beginner program only. Really at this stage he should simply et into the habit or training and learn the big basics. So something like Starting Strength by Rippetoe might work well.