Brain Function Boosters

[quote]epitome wrote:

BTW, Anyone have any opinions on L-Theanine? Green Tea? On the Blueberry studies linked above?

epitome.[/quote]

Hi, I am long time lurker but I really enjoyed this thread. As with so many others here I’ve done pretty much everything under the sun and have dabbled with nootropics before.

I work in a high stress environment where I have to deal with illogical people and unique situations everyday.

This is my functional day stack:

Vinpocetine 15mg
Zen Theanine 450mg
Matcha Green Tea 2grams
(I put the Matcha into pills myself and take with lots of water)
Throughout the day I drink Matcha green tea and hot chocolate. (I used to be a huge coffee drinker.)

The purpose of this stack is to keep me calm during the work day because emotions are expensive and exhaust you mentally faster than anything else. People are always trying to make you panic because they are. Everyday, someone’s promise becomes my emergency. You could think of it as my Zen - calm in the storm stack.

During unrealistic crunch times I use dexedrine. But be forewarned, get the structure of your project and game plan ready before you take the dexie.

This is only my opinion and what I do. I do not suggest this to anyone else but I hope this gives incite to other people in researching and planning for themselves.

I use Zen Theanine and Vinpo15 from www.aor.ca
Green Tea Powder (600g)from TenRen’s Tea (It’s not first harvest but at $20 a shot it is economical and I consume it in large amounts.)

Anybody have any troubles combining Power Drive with caffeine? I’ve tried adding in some caffeine, but I feel dull and not all there. Is there an interaction with the DMAE? Or the choline? I tried googling both, but nothing came up. Any ideas on possible interactions between the two?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
lumbernac wrote:
So, BBB, would you say that Oxi is the best of the racetams? If not would you have a suggestion? thanks yo

You’d have to define ‘best’. Oxi is excellent for memory retention but not nice to live with. The sheer memory emphasis can, I find, actually slightly impede clear thought.

Ani is prized by me for its memory and cognition effects. However its chief benefit for me is its anxiolytic property. Taking this before an exam, has left me utterly unfazed by any of my final exams last year.

It seems almost to create a ‘disconnect’ between your brain and your ‘oh shit, lets dump some adrenaline into the system because this exam is seriously tricky shit’ system. And we all know how badly adrenaline can fuck up the thought process.

But then I haven’t tried the other racetams. Pramiricetam looks good though.

BBB[/quote]

crates a disconnect huh? It sounds like Ani isn’t really a stimulant at all from what you’re saying…i’ve heard over and over in this thread that the racetams are stimulants but oddly enough, your mentioning about the disconnect thing makes it sound like it is an anti-stimulant or what have you.

I’ve been trying out yohimbine and caffeine the last couple of weeks with good results and a order of piracetam just got here, which I have not used yet.

So I was just wondering if there was any reason not to use yohimbine with piracetam…? Should I wait till I’m done cutting to use it?

Last weeks protocol:

Morning with Breakfast -
.5g DMAE
1.5g Piraceteam
10mg Vinpo

Throughout the day -
10mg Vinpo x2
1.5g Pira x1

I love how I feel on this set up. Very postive and awake and my reaction time is up quite a lot as well.

This weekend I got pretty blizted for the first time since before Xmas last year and had NO hang over at all. I mean, I didn’t feel ‘on top of the world’ but besides a bit of hunger and groggyness I was in great shape.

Gonna stop the drinking but continue the protocol.

[quote]Acodd242 wrote:
I’ve been trying out yohimbine and caffeine the last couple of weeks with good results and a order of piracetam just got here, which I have not used yet.

So I was just wondering if there was any reason not to use yohimbine with piracetam…? Should I wait till I’m done cutting to use it?[/quote]

Should be fine.

Blood sugar and memory

http://www.jonnybowden.com/2009/03/senior-moment-maybe-its-your-blood.html

I’ve been daily alternating Provigil (Moda) and Yohimbe-Free Spike for a couple of months now. I took Provigil daily for a week or so before this and YES it does lose its effect (for me). Spike did the same. But now that I alternate them by day, I no longer get sleepy in the afternoon and am able to teach Calc with a clear head. The Provigil is taken with breakfast and lunch, the Spike on an empty stomach before breakfast and before lunch.

Vinpo stopped working for me. I know cycling it is not a good protocol, so I stopped altogether.

This thread should be our first ‘sticky’ in here. Who’s with me?

Just ordered some Pyroglutamate and ashgawandha figured I’d see what your guys opinion on Pyro.

Does anyone know a decently priced supplier of aniracetam or oxi that accepts paypal, I’ve ordered 3 times from various places and they keep getting canceled.

me

Headhunter wrote:

Vinpo stopped working for me. I know cycling it is not a good protocol, so I stopped altogether.

You are positive about that? I can’t see a reason why that should be. Obviously ones enzyme profile may change over time accelerating clearance of certain compounds, but not to that extent I think. What dose did you work up to before you quit?

BBB[/quote]

I found the same thing. It had a huge effect on me when i started and its been around 6 months now taken everyday at 30-40 mg. I’m still going to take it though.

Headhunter wrote:

You are positive about that? I can’t see a reason why that should be. Obviously ones enzyme profile may change over time accelerating clearance of certain compounds, but not to that extent I think. What dose did you work up to before you quit?

BBB[/quote]

I started out with 20 mg/ed for 2 weeks and then 30. Maybe it was that my new norm was therefore not unusual so I didn’t notice anything. Been thinking of starting again.

Could Polycythemia Vera (type I) have anything to do with it? (too much blood production)

Headhunter wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

BBB

I started out with 20 mg/ed for 2 weeks and then 30. Maybe it was that my new norm was therefore not unusual so I didn’t notice anything. Been thinking of starting again.

Could Polycythemia Vera (type I) have anything to do with it? (too much blood production)

Interesting question on the polycythemia. If it were secondary polycythemia, i.e. increased number of RBCs from non-pathological origin (e.g. TRT) then the increased O2 transport capability of the blood, might mimic some of the effects of vinpocetine, but not the enhanced ATP synthesis in the brain.

Are you sure you have type I (which is a pathological condition) and not type II which arises from non-pathological causes (high altitude, smoking, AAS, etc).

BBB[/quote]

It just hit me that I hijacked the thread. Can you PM me with more info?

I too think this should really be a sticky. It’s a fantastic wealth of knowledge.

Right about the end of 2008 I got pretty drunk with my cousin. I’d say a 10/10 as far as how drunk I’ve ever been. (I spent the night puking for the 2nd time ever). I woke up at noon still wasted, hung over all day, sick as shit all night and STILL feeling horrible the next day.

Fast forward to last weekend (3mo later) to a point where I had been using DMAE for 1.5mo and using Paracetem & Vinpo for 1.5wks and that’s where I was last weekend. I went out to the Cask with some friends and got pretty torn up (first time since the end of '08); probably 8/10.

So you would think that if a 10 landed me in the puke bin and all the wonderful after-effects that happened you would think that an 8 wouldn’t put me in the best place the next day(s). Wrong. Aside from feeling a bit tired for a few hours after waking; I was 100% fine. And I blame it on my Brain Function Booster. 100%

Both nights were full of drinking hard liquor and eating and then late night eating again. I weighed about the same as well…

Just thought I’d share my thoughts on some things that BFBs are doing for me. Not that I’m going to drink much more…but interesting nonetheless.