Brain Function Boosters

Yeah, ta.

Has anyone noticed the shortage of Racetams lately?

It would seem that even BN havent got any in stock???

What gives?

Did you get my PM, Wings?

[quote]wings_931 wrote:

What gives?[/quote]

www.bodybuilding.com/store/prima/piracetam.html

For piracetam, it is cheaper than the prices that BN used to have.

[quote]roweski wrote:
Did you get my PM, Wings?[/quote]

No I didn’t?

My e-mail - wings_931@hotmail.com

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
wings_931 wrote:

What gives?

Wait a couple of weeks my friend and contact me.

BBB[/quote]

I already did? I pm’d you recenlty?

…something strange is going on here…

[quote]SeanT wrote:
wings_931 wrote:

What gives?

www.bodybuilding.com/store/prima/piracetam.html

For piracetam, it is cheaper than the prices that BN used to have.[/quote]

Thanks!

I’m actually after Oxiracetam…

If you know a good link?

I’ve been lurking in this thread for a while and love it. I’d been using noops for a few years- 2004- early 2008. Faves were Aniracetam (with food) and DMAE (empty stomach with seltzer and lime).

I’ve also had good results with PS and Vinpo (although I stop if I get headaches).

Had a go at Pramiracetam (20 days worth) and liked it, however it made me logical and non emotional but focused. Too expensive.

Spike was great for the first batch made but I haven’t had the same results since so I’ve taken a break.

Bought a bag of the powdered active ingredient (ironically can’t recall the chem name), from CNW and got nothing at all from it.

Piracetam never gave me anything after 4 big bottles plus GPC (also nothing noticeable there)

Oxiracetam was strong, but strong in a drowsy/ sleepy way.

Rhodiola was a nice relaxant.

Phenibut was ok, fun with a few drinks, but nasty hangover.

Now, that being said, I’ve got myself a container of Aniracetam, vinpo and dmae. I’m kicking off my first run on any noops for the first time in about a year. My question would be this- I’m planning a lower carb diet (about 80- 100 g’s a day). Is this a no- no considering my brain will be chugging more glucose?

Dietary Fats Trigger Long-term Memory Formation

ScienceDaily (May 3, 2009) ? Having strong memories of that rich, delicious dessert you ate last night? If so, you shouldn’t feel like a glutton. It’s only natural.

UC Irvine researchers have found that eating fat-rich foods triggers the formation of long-term memories of that activity. The study adds to their recent work linking dietary fats to appetite control and may herald new approaches for treating obesity and other eating disorders.

Study results appear this week in the early online edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Daniele Piomelli, the Louise Turner Arnold Chair in Neurosciences, teamed with UCI’s James McGaugh, one of the world’s leading learning and memory researchers, to examine how dietary fats facilitate memory retention.

Piomelli’s previous studies identified how oleic acids from fats are transformed into a compound called oleoylethanolamide (OEA) in the upper region of the small intestine. OEA sends hunger-curbing messages to the brain to increase feelings of fullness. In elevated levels, OEA can reduce appetite, produce weight loss and lower blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.

Piomelli and McGaugh discovered that OEA also causes memory consolidation, the process by which superficial, short-term memories are transformed into meaningful, long-term ones. It does this, Piomelli said, by activating memory-enhancing signals in the amygdala, part of the brain involved in the consolidation of memories of emotional events.

The researchers found that administering OEA to rodents improved memory retention in two different tests. When cell receptors activated by OEA were blocked, memory retention effects decreased.

“OEA is part of the molecular glue that makes memories stick,” Piomelli said. “By helping mammals remember where and when they have eaten a fatty meal, OEA’s memory-enhancing activity seems to have been an important evolutionary tool for early humans and other mammals.”

Dietary fats are important for overall health, helping with the absorption of vitamins and the protection of vital organs. While the human diet is now rich in fats, this was not the case for early humans. In fact, fat-rich foods in nature are quite rare.

“Remembering the location and context of a fatty meal was probably an important survival mechanism for early humans,” Piomelli said. “It makes sense that mammals have this capability.”

Today, he noted, such memory enhancement may not be so beneficial. While OEA contributes to feelings of fullness after a meal, it could also engender long-term cravings for fatty foods that, when eaten in excess, can cause obesity.

Currently, Piomelli said, drugs that mimic OEA are in clinical trials for triglyceride control. He is interested in learning whether they could improve consolidation in people with memory problems.

Patrizia Campolongo, Jin Fu, Giuseppe Astarita and Benno Roozendaal of UCI and Viviana Trezza and Vincenzo Cuomo of the University of Rome participated in the study, which was supported by grants from the National Institutes of Health.

Journal reference:

1. Patrizia Campolongo, Benno Roozendaal, Viviana Trezza, Vincenzo Cuomo, Giuseppe Astarita, Jin Fu, James L. McGaugh, and Daniele Piomelli. Fat-induced satiety factor oleoylethanolamide enhances memory consolidation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2009; DOI: 10.1073/pnas.0903038106

Adapted from materials provided by University of California - Irvine.

Sorry to come into this late and not do enough search-work, but with the thread being so long and other muddled ones floating around, could someone clarify the current US status of piracetam? It doesn’t seem to fit into one of the three standard categories (in my experience) of scrip, otc, covered by supplement act so that one can buy retail?

Yet, from this and other recent press (even the popular press which is suddenly fascinated with enhancers) it is apparently not illegal. What’s the basic scoop? From what I can tell I can buy through internet legally but not retail? What gives?

I just ordered aniracetam from americannutrition.com Its on its way…

[quote]RTMB wrote:
From what I can tell I can buy through internet legally but not retail? What gives?[/quote]

You are answering your own questions…

[quote]RTMB wrote:
Sorry to come into this late and not do enough search-work, but with the thread being so long and other muddled ones floating around, could someone clarify the current US status of piracetam? It doesn’t seem to fit into one of the three standard categories (in my experience) of scrip, otc, covered by supplement act so that one can buy retail?

Yet, from this and other recent press (even the popular press which is suddenly fascinated with enhancers) it is apparently not illegal. What’s the basic scoop? From what I can tell I can buy through internet legally but not retail? What gives?[/quote]

I don’t have a terribly illuminating response for you, but for reasons that I can only guess at, domestic companies are not purchasing raw materials. AFAIK nootropics are not currently subject to any particular oversight by the FDA. I’m sure that will change, however, as pharm companies usually have their way.

My step son is a fire marshal aboard a US Navy warship. There was a fire on board, actually he is recovering nicely, but has some brain fogginess due to smoke and toxic fume inhalation. The doctors have also put him on vicodin for pain in his lungs. I’m thinking he needs vinpo and centrophenoxine. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated, guys!

[quote]middleageguy wrote:
My step son is a fire marshal aboard a US Navy warship. There was a fire on board, actually he is recovering nicely, but has some brain fogginess due to smoke and toxic fume inhalation. The doctors have also put him on vicodin for pain in his lungs. I’m thinking he needs vinpo and centrophenoxine. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated, guys! [/quote]

The best treatment for both the hipoxia your step-son experienced and the possible toxicities of unknown substances he inhaled are going to be best treated by an expert. Best of luck.

G’day all!

I have a question: does anyone know of a reputable supplier of aniracetam or (preferably) oxiracetam who ships to Australia? Everywhere I look seems to be wither out of stock or doesn’t ship internationally.

Sorry if this has been asked already.

Cheers.

p.s. Great thread.

I’ve been having trouble falling asleep… can’t ‘stop thinking’ and even start thinking about stupid grudges while lying in bed. Thinking about how somebody deserves a knuckle sandwich is not conducive to sleep LOL. Kinda weird that I would ramp up the most stressful thoughts during the time I should be resting.

Inspired by this thread, I purchased some GABA, 5-HTP and L-Theanine, and took my first dose last night. It helped me relax, my limbs felt heavy and my mind did not race. But I still couldn’t fall asleep. I just lay in bed, relaxed but not asleep.

My initial dosage:
GABA: 2 grams
5-HTP: 100 mg
L-Theannine: 170 mg

Should I stick with these dosages (maybe results will improve over time)? Increase dosages (suggestions)? Or add/subtract from this stack?

I know it’s hard to make exact recommendations but I’d appreciate feedback from experienced folks.

Not too familiar with l-theanine for sleep but this research Beta-alanine supplementation and high-intensity interval training augments metabolic adaptations and endurance performance in college-aged men | Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition | Full Text says that “It is concluded that post-workout supplementation of 50 mg L-theanine accelerates mental regeneration after physical exercise. The effect is not based on hormonal changes and higher amounts of L-theanine do not result in additional benefits.”