"Brain Fog" Help

Hey guys, so currently I’m on 120 mg of testosterone per week and I am dealing with something I would describe as “brain fog.” What I mean by this is that I can’t think clearly, I feel somewhat detached from the world, and I just don’t feel like myself. At first I thought it was depression (which I am also dealing with but improving). But I noticed that the brain fog didn’t come until months into my depression. This was also in the midst of taking TRT.

So one week, I forgot to take my weekly testosterone shot, and what I noticed was though I was a little sluggish that week, each day I became a little more clear-headed. And then the next week I took the shot, Boom! The brain fog came right back within hours. My question is, what do you guys think could be causing this? Quitting TRT seems lke the logical thing to do but if I do that, my testosterone levels will be extremely low again. I’m just wondering what hormones get out of whack and make me feel this way? Any insight on this could be lifechanging because I’ve been going through a living hell for months and I need something to change. Thanks. Here are some of my labs (my testosterone last checked was in the 600-700 range.

In the T replacement forum, the first topic, 2nd post, follow these links:

• advice for new guys – more info please
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • thyroid basics explained ← check oral body temperatures as suggested

Its your thyroid:
TSH should be near 1.0
fT3, fT4 should be near mid-range or a bit higher

Did you stop using iodized salt and/or vitamin listing iodine+selenium
Do feel cold easier now?
Outer eyebrows sparse?

E2=30 is sub-optimal, suggest anastrozole as per the stickies to get near E2=22pg/ml

Say, hypothetically, it 100% is my thyroid. How would I go about solving the issue?

Read the thyroid material and come back with questions after that.

Did you stop using iodized salt and/or vitamin listing iodine+selenium
Do feel cold easier now?
Outer eyebrows sparse?

1. I’ve never heard of that
  2. I do feel cold easier.
  3. I dont think my outer eyebrows are sparse

Salt stared to have iodine added in may countries in the 1920’s to prevent iodine deficiency, which leads to goiters and many other severe problems.

If thyroid function is poor, sometimes TRT has problems because thyroid function will not support the increased metabolic demands of higher T levels.

Please do the suggested reading, also pointed out some of these to you last August.

Update: I took two selenium pills, and completely forgetting that I did, I noticed my mood positively change about 30 minutes afterward. How much selenium/day is considered safe? It didn’t help my brain fog but I have high hopes for the iodine (currently shipping).

That is odd. Sometimes things happen when something new is introduced. No need for more than the amount in one pill. You can also get your selenium in a good multi-vit.