Branch Warren Vid

Something hardcore about this vid…and I love the way the other guy throws shit around. The chain dips were cool too >_>

Watching Branch Warren working out was cool. Watching his training partner throw shit all over the place like an oaf, not so cool.

His form is ridiculous. It’s obviously working for him, but I’ve never seen anyone lift like that.

Like you said, at a certain point I think you have to go with what works for you/meets your goals.

His workout (what little I saw) seemed geared around keeping continuous tension on the muscle with as heavy a weight as possible. It looks a little funky, sure, but when you’re that fucking big, who’s going to argue?

[quote]LUEshi wrote:

Like you said, at a certain point I think you have to go with what works for you/meets your goals.

His workout (what little I saw) seemed geared around keeping continuous tension on the muscle with as heavy a weight as possible. It looks a little funky, sure, but when you’re that fucking big, who’s going to argue?[/quote]

I noticed that he very rarely locked out the weight, which would maintain constant tension. So a combination of heavy weights and constant tension is what he must be going for. I’ll have to keep that in mind if I ever get into bodybuilding.

That other guy throwing the weights around bugged the crap out of me. If he’s such a bad-ass, why can’t he exert himself enough to move the equipment properly? Lazy jerk.

[quote]dragonmamma wrote:
That other guy throwing the weights around bugged the crap out of me. If he’s such a bad-ass, why can’t he exert himself enough to move the equipment properly? Lazy jerk.[/quote]

Yeah, total toolbag. I really don’t have any issues with the actual training. I’m sure I could pick it apart if I HAD to but why? They’re both busting thier asses and I like that.

But throwing bars and dropped plates bouncing everywhere? I wish that 45 that bounced between his legs had landed on his toes then bounced up into his balls and he cried like a baby on camera.

It’s possible to be hardcore without being a douchebag.

Because throwing heavy shit around and watching it clatter is nourishing to the soul.

Until you drop a plate on your foot. Then it just hurts like fuck.

Seriously, I LONG to (a) have enough room in my home gym to throw shit around like that, or (b) go to a gym where you can get away with stuff like that.

Constant tension to me is 45-60 seconds. Most of his sets lasted 5-10 secs. I got more out of watching Zane, Nick JONES and Arnold train.

Yeah BRANCH is massive and I’m sure his steroid bill is as well. And yes its obvious that he’s bigger than 99% percent of the population.

My impression of Branch training was 2 apes in a cage fighting over 200kgs of banana’s.

[quote]Alphaboy wrote:

Yeah BRANCH is massive and I’m sure his steroid bill is as well. And yes its obvious that he’s bigger than 99% percent of the population.

My impression of Branch training was 2 apes in a cage fighting over 200kgs of banana’s. [/quote]

Here we go with this again. There are plenty of bros out there taking buckets of steroids. Very, very few of them will ever reach the level of development Branch Warren has attained. It takes a helluva lot more than steroids to get that.

It seems like in almost any video I have ever seen of the top bodybuilders that there is less attention to form and more attention to pushing some heavy-ass weight. And it seems like every time one of these videos pops up there is a brigade of guys nowhere near as big who either pick apart that bb’s form or claim that all of that muscle is the result of steroids.

I will reiterate that the throwing shit around was obviously for the purpose of looking “hardcore” on video, but doesn’t do much other than make them both look like imbeciles.

However, both of them seem to have a pretty good idea of what works, too.

what the hell is cool about that, some freak with shitty form, having his little peons through weights around because they are too lazy, or obviously too cool to re-rack them, and you wonder why more and more gyms are getting rid of their squat racks. Its shit heads like this that are making it harder for the rest of us.

Although he looks like a moron throwing the bars and weights all over the place, they are allowed to do that at Metroflex, which is where this was shot, I believe. I’m not condoning it…just saying that it’s okay at that particular gym.

If I’m not mistaken, the only rule there is that you can’t spit in the water fountain. Other than that, they’re cool with whatever you want to do.

[quote]mapwhap wrote:
Although he looks like a moron throwing the bars and weights all over the place, they are allowed to do that at Metroflex, which is where this was shot, I believe. I’m not condoning it…just saying that it’s okay at that particular gym.

If I’m not mistaken, the only rule there is that you can’t spit in the water fountain. Other than that, they’re cool with whatever you want to do.[/quote]

That gym was profiled in PLUSA I believe. No A/C in the Texas heat, big guys (and a few fitness women), big weights.

By the way, I’m always fascinated by the irony of “CRAZY” people. “Hey, look at me, I’m CRAZY!” “Please someone be scared of my insane antics!”

Truly crazy people don’t film themselves. They’re just crazy all by themselves. And they don’t even realize they’re crazy. I kinda laugh at guys that look for attention and recognition for being insane and do everything to reinforce that reputation when, if they actually were, they’d run and hide from the spotlight. Kind of ironic.

This was obviously done for the video. While a certain amount of dropping happens in almost any gym, I used to work in a older gym during the 80s. With the old local mach. shop welded equipment and a ton of old York and Weider Weights etc.

If you drop them from that height enough or on top of each other at some point they crack or break. Hell even the new fixed plate loaded dumbbells break apart when the big goons drop the end of the rack ones enough.

As for the training they are big so they obviously got what they set out for nuff said.

[quote]Bodyguard wrote:

If you drop them from that height enough or on top of each other at some point they crack or break. Hell even the new fixed plate loaded dumbbells break apart when the big goons drop the end of the rack ones enough.

[/quote]

Having worked out at Metroflex a number of times (Arlington is my hometown and every time I go back that’s where I lift), I can say that there is plenty of weight dropping, specifically the dumbells, to the degree that I avoid using many of the dumbells there because the weights are hanging so loosely off the handle you never know when they are going to finally give and crush your skull.

That said, I sure as hell have never, ever seen anyone throwing shit around like in that video. There is a difference between what I have seen, which is the result of putting down extremely heavy weights, and just throwing shit around for the sake of it, which is extremely dangerous and stupid, not “hardcore.”

I’m not sure what my opinion is on dropping the dumbells, either, for that matter. It is far better to be able to do so, but it does fuck up the weights, and somebody is gonna get seriously injured one day.

[quote]shawninjapan wrote:
Bodyguard wrote:

Having worked out at Metroflex a number of times (Arlington is my hometown and every time I go back that’s where I lift), I can say that there is plenty of weight dropping, specifically the dumbells, to the degree that I avoid using many of the dumbells there because the weights are hanging so loosely off the handle you never know when they are going to finally give and crush your skull.

That said, I sure as hell have never, ever seen anyone throwing shit around like in that video. There is a difference between what I have seen, which is the result of putting down extremely heavy weights, and just throwing shit around for the sake of it, which is extremely dangerous and stupid, not “hardcore.”

I’m not sure what my opinion is on dropping the dumbells, either, for that matter. It is far better to be able to do so, but it does fuck up the weights, and somebody is gonna get seriously injured one day. [/quote]

I have a feeling that was done to get more exposure and not because they regularly train by seeing how far they can toss weights around. It’s not like he can come out screaming, “lightweight, baaaaayyyybeeee!!!”. That one is taken.

As far as i could see, nothing is wrong with their training technique. It suits their purpose.
The throwing shit about is different though. Although clearly for show, I personally cannot stand weight being dropped without good reason. Annoys the fuck out of me.

I see the lack of respect for the equipment as a character defect. If any of Pai Mei’s students had acted like that, he’d have plucked out an eye-ball for sure.

actually… he does say “lightweight” at the start…followed by “woo yea mother fucker!”

i think the other guy was disappointed by how light the barbell was and threw it away in anger