Brand Name Organic

I don’t know about the rest of T-Nation, but for me, when I can afford it, organic food is the way to go.

Ain’t nothing better than chompin down on a big fat organic fuji apple. I mean compare that to what they sell at the supermarket…like wtf happened to Red Delicious apples in the last decade??? do they taste like cardboard to any one else??? they used to be good when I was a kid, but it seems all that genetic modification f’d em up over the years.

As result of this divergence of quality between GMO(gen modified) and organic foods, the organic market surged! But now big chains have taken note and want some profit(like Safeway with their very own “O Organics” brand) They manage to carry great quality products now for a bit cheaper than at the local organic stores (I’ve tried many of the products)

I really don’t care about being loyal to the old organic sellers, and I’m stoked that they are mass producing health in America finally, instead of mass producing poison!!

For instance, now they’ve got a cheap peanut butter w/out transfat, bread with less than 30 ingredients, dairy and chicken without hormones pumped in, and frozen berries(on the “Dirty Dozen” list) which aren’t coated in pesticides before freezing (mmmm shakes w/out pesticide flavor)

Yup organic can be great IF from a local grower but much of the organic they report comes from other countries which isnt bad except the nutrient loses due to the LONG travel ext. Best if you get produce from a local farmers market etc… Organic or not.

Sure is better quality.
Red organic apples do taste so much better too.I was thinking the exact same thing about the grannysmith apples.
They used to taste great and be great for apple pies on Christmas,but now they taste like paper.
Safeway is now selling free-range/organic chicken,which tastes great. I think this stuff is great and the organic market has gone up because people wanna stay away from the processed man-made juck food.
Watchout for the copy cats,though.
Now many companies are jumping on the wagon and calling everything “all natural”. 7 UP,for example,just listed that they now have “all natural ingredients” and on TV commercials shows them picking the 7 up cans off of trees like apples.I then go back to the store and see "high fructose corn syrup listed on the back!!!
Anything that can bring them money folks.

To be honest, I dont believe in the whole hype of organic, if its the same price or cheaper I will buy it, but not cuz its organic. I do actually really like organic shreddies, they taste different, and kicking horse coffee is pretty darn good too, but I refuse to spend an outrageous amount for organic, its a business, a profitable one.

i usually only buy organic fruit. It just tastes so much better, and really is not THAT much more expensive. I’d rather enojy what I’m eating, especailly on a clean bulk, like Shugart suggests, when I’ve got to eat lots of it.

You may not believe in it,but it’s anything but a trend or hype.
Organic has been around for some time now.
If you look on the back of organic cheese and regular you’ll see it right there.No perservatives or coloring,or hormones…nothing.This is very important to human health,even if people wanna ignore it or not.

Maybe you need to read up on how dangerous growth hormones really are and how food companies put crap in their foods to make you hungry.
I don’t trust major food chains and thats why I eat 100% organic.Wow,organic milk is 50 cents more.Big deal.
Your medical bills will be a lot more!

[quote]mike08042 wrote:
To be honest, I dont believe in the whole hype of organic, if its the same price or cheaper I will buy it, but not cuz its organic. I do actually really like organic shreddies, they taste different, and kicking horse coffee is pretty darn good too, but I refuse to spend an outrageous amount for organic, its a business, a profitable one. [/quote]