Brain Function Boosters

Found this site: Erowid Nootropic (Smart Drugs) Vaults

Contains reviews and personal experience with different drugs.

why is this thread so long, simple answer here… just take adderall.

Adderall sux for me. It makes me jittery, sick to my stomach and aggrivates my anxiety.

For many, adderall works great (I have many friends that swear by it), but for those of us too sensitive to it, it’s a no-go.

Adrafinil is the sweet spot for me. . .

Peace,

Ordered 500g of ALCAR

going to take 2g am and 2g about 6 hours later.

will report back in a few weeks.

Scott

I’ve noticed that not a lot of people take Deprynl here.

I have been consistently dosing 2.5mg EOD for about a month now, and I have noticed drastic differences in my mood. I now feel a drive that I never had before. It has made a lot of positive changes in my life. Instead of getting stressed over things, I fix the problem. I am much more relaxed when communicating with people as well.

There is one negative side effect though. I have a lot less patience. Things like slow drivers now get me pretty aggressive. I had a team member that really screwed me over last week on something. In the past, I would have been angry, but not angry enough to confront him. On Deprynl, I was close to murdering the guy. Although it does feel bad to have little patience, it feels good to be assertive rather than passive-aggressive.

My GPA for this semester is also 3.7 right now. My previous average was 2.4. Pretty big difference. I can’t say if it was because of the Deprynl or not, but I do feel a lot more on-the-ball on Deprynl, and I suspect that has made a difference in my grades.

Took roughly half a teaspoon of ALCAR this morning when my delivery came.

within an hour i had not noticed anything until i started to read a casestudy that i was meant to be working on.

I was reading it and about a min later i realised that i had a sort of tunnel vision thing going on. everything around me felt unimportant and i was totally focused on reading. i am the kind of person that is so easily distracted.

My flatmate had to call my name 3 times from behind me until i responded. i simply didnt respond to him. I noticed the effect throughout the day when having to concentrate or focus on something, i got the tunnel vision thing again.

Just back from the gym and i felt i was more focused on me and less about what everyone was doing about me. Also felt a tad more agressive.

Obviously this could all be placebo or a fluke. but ill report back in a week or too and see if its still working.

Scott

TG, that’s interesting! I keep forgetting to submit my order at QHI, but was going to tag some deprenyl onto my hydergine order for funsies.

Whilst Dep blocks MAO-B, specifically, so no cheese-effect, crazy hypertension and other side-affects associated with MAO-A blockers, it’s my understanding that Hydergine’s a blood-flow enhancer much the same as Vinpo, just with a more potent, and broad spectrum, effect.

Is there any synergism or ill-effect from combining the two?

I was only going to be running Hydergine as an experiment, I can’t remember if you’ve used it, but which did you prefer, and do you have any tips regarding them?

I’ve had a bout of apathy since starting back at uni in September. It’s not bad by any means, and I’ve always been somewhat lazy; but now I’m unmotivated to boot. Deprenyl sounds like it could be right up my street…

WG, I’m not too sure about the dosage I’m going to run the Hydergine at. The tabs are 4.5mg. I think I’m going to run a half-tab per day.

Sorry to hear moda didn’t work out for you… I don’t get much at all from it anymore, aside from wakefullness. I’ve actually spent the last three days on it, and could count the number of hours sleep I’ve had on one hand! In times of sleep depravation, it’s a godsend.

-Rowesk

[quote]jck524 wrote:
why is this thread so long, simple answer here… just take adderall. [/quote]

LOL.

Review of strattera:

stratterra is a drug for ADD/ADDHD but works great as a nootropic as well.

Pros-

-Increases thinking speed, creativity, use of language, etc. My professor read one of my english papers written while I was on that, and my reasoning everything was much better.

I even took an IQ test from my school’s psychology dept 2x, one w/out the strattera and one with it. The test with stratterra pegged my IQ as 10 points higher than the other FYI, so it can really turn on the light bulb.

It also makes you reaalllllly empathetic, probably abnormally so. Therefore, it can be good for interaction and so i use it for my sales job more than anything else. This is mostly a good thing but it is kinda bad as well, b/c my gf said it was making me “needy” but whatever.

Also, you get a good buzz from the drug, similar to if/when smoking but b/c this drug is made to help you concentrate the high isn’t anything that will keep you from doing a task unlike the good green stuff.
Cons?

It can cause some stomach cramping, and I also notice the aftertaste of the drug once it gets working. So, if you have a really good sense of taste, you will notice a bitter taste in your saliva from this. Also, b/c it is a stimulant it will keep you up depending on dosage and you also get a mild case of the jitters but nothing too bad.

I give stratterra an 8/10.

Review of strattera:

stratterra is a drug for ADD/ADDHD but works great as a nootropic as well.

Pros-

-Increases thinking speed, creativity, use of language, etc. My professor read one of my english papers written while I was on that, and my reasoning everything was much better.

I even took an IQ test from my school’s psychology dept 2x, one w/out the strattera and one with it. The test with stratterra pegged my IQ as 10 points higher than the other FYI, so it can really turn on the light bulb.

It also makes you reaalllllly empathetic, probably abnormally so. Therefore, it can be good for interaction and so i use it for my sales job more than anything else. This is mostly a good thing but it is kinda bad as well, b/c my gf said it was making me “needy” but whatever.

Also, you get a good buzz from the drug, similar to if/when smoking but b/c this drug is made to help you concentrate the high isn’t anything that will keep you from doing a task unlike the good green stuff.
Cons?

It can cause some stomach cramping, and I also notice the aftertaste of the drug once it gets working. So, if you have a really good sense of taste, you will notice a bitter taste in your saliva from this.

Also, b/c it is a stimulant it will keep you up depending on dosage and you also get a mild case of the jitters but nothing too bad.

I give stratterra an 8/10.

So…which is better, mofandil/provogil or a stack of piracetam and choline? Anybody taken both of these and if so could give a comparison?

Lumbernac, nice review, really interesting. Were you prescribed the strattera, or was it a gray market purchase?

As simply as I can, the answer to your question is this: Modafinil will make you awake, alert and focused harder on your work - great if you get distracted, or are working into the night. Piracetam will increase your cerebral functioning, and make learning and recall faster. Not to a massive degree as, in my experience, Pira is the weakest of the racetams; but that is not to say it is unnoticeable…

There’s a ton of info in this thread about both… But I’m coming to the conclusion that modafinil just plain ain’t worth it anymore. Almost every time I take it nowadays i get palpitations and anxiety. It still works, but doesn’t even seem to keep me awake that well anymore either. Maybe that’s just me building up a tolerance…
-Rowesk

yeah I get a prescription…just go to your doctor, tell him that you have trouble concentrating, he shouldn’t even worry about giving you a test or whatever if you haven’t bugged him about nootropics or mentioned drugs

Are you in the UK, mate? I’m going to book a mass of blood tests, hormone panel etc around easter, so i might just give that a mention :slight_smile:
-Rowesk

I got my first ever shipment of Moda a few days ago, being 100x200mg. I had a long day of weapons training on Thursday and got home after midnight then showed up again a couple hours later to do it all over again. Without Moda, I would have faded out and went to sleep by noon. With Moda, I stayed strong all day long.

Adrafinin- Fairly effective, helps me deal with the afternoon sluggishness. It’s worth the low price.

Moda- Aces!

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
wings_931 wrote:
Been lurkin on this thread…

Got my hands on the Modafinil; works a treat!

Im studying in the UK for my career and the class room times can become some what tiresome with a shedload of info, which ofcourse we have to assimilate.

Today life was easier!

Training tonight was also a pleasure…

I had 200mg at around 8am - lasted all day.

anyone been using Moda long term? any one note any decrease in effectivness?

I’m glad that source worked out for you my friend. Now we just need to get you on those supps that actually increase cognition, rather than just making you work hard, lol.

BBB[/quote]

Please tell me which ones they are!

A “list” would be good?

PS - contact me - would be good to go up 24 again!

Another review on the herbal front:

Found some discounted Ashwaghandha at a Vitamin Cottage, $1 a bottle for some close to the expiration date, I said what the hell. I’ve taken some herbs since reading this thread and have been getting a lot more into the eastern approach as far as medicine goes.

Ashwagandha is referred to as Indian ginseng and I wasn’t expecting too much. Since I only paid $1 a bottle I’ve been messing with the dosage and a few capsules later I’m impressed.

Improved mood, smiling happy, easily avoiding alcohol. It may be subtle, but its a lot more noticable than Bacopa. Social anxiety is minimized on this as I talk freely, when I would normally be quiet as can be.

The best part is its allergy season and everyone around me is complaining, I usually get them too, but it has not been affecting me and I did a quick search and it is used in allergy remedies. I have to note I have also recently been using Cissus Quadrangularis for its anti-inflammatory effects for a sore shoulder (its also been working great by the way) so these two could have been working synergistically.

So in summary good mood, positive energy and a big thumbs up on Ashwagandha. It’s fairly affordable and might become a staple for its anti-anxiety effects.

While I’m at it a quick personal review on some other herbs and boosters:

Ashwagandha 5/5
Cissus Quadrangularis 4/5
Bacopa M. 3/5
Piracetam 2/5
Vinpocetine 4/5
Horny Goat Weed 2/5
Avena Sativa 3/5
Rhodiola Rosea 5/5
Cordyceps 4/5
Phenibut 4/5
5-HTP 2/5
GABA 2/5
DMAE 3/5
Geranium 5/5

I’ve taken these over the last couple of years and these are based on my personal experiences which are obviously affected by price and expectations.

For how highly recommended Vinpocetine was, I was quite surprised with the effects. I contacted a friend of mine, a neurologist that had recommended to me Aniracetam. He said that his experience with Vinca Alkaloids, like Vinpocetine, was that they create low blood sugar, as they pack sugar into the muscles right away. His results: dizzy, pukey feel to them. I found in my experience, I got a crash resulting in low energy + bad mood.

Has anyone else experienced these effects?
How can one eliminate the bad side effects from this otherwise stimulating and intriguing supplement?

btw: ordered 10mg pills never took more than one in a day