Branch Warren's Wisdom

So litteraly few minutes ago I stumbled upon this: “We all make our best gains in our late teens and early twenties, so make sure and capitalize on what is literally a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity” - Branch Warren

What you guys think about it?

lol.

Dammit, and here I was about to wait until I turned 30 before I started pushing myself. Thanks

branch warren has the most fucked up looking head ive ever seen

and now i know why…he’s packed with wisdom.

It might be captain obvious, but as 20 year old with still so much to gain, I find it hard enough as it is to gain muscle, so I do intend “take advantage” and to be a lot closer to my potential by my mid-20s. As PX has said “how much time do you think you have?”, great quote for me personally anyway…

That’s not to be say it can’t be done in a huge way regardless of age… but that’s not the point of the quote.

That chances are I will be able to beat the shit out of my body when I’m 20 and recover quicker than I will be able to when I’m 30. But really who cares what people think about it?

In terms of your hormone levels, ability to recover from a beating as well as injuries, and overall eagerness, sure, at an earlier age you have the edge there.

In terms of actually having acquired patience, discipline and knowledge necessary to truly achieve physique goals despite the inevitable declination of naturally produced hormones, and increased time needed for recovery and injury healing, then you’ve got to give the nod to those in their 30’s.

Is building a big, strong and lean physique rocket science? Nope, but it’s also not eat as much as you can until you get sick and down as many supplements as you can afford while spending as much time in the gym as you can either -lol.

I have a feeling that Branch is making his assessment in terms of the only criteria being discussed were hormone levels, and in that case, it is the time to really try and do everything correctly.

S

Branch is correct… assuming the young lifter is doing everything correctly.

Like Stu said, maturity comes with age, and along with that come the other factors that prompt progress.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
branch warren has the most fucked up looking head ive ever seen

and now i know why…he’s packed with wisdom.[/quote]

LOL!

In my opinion, Branch’s entire physique looks fucked up - like a mishmash of parts thrown together.
If he ever wins the Olympia, I’m never watching it again… or everyone else came in in such shit shape.

Obviously true. We can’t all be SteelyD.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
In terms of your hormone levels, ability to recover from a beating as well as injuries, and overall eagerness, sure, at an earlier age you have the edge there.

In terms of actually having acquired patience, discipline and knowledge necessary to truly achieve physique goals despite the inevitable declination of naturally produced hormones, and increased time needed for recovery and injury healing, then you’ve got to give the nod to those in their 30’s.

Is building a big, strong and lean physique rocket science? Nope, but it’s also not eat as much as you can until you get sick and down as many supplements as you can afford while spending as much time in the gym as you can either -lol.

I have a feeling that Branch is making his assessment in terms of the only criteria being discussed were hormone levels, and in that case, it is the time to really try and do everything correctly.

S[/quote]

You know this reminds me of how i mentioned that most of the top guys in the IFBB seem to peak when they are between 35-40. Stu do you feel they can only do this because of the drugs which can offset the decline of hormones? Or do you feel that most of the top natural guys look their best between 35-40 as well? Interested in your thoughts on this matter.